Author Topic: Three cats needing placements in a rescue (Newport, Wales)  (Read 1937 times)

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
Re: Three cats needing placements in a rescue (Newport, Wales)
« Reply #6 on: October 23, 2008, 21:57:49 PM »
MM, it's not me who is doing the running around on this one - was just asked to post this to see if anyone had any ideas. The one about the cat chat lists is a good start as had forgotten about that.

Will certainly put that suggestion in the direction of the lady who is trying to sort these three furries out.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: October 23, 2008, 19:24:02 PM »
i know one near me has selective intake with preferece for family cats that are already vax'd neutered chipped   :innocent:

I know what you mean. I was trying to help a woman in Scotland today who was trying to help her aunt in Kent who has been feeding a stray  for a while but going into hospital next week. It is way out of our area so I was looking for rescues closer to her aunt. I looked on catchat and some of them will only take kittens.

Sad thing with this one, I asked her what will happen to her aunts own cat when she is in hospital. She said her aunt doesn't have a flap and no litter tray in the house as she can't carry it from the shop. The cat has always cried to go in or out. She said while the aunt is in hospital, the cat will have to stay outside and a neighbour will feed it in the garden  :(
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: October 23, 2008, 19:14:33 PM »
One problem is people hang up when they realise you aren't going to jump in a white van immediately and collect the cats.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 23, 2008, 19:11:21 PM »
I have not been in contact with the owner and she is desperate to have them homed - rspca and cpl are not interested apparently.

I am sure CP would be interested.

Sadly Ela they are not all as good as you  :( i know one near me has selective intake with preferece for family cats that are already vax'd neutered chipped   :innocent:

Reynard, have you gone through cat chats list for the area and rung everyone? Good luck

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: October 23, 2008, 09:19:48 AM »
I have not been in contact with the owner and she is desperate to have them homed - rspca and cpl are not interested apparently.

I am sure CP would be interested. Unfortunately they are possibly full to bursting and have a list of cats waiting to come in.  I know of one CP sponsored shelter that can accommodate 200 cats yet had another 300 on the list of cats waiting to come in. People tend to ring around instead of placing the cats on as many lists as possible immediately, that puts them further down the list when they are eventually placed on a list.

If a branch really did not seem interested then CP HQ should be contacted immediately and informed about the lack of interest.

I know I have read on sites that the local branch of CP are not interested when I have investigated  on the odd occasion it has been us and  as  it is me that answers the phone  I know that they have not even rung me.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
Three cats needing placements in a rescue (Newport, Wales)
« Reply #1 on: October 22, 2008, 23:57:15 PM »
Have been passed this on through contacts in the cat fancy and a cat club I'm a member of - wonder if anyone on Purrs can help? Have got permission to copy the e-mail and post on here from the original enquirer.

I have a lady in Newport Wales who has three moggies - a black, tabby and black and white;3, 2 and 1 years old respectively. They have to live outside due to child having asthma and excema. They are near a road and in trouble.

The neighbour contacted me about this - so I have put out a plea on the ukcats and a few other lists - seems most on their just want to use that mail as a forum for slagging off the rspca - not helpful.

I have not been in contact with the owner and she is desperate to have them homed - rspca and cpl are not interested apparently. All neutered and vaccinated Not sure what condition they are in - I am in Yorkshire she in wales.

Any thoughts, ladies? If you can help please PM me and I'll pass on the relevant contact details.

Link to CatChat