Author Topic: Temporary foster care in Stoke on Trent  (Read 1636 times)

Offline LesleyW

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Many and varied
Temporary foster care in Stoke on Trent
« Reply #1 on: July 10, 2007, 10:29:09 AM »
My friend has asked if I could post to see if anyone can help her.  Her mum has had to go into hospital suddenly in Stoke on Trent and she has four cats.  Luckily, Cats Protection have been wonderful and looked after them in their home but have now said that it is not fair on the cats to be stuck in a property on their own indefinitly and have placed them in a cattery.

Unfortunately, my friend, Loretta,  has been away and has just come back.  Cats Protection have been in touch stating that it is now costing them money to keep the cats at the cattery and what are the plans for them and can my friend now take charge of cats.

Loretta is hoping that her mum will not be in hospital for too long and knows she would be heartbroken if the cats were re-homed before she could get better.

Is there anyone in the Stoke On Trent area who could offer foster homes to these kitties until Loretta's mum is better.  Obviously, the timescale is not known at the moment and it may be that in the long run the cats will have to be re-homed but this will just give everyone time to consider the situation and for Loretta's mum to recover.

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated, otherwise I have a drive to Stoke on Trent on Satruday with Loretta to pick four cats up!!
Even the smallest feline is a masterpiece (Leonardo da Vinci)

Link to CatChat