Author Topic: What advice to CP branches give when get a call 4 rehoming outside their area?  (Read 1397 times)

Offline wharfevalley catsprotection

• Cat Rescue
  • Distinguished Cat
  • Bobby - looking for a new home
    • Cats Protection Wharfe Valley
Hmm yeah it's a toughy as we're so close to Bradford, which is even worse than Leeds and there's no CP there (although there is a small RSPCA branch). We do re-home there if the circumstances are right. In terms of calls for help, we have to turn many away as we have so many problems in our own area. Having said that, our closest branch, Wharfe Valley has close connections to a lady who has a small rescue center in Bradford and often takes in cats and kittens in need for that area.

Unfortunately, if you work in a bad area, you have to turn people away and the problems will always far outweigh what we can do (sad, but true).

I would say that you could offer to advertise the cats on the website and re-home them from their current situation, but as we all know, there arent that many calls for older cats! I would take advice from Branch Support and see if they can put a shout out to branches in the area for help.
Visit the cats and kittens looking for homes in the Leeds area at www.cats-wharfevalley.org.uk

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
There is no CP in the DOver area..! I am always getting calls though as other org give our number out.. Theiir is a Folkestone branch but it dosnt cover the Dover area.. But they are nearer to Dover then us..

There are several RSPCAs that cover that area..

I give advice and whole host of numbers, but RSPCA dont usually take in older cats..

Just had a call re two 15yrs old. spayed but never had any kind of vac. Husband is unwell and the wife is having to go into hospital. Cats orginally belonged to the daughter who moved up North and now has a dog. Her son also dosnt live local and has a dog... No other relatives or friends (so they say!)...

Really diff, have been onto CP HQ to get a Dover CP up and running if only to carry on the neutering message. Dover isnt a very good area and neutering is not on the top of peoples list.. Its like our Thanet area. that we try to assist with.

Unfortunately we dont have the rescources or the money to expand into other areas..
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Link to CatChat