Author Topic: Pets at Home - 8kg of premium dry for just £15  (Read 2830 times)

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
Re: Pets at Home - 8kg of premium dry for just £15
« Reply #8 on: October 22, 2007, 09:26:32 AM »
Gwen... :evillaugh:

This sounds like a good offer - we need some more dry food actually - we got a 10kg sack for £20 from PAH a while back and that just kept going and going... finally got to the end of it now!

Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #7 on: October 20, 2007, 15:22:32 PM »
On the kitten food bag it says for 1 - 18 months, I think 18 months is probably a bit OTT so thought I'd start them on it at 12 months as a compromise.  The wet food they have isn't a specific kitten food (it says suitable for all life stages) and they eat 75% wet 25% dry so will stick to the kitten food for the time being.

If you started mixing it in gradually, the kitten food you have left while last a while anyway. I don't think there is a huge difference in makeup but you don't want to end up with dumpy teens  :evillaugh:

Funny you should say that Mark  :shify:  Lukey was getting a bit *ahem* dumpy, Riley is still string bean like (but filling out a little) even though they eat the same.  I cut down on the kitten milk on Lynn's advice and Lukey looks to have toned up a little, he was never fat or overweight but was on the heavy stocky side  :evillaugh:

Poor LuLu having a meowmy like you.fancy talking about the poor boys weight on a forum..  :hug: :hug: for Lukey
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2007, 21:13:34 PM »
On the kitten food bag it says for 1 - 18 months, I think 18 months is probably a bit OTT so thought I'd start them on it at 12 months as a compromise.  The wet food they have isn't a specific kitten food (it says suitable for all life stages) and they eat 75% wet 25% dry so will stick to the kitten food for the time being.

If you started mixing it in gradually, the kitten food you have left while last a while anyway. I don't think there is a huge difference in makeup but you don't want to end up with dumpy teens  :evillaugh:

Funny you should say that Mark  :shify:  Lukey was getting a bit *ahem* dumpy, Riley is still string bean like (but filling out a little) even though they eat the same.  I cut down on the kitten milk on Lynn's advice and Lukey looks to have toned up a little, he was never fat or overweight but was on the heavy stocky side  :evillaugh:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2007, 20:48:32 PM »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: October 18, 2007, 20:39:11 PM »
I actually would start making the transition soon Helen, I dont think kittens need adult food till they are 12 months, I think they only need it until they are neutered. Shame it is only on adult food, or I would have got some, but I need senior for my lot really.
Please spay your cat

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: October 18, 2007, 19:30:03 PM »
Thinking about it Mark that's not such a bad idea  :sneaky: They're 8 months old tomorrow, I'd like to keep them on kitten food until they're 12 months but I could buy the adult in preparation for their 1st Birthday.  Have plently of storage, lets just hope the offer is still on at the end of the month when I get paid.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2007, 19:13:35 PM »
I'd be tempted to wean them off kitten food Helen - you probably have a good few bags left in the larder anyway  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
Pets at Home - 8kg of premium dry for just £15
« Reply #1 on: October 16, 2007, 17:08:37 PM »
Pets at Home own brand dry complete food is on offer, normally £12.99 for a 4kg bag.  The current offer is 2 x 4kg bags for just £15. Bearing in mind JWB is £11 for a 2kg bag this is an absolute bargain  :wow:

If your cats have not tried it before they give away free samples of tiny bags or you can buy bigger bags for £1.50ish to see if they like it.  It's a really high quality food with similar ingredients to James Wellbeloved and a really high meat content.  Offer is until stocks last and is unfortunately only on the adult variety otherwise I would have cleared the shelves  :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat