Author Topic: Anyone who is registered on the Lush forum??  (Read 2700 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: Anyone who is registered on the Lush forum??
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 16:01:58 PM »
Thanks Sarah  :shify:  ;)

Dawn, our local RSPCA are running a free neutering/spaying scheme for cats,dogs and rabbits. The only specification is people have to be on a low income or benefits. Could the girl maybe look into that at her local branch?

I'll look into it, I've basically sent her the info that Sarah put on here but I'll make a few enquiries myself re the RSPCA.  I don't deal with bunnies as a rule, but I know if there's an explosion of them in Chorley, I'll get roped in which in turn will mean Sarah will be coming to my rescue  :evillaugh:  :evillaugh:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 15:58:39 PM »
Dawn, our local RSPCA are running a free neutering/spaying scheme for cats,dogs and rabbits. The only specification is people have to be on a low income or benefits. Could the girl maybe look into that at her local branch?

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Rosiecat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 15:54:27 PM »
Hopefully a rescue would be able to help with sexing buns and pointing her in the direction of a sympathetic and bunny savvy vet.

I am happy to send my Bigwig along to educate you on bunnies Dawn...and he LOVES cats.  ;)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 15:16:54 PM »
Thanks for the advice, I know nothing about rabbits.  I'll email now as I think I've now got her email address and pass on the rescue number.   :hug:

ccmacey

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 14:22:39 PM »
In my local PDSA they are neutering and spaying rabbits for £50 & £40, maybe there is one near where she lives and her mum could register the rabbits as hers (thats if she gets housing or council tax benefit) just thought this could be a cheaper option than the vets  :shy:

Offline Rosiecat

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 14:08:58 PM »
If she does have a male and a female then the female is probably already pregnant.  In any event she is going to need to separate them - males can remain fertile up to 6 weeks after castration and the female would need to be kept by herself to recover after a spay as a recently neutered male may still try to mount her.

She should check either with a vet or a good rabbit rescue that they are actually male/female - if they are adult it will be obvious (!) but young bunnies can be difficult to sex.   Two girls (or two boys) will chase and mount each other just as a male/female pair.    The buns should be vaccinated for Myxo and VHD (two weeks apart) so a vet trip is a good idea in any event particularly given the time of year.   If it is the Chorley in Lancashire then there is Bunny Hop Rescue in Bolton (01942 810831/07801 186174) which is run by a lady called Kay.   I don't know her personally but know of her and all good! 

Even if the buns are the same sex they WILL still need neutering to prevent fighting and to ensure that their relationship remains happy long term.   

It will cost MUCH more if they have babies, if cost is an issue.

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Anyone who is registered on the Lush forum??
« Reply #1 on: July 18, 2007, 12:50:54 PM »
Had a couple of calls this morning from my mate, she's had an email from someone who's been on the lush forum and there's a young girl on there who needs help with getting her rabbits neutered.  She's in Chorley but not sure which one  :sneaky:

This is the email:

On the Lush forum is a 16 year old who has pet rabbits, and has realised she has got a male and a female.

Her mother won't believe her, and won't pay out to get either or both seen to until the end of the month.

This poor girl is very worried about the rabbits breeding, she doesn't want them to and wants to get one or both done NOW, but her mother has told her that she must pay for it herself.  She doesn't have a lot of cash about and I wondered if you knew of anyone in the Chorley area who would know of a vet who would do a neutering/spaying on the cheap.  She doesn't have the money to fork out for additional hutching, food etc.

Do you know of anyone I can put her in touch with?

It would be great if you did!

If anyone can help, we want to try and track down this girl and sort something out for her before we have an explosion of rabbits to deal with  :hug:
« Last Edit: July 18, 2007, 12:52:57 PM by Dawn (DiddyDawn) »

Link to CatChat