Author Topic: Rocky & Apollo: rehoming needed, B'ham area  (Read 1313 times)

Offline madkittyrescue

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Sarah, slave to the 4 legged furball gang!
    • Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Re: Rocky & Apollo: rehoming needed, B'ham area
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2008, 15:46:55 PM »
I hope you manage to find a placement for these 2 loved babes... such a sad situation but hope everything works out OK in the end for everyone. 
Sunny Harbour Cat & Kitten Rescue
Covering Fife, Edinburgh & Lothians

http://www.sunnyharbour.org.uk

Offline Reynard

• Super Cat
  • Pearl & Poppy
    • Post 14 Digital Motorsport Photography
Rocky & Apollo: rehoming needed, B'ham area
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2008, 12:56:36 PM »
A friend and fellow HHP exhibitor has asked me, with the permission of those concerned, to post this plea for rehoming on Purrs.

The lady has two adult male cats Rocky & Apollo who are brothers, both are castrated, and are up to date with medications such as worming & vaccinations they are coming up to four years old now.

She doesn't want them seperated under any circumstances having to let them go is going to be very hard on her without having to worry about finding homes for them seperately & with the added fact that they are also very close to one another 

Rocky is a pure White male & Apollo is a pure Black male, they are both large Tom cats who like their home comforts, both are housecats & very clean they have been very pampered and spoilt, they are not used to dogs which is why they cannot be rehomed with other members of the family.

The lady has recently been diagnosed with lung disease & she is also asthmatic over the past months her condition has deteriorated she's realised that being around her lovely cats is making her health much worse, she could cope with being asthmatic & having the cats but combined with the lung disease being around them both is making her very poorly.

They've been in touch with Cats Protection who have said that they would be seperated as one cat is more 'desireable' than the other - stated that they would do so to free up space  which of course in hearing that my mother point blank refused to gift her boys to Cats Protection.

Both are really lovely beautiful boys, loving & total fuss pots but the situation with the family having dogs wouldn't be fair on them at all, in all honesty they would freak, they've never seen a dog & never lived with one and there is no way knowing how they would react & how stressful it would be for them going into a home where dogs are present. They don't get along with other Cats either, they have been tested and didn't react very well at all. They are used to older children we are not too sure about babies.

The lady doesn't want any money for them, just the assurance that they would be looked after & loved in a new forever home. She is in the Birmingham area. There will be quite a few questions put forward to people interested my mother is not prepared to hand them both over willy nilly - she just wants whats best for them both.

If anyone can help with these two, let me know and I'll pass on details to my friend who is dealing with this.

Link to CatChat