Author Topic: A REASON TO CHIP  (Read 2993 times)

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
Re: A REASON TO CHIP
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2007, 17:58:49 PM »
Just to add a plea to this - please remember to change your details with the microchip company if you move house. We have had two lovely cats in the last 3 months who were chipped but their owners had moved from the address on the records and we had no way of tracing them as they hadn't revised their details.  :(

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 25, 2007, 07:59:46 AM »
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
I wish someone would find my sweet girl who went missing 2 years ago, she was chipped.   Never heard nothing.  I hope she is somewhere safe and in a loving and comfy home.

In this case I would think she has another home, (which at least must bring a little comfort), as if the little one had been injured or taken into a rescue I think you would have known as all vets and most rescues nowadays have readers.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline JMC

• Adult Cat
  • Jinni - my bridge baby
« Reply #10 on: May 24, 2007, 21:33:24 PM »
I wish someone would find my sweet girl who went missing 2 years ago, she was chipped.   Never heard nothing.  I hope she is somewhere safe and in a loving and comfy home.

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 24, 2007, 08:08:27 AM »
The owners didnt want him back tho, he had been gone over a year and they had got a new one!

Unfortunately we too have had a few like this, but at least you can then find out something about the cats background and the owners have closure. Often when people have lost a cat after a couple of weeks they ring for another cat and I always ask that they perhaps give it more time and always ask what if you do get your little one back? Many of them them go on to chose a cat that does like other cats just in case their own returns. To be honest if anyone said I would hand it over to rescue, they would not get another from us.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2007, 08:09:46 AM by Ela »

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #8 on: May 24, 2007, 07:07:00 AM »
fantastic news.  It's good to hear success stories like this - too often it's easy to forget there are some!

Offline smudgepickles

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 23, 2007, 21:38:48 PM »
Lucky kitty! I hope his mum & dad were pleased to see him  :Luv:

My neighbour got one of their cats as a stray, he went to the vet and was scanned and beep he was chipped. The owners didnt want him back tho, he had been gone over a year and they had got a new one!

HOw could they not want him back thats awful...good for your neighbour MM  :hug: :hug:

Thats a lovely story of being reunited Ela can you imagine the reunion  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:

xx

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2007, 20:59:32 PM »
Lovely story, another happy ending.
Please spay your cat

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #5 on: May 23, 2007, 20:57:16 PM »
Brilliant, what a happy ending.

That was my one regret with my cat Pooh, he went missing 3yrs ago and he wasnt chipped.
Needless to say all my other are now done

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 20:22:45 PM »
Lucky kitty! I hope his mum & dad were pleased to see him  :Luv:

My neighbour got one of their cats as a stray, he went to the vet and was scanned and beep he was chipped. The owners didnt want him back tho, he had been gone over a year and they had got a new one!

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 19:43:33 PM »
Oh how fantastic .... I bet the owners were overjoyed.
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #2 on: May 23, 2007, 19:41:53 PM »
Fantastic and well done to the lady for bothering to get in touch and then taking cat to vet.   ;D

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
A REASON TO CHIP
« Reply #1 on: May 23, 2007, 19:34:09 PM »
Yesterday a lady rang me about a stray cat, I gave her the advice that is on our site about found cats. Yesterday I sent her a paper Collar and also asked her if she could take the cat to the vets check if if was chipped. She has just phoned me to say that the cat was chipped and had been missing for 6 months. Had the cat not been chipped it would have needed to come into care, Instead it has been reunited with its loving owners.

Link to CatChat