Author Topic: WHY DO PEOPLE  (Read 3851 times)

Offline lilycat

• Senior Cat
  • Lilycat
Re: WHY DO PEOPLE
« Reply #16 on: June 15, 2007, 20:16:45 PM »
How can someone throw out a 16 year old? Do they have no conscience at all?

I was going to say that she must know a cat of that age will be harder to rehome but then I remembered...she obviously doesn't give a monkeys  >:(

When she gets old, she'll be wondering why her children never visit and pack her off into some awful nursing home as quick as they can. I have one word for her...Karma.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #15 on: June 15, 2007, 07:16:44 AM »
Mark and I often share the same sentiment for how people like this should be punished. Agree 200%. Unbelievable. The poor baby.

Offline deniseb90

• Senior Cat
    • Anim-Mates
« Reply #14 on: June 14, 2007, 22:30:29 PM »
I would love to get inside these "people"s heads and see what makes their 2 brain cells rub together. It is just like turfing your family out (in fact worse for me as I'm more an animal than people person). How can you have a cat for that long and not form a bond  :Crazy: - they are just worthless scum.

Agree with you completely Mark.   

Dx

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #13 on: June 14, 2007, 14:06:46 PM »
Maybe 2 brain cells is being optimistic   :doh:

I just can't imagine doing something like that, if I ever had to give Max up for any reason it would completely destroy me. 

I hope they can live with their consiences, if indeed they have one, which i doubt  :(
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 14:07:26 PM by clarenmax »

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #12 on: June 14, 2007, 13:51:27 PM »
I would love to get inside these "people"s heads and see what makes their 2 brain cells rub together. It is just like turfing your family out (in fact worse for me as I'm more an animal than people person). How can you have a cat for that long and not form a bond  :Crazy: - they are just worthless scum.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #11 on: June 14, 2007, 13:15:24 PM »
Aww, the poor little mite, getting to that age and being turfed out, it is so sad that people do it.
Please spay your cat

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #10 on: June 14, 2007, 10:28:45 AM »
as much as i really do understand the babys coming and how it changed the whole dynamics and priorities of a household not to mention the financial factors (and the hair well yes dont get me started on that one) i dont understand how people can actually live with the guilt of rehoming tbh.
everything in my household has changed due to varying circumstances but you work around the constraints and find a happy medium for everyone..2 & 4 legged.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #9 on: June 14, 2007, 09:15:43 AM »
Oops  :-[

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 08:37:23 AM »
26 yer old cat

26. Do you want to borrow my glasses? ;D
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 08:37:36 AM by Ela »
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 08:35:51 AM »
I hope this baby gets the best forever home after this to live out her years.

Oh! it will believe me, as it is me unless I am away of course who vets everyone. While I am away I leave Donna in charge. Although she has only been with us about 4 years she is learning fast.    Every time I speak to her I say as you know then drop out some fact  that I wouldn't think it necessary to tell everyone, the reason being is that although she doesn't  know it I an gradually teaching her all I know so when I pop my clogs she can take over. Also she knows she can phone me at any time while I am away. (Away on holiday of course not when I have popped my clogs.  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 08:33:24 AM »
There are some heartless "people" out there. I doubt that someone who could evict their 26 yer old cat will be a great mother - probably a Vicky Pollard type  >:(

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 08:25:33 AM »
Awful. How can people be so heartless. I hope this baby gets the best forever home after this to live out her years.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 07:30:08 AM »
Don't know how you can keep your cool with these people Ela.

One has to for the cats.  Under any other circumstance I would not give these types the time of day.

Offline deniseb90

• Senior Cat
    • Anim-Mates
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 21:57:30 PM »
Don't know how you can keep your cool with these people Ela.

Poor old cat - 16 and being chucked out. :censored:

ccmacey

« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 20:02:48 PM »
I have a 2 yo, am 6 months pregnant and have 4 cats!

I don't get these people who say these things, obviously the cat is just a substitute till the baby comes!

Anyway I prefer cats, much easier to look after!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
WHY DO PEOPLE
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 17:47:56 PM »
Keep moving the goal post. A lady has just rang asking where I lived, when I asked why she said I want to bring you a cat, I replied that we have a list of cats waiting to come. I asked why she could not keep the cat and she said I am pregnant. I replied I don't mean to be rude, but we have all had babies and cats, my daughter had 2 babies and 3 indoor cats. The lady replied well when the baby starts crawling it will get cat hairs on it (shame). I said well as the baby will not start crawling for months that gives us time to bring the cat in. She then  changed tactics, well I can't afford to feed it and buy the baby stuff, I replied sweetly Oh! that's not a problem I we can provide you with food until we can bring the cat in. She then got angry and said aggressively  what do you do if someone dumps one on your doorstep (thank goodness I didn't tell her where I lived). I replied if anyone was that callous then we would have to squeeze it in somewhere, but it may have to be a bathroom and that is not really suitable. I feel so sorry for the cat as it is 16, as soon as we home something I will as Donna while I am away to give it priority along with the other priority cats.
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 07:31:57 AM by Ela »

Link to CatChat