Author Topic: Do furballs cause diaorrhea?  (Read 1718 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Do furballs cause diaorrhea?
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 19:27:45 PM »
Sometimes vomit comes up that looks like diarrhoea as its so well digested  :sick: without your smell you wouldnt know the difference!

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 10:48:18 AM »
Yep indeed they can. :hug: for whichever one of them had the dicky tum.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 10:11:55 AM »
furballs can cause the dreaded d.  It has to be quite bad for that, and I think it will depend on the location of the furball, but I recall Magpie years ago having a furball problem and it was affecting him at both ends  :sick:  It took industrial quantities of katalax to shift it.

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 00:52:28 AM »
Its terrible when you cant smell and I was like this for years and I couldnt taste much either, so dangerous cos you dont know when food is off  etc etc

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 00:34:16 AM »
I think you'll know better if it was just a passing thing if there are no more episodes - I hope for your sake there aren't, as it sounds like a rotten homeocoming :yuk:

(I knew that new  smilie would soon be needed :sneaky:)

Fingers crossed it is connected as neither of them seems poorly in any way. Love the new smiley  :evillaugh:

Luckily, or perhaps unluckily, I don't have a sense of smell although I used to be able to smell so I still wrinkled my nose in revulsion  :sick: I've had to go round with a torch looking under the bed etc as if there were any deposits I'd missed I would never know as I can't smell!

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 00:30:01 AM »
twice Trigger has had a couple of episodes of d&v, though not uncontrolled, and there was a fur ball in the vomit

on the other hand I have a fur ball sausage every two weeks without any d at all

I think you'll know better if it was just a passing thing if there are no more episodes - I hope for your sake there aren't, as it sounds like a rotten homeocoming :yuk:

(I knew that new  smilie would soon be needed :sneaky:)
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 00:25:11 AM »
Misa used to get so surprised that he would back away from where he thought he was going to deposit it and that makes everything land in terrible places to clean.....sigh

Oh yes, they're long stretched out stains  :innocent: Thank god for baby wipes  :evillaugh:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 00:23:03 AM »
The sickness will be the fur ball but the other could be just surprise at having brought one up.

However if it continues.....................................

Misa used to get so surprised that he would back away from where he thought he was going to deposit it and that makes everything land in terrible places to clean.....sigh

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Do furballs cause diaorrhea?
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 00:19:00 AM »
Came home tonight to a scene of devastation  :sick: One of them had diarrhoea and been sick (just undigested food) all over the house - there were splashes of one or the other in nearly every room and even in their beloved blue play cube which was beyond saving :(

I also found a good sized furball and was wondering whether the furball might be related to the diarrhoea?  They are both perky, alert happy etc and acting completely normal. I'm leaning towards it being Riley as last time he had a tummy bug and had diarrhoea he was trying so hard not to go on the floor that he had diarrhoea in his tent and one of the beds.

Link to CatChat