Author Topic: Another phone call, so much for no more  (Read 1956 times)

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Re: Another phone call, so much for no more
« Reply #8 on: July 27, 2008, 01:27:48 AM »
I think this is the problem at the moment, rehoming is soooo slow  :tired:  I had an email off a guy a couple of days ago wanting a kitten because his daughter just happens to want one, I've not rushed to get in touch as you may have gathered  :sneaky:

(how come there's no babies done here that need looking after ??  I am so broody for little ones to look after )

What area are you in Michelle  :innocent:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 25, 2008, 17:04:34 PM »
What a nightmare it is just now each year we say it can't get any worse but it does. Most days I am receiving calls to bring in at least a dozen cats some days up to 30. So many people are being evicted; also people think they are doing us a favour by offering us kittens that they cannot home. They say I have some kittens for you as if they are offering me a wonderful gift. They are usually amazed when I say we have loads of mums and babes and are not receiving a call for a single kitten.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Michelle (furbabystar)

• Royal Cat
  • My Baby - Issey
« Reply #6 on: July 25, 2008, 12:18:28 PM »
I've said it before and i'll say it again - you are a star Dawn !

Hope all goes well with mum and babies xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

(how come there's no babies done here that need looking after ??  I am so broody for little ones to look after )

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
« Reply #5 on: July 25, 2008, 10:29:35 AM »
glad the family are OK Dawn.  You all seem to be over-run with kittens down souf.... not much up this way at the moment at all but older cats and oldies.  Good luck hun, just wish I was nearer to be able to help :hug:
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 24, 2008, 22:07:00 PM »
I picked this little lady up earlier, she's all black and has 5 little black babies  :Luv2:  She looks really young and the babies are only about 2/3 days old but all look to be in good health.  Mum is a little skinny but is nice and friendly  :Luv2:  :Luv2:

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: July 24, 2008, 14:46:15 PM »
Thanks Dawn  :hug:  I'm going to try and persuade Angie to take 7 and then rehome the other two together  :evillaugh:  Not sure she'll go for it but I'm going to give it my best shot  :naughty:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: July 24, 2008, 14:44:58 PM »
I wish I was nearer Dawn, I'd clean  your shed, my mil is coming next week for 5 weeks so any excuse to make myself scarce!!  Hopefully we can sort something out for the brighton six soon anyway

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
Another phone call, so much for no more
« Reply #1 on: July 24, 2008, 14:43:35 PM »
Just had a phone call about a mum and 5 kittens on a local council estate  :oh noo:  :oh noo:  I really want to get my numbers down but as always, it's impossible  :tired:  I just hope I get no more calls coming in, I haven't got anywhere to put anything at the moment.  Luckily I've got a kitten pen for this little family but I really need to get some of my older ones sorted for going and I think I will have to get my shed sorted and cleared.  I've got a couple of empty pens in there but also loads of junk so I know what I'll be doing next week  :shocked:

Link to CatChat