Author Topic: Bloody people!!  (Read 1560 times)

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
Re: Bloody people!!
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2008, 20:08:53 PM »
I think your final reply was very reserved under the circumstances. I would have gone on further and  asked if she would pass on with each kitten something like:-

Many, un-neutered males carry the FIV (feline Aids) virus, and female cats are often infected if they are bitten during mating. Males often infect each other with FIV or feline leukaemia when fighting over a female.

A female cat should be neutered at 5 - 6 months but can be neutered at any age. Even if your cat is kept indoors, it is kinder to neuter her, as she will still come into season, which is very frustrating for her and for you. Un-neutered females are also more at risk of developing cystic ovaries mammary cancer later in life  and the potentially fatal pyometra. Even one season in cats greatly increases the chance of mammary tumours later in life.

Male cats ~ if you love them, get them neutered!
When an un-neutered male reaches maturity, he will begin to roam further a field in his quest for females, exposing himself to territory battles with other males, and risking his life on busy roads. Those that roam too far will join the UK's estimated two and a half MILLION strays living on the streets today, and face a very bleak future.
Un-neutered male cats are often very aggressive towards other cats, particularly other un-neutered males. Their fights result in horrific bite injuries, abscesses, damaged eyes, and infections such as FIV. With no-one to take them to the vet, many injuries become infected, and often result in death YOUR CAT IS HELPING TO ADD TO THIS SITUATION.
Male cats should be neutered at six months and can be neutered at any time after that, even old males would benefit. If your cat is kept indoors, neutering is still the best option. Neutering will prevent him from become sexually frustrated and continually trying to escape, and will also save you from the smelly problem of urine-spraying. & prevent testicular cancer which is more common that you may think. Having the snip will not 'change his personality', that is another common myth without any basis in fact.
Recently we had 38 unneutered/unspayed cats tested for Leukaemia & Aids 35 were positive. PLEASE DO NOT PUT YOUR CAT AT

I think I would hope that she may then take the information on board, then again I know that is only living in hope and not likely to happen.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
Bloody people!!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2008, 17:57:47 PM »
From coventry freecycle (of which I am pet mod)

Subject: [coventryfreecycle] Offered 5 x Kittens

Hi my cat has just had 5 kittens, as lovley as they are I already
have three cats so I need to find loving homes for this litter, there
are girls and boys , they are one tortoishell, two ginger and two
white with a bit of ginger on them, If you are interested in homing
one of these beautiful kitens please let me know.
They were only born tonight so they will not be ready for six weeks.

my reply -
please note that kittens should stay with their mum for at least 9 weeks, even though they are normally on solids at 6 weeks its not until they are older that they learn from her how to play, retract claws etc. If kittens leave their mum too soon then they sometimes become difficult adult cats.
Mum cat can get pregnant very quickly so it is best to keep her indoors until the kittens have weaned and she can then get spayed - it also reduces the risk of something happening to mum cat and you ending up having to handrear the kittens - very hard work bottle feeding every two hours and with 5 kittens by the time you'd finished it would be almost time to clear up and start again.
If you need help with the cost of neutering, give the CP helpline a ring on 02476 251491 Please ensure they go to good homes and that the new owners get them neutered. Coventry has a huge problem with too many cats and kittens, this has has been dreadful and we are not looking forward to next year! If you need help with homing when the time comes please contact us.

her reply -
 Thankyou  for your adivce  I will make  sure the kittens are ready  to go  before  they leave their  mum,  I have had a  lot of  responce about the kittens far more  then  kittens, can I  pass on your  number  for  perople  if you have alot of  kittnes to  home. there seems to be a lot of  perople out ther who want kittnes I  have had a few  people asking for  two, im sure with all the emails I had I could  home between 10 and  20  kittens. Please advise. Duchess that  is  mum , will  be  being spayed  once she has  finished  feeding  this litter, bless her  she is a great  mum but  this being here  3rd litter is  enough.

my reply -
 I would hope most people who want kittens would consider one of the rescues in Coventry.
3 litters my goodness, I just hope that the people who have the kittens do not allow them to do the same! Hope you manage to select some good homes for them.

Sorry, this has really annoyed me -  :brick:

and its not even that bad - must go and lie down  :mad2:

Link to CatChat