Author Topic: amazon wish list and purrs shop? how it works?  (Read 7741 times)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
Re: amazon wish list and purrs shop? how it works?
« Reply #8 on: May 11, 2013, 13:08:02 PM »
That's great, thank you!

Offline sheilarose

• Royal Cat
  • Sly da sly - how do I love thee!
    • Cats Protection Chelmsford
  • Slave to: Sly, Theo, Ziggy, Basil, Fuzz & Dot and Rosie the Rescue dog
« Reply #7 on: May 11, 2013, 13:07:16 PM »
Go into Amazon via Easyfundraising.

You have to register with EF and then choose your charity (Covcats is there along with a few other Purrs favourite Charities!)

Shop as usual. Amazon then automatically donate a % of your purchase to your chosen charity without any cost to you. You can check your EF account after a few days to check the funds have been sent.

Good luck with the cat flap!

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #6 on: May 11, 2013, 11:46:35 AM »
Guys, I urgently need a new cat flap, having got home yesterday and found ours in pieces on the lounge floor! If I order via Amazon does this site get a donation? If so, how do I go about linking the order please?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 18, 2013, 13:09:16 PM »
I know I am being thick here, sorry

But why buy through amazon if its more expensive?

If you are ordering through other shops a) there's more faff as it may not let you send an order somewhere other than the billing address on the first order so you might not be able to order at all and b) the other shops will not have any details of CovCats delivery address. As CovCats doesn't have a centre (yet!) someone would need to supply their home address so any purchases would have to be pre-planned messaging Angie for the address to send it to.

If stuff on the Wishlist is sold direct from Amazon or Amazon market place sellers then all you do is log in to Amazon as normal, add to your basket then select the gift address for CovCats (which remains hidden so no issues about privacy) and Amazon send it direct to CovCats. The  Purrs shop does sell on Amazon so Angie could still add Purrs toys to the wishlist if she wanted but I think it's generally cheaper to buy direct from Purrs.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/browse.html?ie=UTF8&marketplaceID=A1F83G8C2ARO7P&me=A2PHNILGZ8UKLI
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 13:13:34 PM by Tiggy's Mum »

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2013, 12:06:02 PM »
I know I am being thick here, sorry

But why buy through amazon if its more expensive?

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2013, 09:43:26 AM »
OK Thanks! Will have a go this week.

It annoys me that amazon stuff is more expensive - thats and extra £1.50 for 4 pippettes of effipro!
Still not my money... but it still annoys me.... >:(
« Last Edit: February 18, 2013, 09:43:54 AM by Angie (covcats) »

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2013, 18:41:36 PM »
I just had a quick look and it looks like you've only added things that are NOT on Amazon? As far as I'm aware this will just take you to the normal website for that retailer eg the effipro link takes you to VetUK website, those external websites have no idea who CCG are or your address so people can only buy from them if they know where to send the stuff!

When I set up the Paws Inn one I chose only items actually on Amazon and mainly the stuff with free delivery (or cheap delivery!). You add your address on there and can choose for it to remain private so Amazon or the Amazon marketplace seller send the stuff direct to CCG and the donater doesn't see the address.

Eg search for effipro on Amazon itself and add that to your wishlist

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Effipro-Spot-On-Solution-Cats-pipettes/dp/B004IA2FKG/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1361126345&sr=8-1

If you add Amazon stuff to the list I'll treat the CovCats cats to a little something  :)

Offline Angiew

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Honorary Cat
amazon wish list and purrs shop? how it works?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2013, 18:12:39 PM »
Hi,

we've put together an amazon wish list and linked some on the items from the purrs shop. Does anyone know what happens to orders placed outside of amazon and if there is a way of linking the two?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/registry/wishlist/1H9RM4A2PBFQD/ref=cm_sw_r_fa_ws_Xn7frb0PQ4F3D

The wish list help says

When you or your friends and family browse your Wish List, they'll see non-Amazon items listed with a "Shop this store" button. If they decide to click the button to purchase the item, they'll be taken to the store where the item is listed - and the transaction will take place outside of Amazon.co.uk.

When you purchase an item from another website, the seller of the products on that site will charge your credit card, dispatch the product to you, and handle all customer issues. Note that Amazon will not share your delivery address or any personal information with that website. Amazon.co.uk has no control over your experience once you leave our website, and the A-to-z Guarantee does not apply to these orders.
« Last Edit: February 17, 2013, 18:13:14 PM by Angie (covcats) »

Link to CatChat