Author Topic: Tescos  (Read 2415 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Tescos
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2008, 17:06:33 PM »
I'm feeding the kitten pouches which are appaerently 0.24% phosperous?

I'm not sure of the exact formula to work it out, but usually the phos figures are given for dry matter so for wet food which is usually around 80% water, the dry matter figure for a wet food that is 0.24% would be around 1% which is good.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2008, 11:31:58 AM »
Kitten pouches are complete, I checked yesterday cos I was curious. As MM says, complimentary foods are fine as long as they are fed with a complete dry. I didn't notice this in the Tesco I was in yesterday though (despite just being to PAH, I have to check the cat food aisle in any supermarket in case there are offers).
Please spay your cat

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2008, 16:10:59 PM »
Hi life do have some complete products, and if your feeding a complete dry along side your ok.  ;D

Offline CharlieFarley

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2008, 12:56:24 PM »
I'm feeding the kitten pouches which are appaerently 0.24% phosperous?

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2008, 09:53:39 AM »
I am very wary of hi-life pouches as apart from only being complementary, they have very high levels of Phosphorus. One of the flavours is over 6% which is really dangerous for older cats or any cats with kidney issues (bearing in mind regular catfood is 1 - 1.5%)
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline tigertail

• Adult Cat
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2008, 21:39:20 PM »
I wiah I had read that earlier today as I was in the area of my local Tesco store - it is a very long cycle ride away.  I feel I have to go there now.

Offline CharlieFarley

• Adult Cat
Tescos
« Reply #1 on: February 13, 2008, 16:05:10 PM »
Have Hi-Life pouches at £3.68 a box instead of £4.68

Link to CatChat