Author Topic: I'm getting my first rescue!!  (Read 3136 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: I'm getting my first rescue!!
« Reply #11 on: May 14, 2007, 00:33:42 AM »
I'm (so far) not feeling as if I'm going to become over attached to them :scared: but rather enjoying having them for however long it may be then sending them off to wonderful new homes. HOWEVER, probably when the day comes I'll be in floods of tears :)

I say that about every one that I get in.......sadly, it doesn't work like that all the time.  I've cried over them after just having them in one night, I'm not really cut out for doing cat rescue  :sigh:  but it does have it's rewards, and once you get over the initial upset of them going to a new home, it's great to see them so settled  :Luv:  :Luv:  I keep saying, I'm not going to put myself through it again and again, but it's one of those things......you get sucked in and then you end up the  :Crazy: cat woman  :evillaugh:

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #10 on: May 13, 2007, 15:53:40 PM »
Sounds like you have a good attitude Alex, and that is very helpful in fostering.
Please spay your cat

Offline alexgirl73

• Adult Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 13, 2007, 15:51:07 PM »
I'm (so far) not feeling as if I'm going to become over attached to them :scared: but rather enjoying having them for however long it may be then sending them off to wonderful new homes. HOWEVER, probably when the day comes I'll be in floods of tears :)
A home without a cat is just a house!

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 11:05:31 AM »
its hard when they go but it is so so rewarding.

Even after all these years I find it very hard to let go, even those that have been in care only a short while and those who must be obeyed, However, to know that the little ones are going on to a better life (unless those that came in for a genuine reason and were much loved and will now be equally loved) is rewarding and of course you are making space for another little one who may be desperate.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 10:46:14 AM »
As I said on your other thread, I am so glad that you finally got through to someone. I personally dont find it hard to let my fosters go, but can imagine it can be hard - but sadly there is always another needy one to take their place.
Please spay your cat

Offline kelly-joy

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2007, 10:59:36 AM »
Thats great that you have started fostering. its hard when they go but it is so so rewarding. remember that as one leaves that no longer needs your help there will be more waiting to come in.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: May 11, 2007, 09:14:25 AM »
Well done. I'm sure you will benefit from it too. The only thing that scares me is getting used to parting with them when they are homed.

We are having our garden done at the moment and there will be a small "summer house" OH doesn't know but I have it earmarked for cat use  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #4 on: May 10, 2007, 15:23:30 PM »
awwww thats fab new u must be well excited !
cant wait to c photos  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

ccmacey

« Reply #3 on: May 10, 2007, 13:59:53 PM »
Good luck to you and the kittys finding new homes.

Offline Sabrina (Auferstehen)

• Super Cat
    • Bywater Paws
« Reply #2 on: May 10, 2007, 13:43:08 PM »
Congrats on your fosters!

Been thinking about doing this at some point in the future, I've got 2 extra rooms in the house but it's bringing my husband around to the idea.

And the amount of tissues I'd need when it's time to part with them.

Offline alexgirl73

• Adult Cat
I'm getting my first rescue!!
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2007, 13:30:12 PM »
I have been trying to get involved with rescue for a while and at the beginning of the week I finally manged ot make contact with someone from the CPL and tomorrow I am getting my first cat! Well, 4 actually :) I'm having a mum and her 3 kittens who were born on friday! She has been boarded at a vets cattery for the lst few days and there was nowhere else for her to go, so she's coming to me!  As I cant have her in the house (no spare room), my shed has been duly empted and scrubbed and cat proofed so she will be going there. Much better than the little cage she's been living in. I'll be given a pen once I've been with them 6 months. I'm so very excited about this. Will post pics of Esther and her babies when she's nice and settled. ;D
A home without a cat is just a house!

Link to CatChat