Author Topic: Petition - 7th heaven under threat  (Read 6496 times)

Offline koscha (Ruth M)

• Hero Cat
  • Meowmy to Kelirehenna, Rincewind & Zeratul
Re: Petition - 7th heaven under threat
« Reply #8 on: November 14, 2008, 04:57:34 AM »
Signed...

heres my comment;
This is the type of officious, callous behaviour I regard as typical of the modern day Council. These people are offering a service that the council themselves have no intention of doing and the council react how? By acting like the petty burecrats we know they are- NIPS..SHAME ON YOU!

Heres a thought...how much would it cost to 'purchase' an animal sanctuary license for 7th Heaven? It might be a good idea to fundraise to cover the costs (yes I know it's not the point of the petition ultimatley, but thier good work should not be lost), and then if they win the case they have a nice nest- egg to help them with thier valuable work  ;D

Just a thought......

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: November 13, 2008, 12:51:34 PM »
Mark I copied your comment on to someone I know who works with 7th Heaven. Just heard today that they are still waiting to hear from the planning service and expect it to be a long affair.

Sorry, just saw this. Maybe they could speak to the media department at CP head office and get some ideas. I phoned them about the people that were threatened with an ASBO for putting missing cat posters up. Within 24hrs, it was in all  the papers and on the news. I admit the media are only really interested in stories with an "angle" but worth a try.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline bonnielass

• Super Cat
  • my missing babe Wizzy and beloved Snuggs & George
  • Slave to: Scamps/henry/cassie/mika/barney rubble /eddie//cookie monster/billybob/cheeks/jack/misty/Flirty bertie/alfie/polly pipsqueak and Kali
« Reply #6 on: November 12, 2008, 17:51:10 PM »
Signed
When a kittie becomes a memory, that memory becomes a treasure

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2008, 22:37:39 PM »
Mark I copied your comment on to someone I know who works with 7th Heaven. Just heard today that they are still waiting to hear from the planning service and expect it to be a long affair.

Offline sazkat2

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2008, 09:56:26 AM »
Signed  >:(

PLEASE GIVE A BLACK CAT A CHANCE LOTS ARE LEFT IN RESCUE JUST BECAUSE OF THEIR COLOUR.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: September 26, 2008, 16:27:30 PM »
Signed - I also put a comment in which isn't showing  :Crazy:

Thsi is the comment that should be there

"The reason places like this exist is because the government won't control breeding or help with any finances or facilities for animal rescue. They should at least be able to continue their selfless work at their own expense without any hindrance from local authorities!"
« Last Edit: September 26, 2008, 16:29:16 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2008, 21:24:31 PM »
Signed

Offline sixfurballs

• Senior Cat
  • Bronte, Dino, Huxley & Heidi
Petition - 7th heaven under threat
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2008, 09:48:06 AM »
7th Heaven is a wonderful organisation of people who foster cats in need of new homes, from their own homes, in Northern Ireland.

They are being threatened with court action by the Northern Ireland Planning Service who say they are running an animal sanctuary from their home. Its also a concern that this could be a back door way to limit the amount of pets any one person has in their home. The petition can be found at:

www.ipetitions.com/petition/7thheaven-animalrescue

and for more details about 7th Heaven and their work please see their website

http://www.7thheaven.org.uk/

Link to CatChat