Author Topic: Bargain - dry food in Asda  (Read 2107 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Bargain - dry food in Asda
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2008, 22:09:19 PM »
I'm not a regular Asda shopper as it's on a retail park area about 7 miles away. Willow approves which is a good sign as she will only normally eat Hill's

There are a couple of different flavours but here's the ingredients for the one I got

Fish & Chicken (of which 50% salmon) rice, maize, poultry meat meal, fish meal, animal fat, egg powder, brewers yeast, maize gluten meal, barley, poultry digest, sugar beet pulp, sodium chloride, potassium chloride, methionine, citrus extract, yukka extract, rosemary extract.

methionine http://www.anyvitamins.com/methionine-info.htm
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 22:10:48 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2008, 20:57:57 PM »
Ooooh any idea how long thats for Mark? (rollback is quite long term isnt it?)

Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2008, 20:10:16 PM »
I have seen that before and thought it looked OK, but I had plenty in so have never tried it.
Please spay your cat

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2008, 20:02:15 PM »
They are called Tiger select. The ingredients are impressive. Also the kibbles are tiny. I gave Willow some but she didn't eat any. Maybe as she had just eaten some wet  :Crazy: - I had to get her Sheba beef as they didn't have any perfect fit wet in Asda  :tired:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Gwen

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2008, 19:17:59 PM »
oooooooo I buy my online shop from asda too but wasn't sure bout their tiger biscuits,you think they are good quality then?  I might try them after my big load of dry has gone (its bound to last til the spring)  :evillaugh:
Love me,love my animals.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Bargain - dry food in Asda
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2008, 17:25:07 PM »
1kg bags of dry Tiger own brand food £1.74  ;D (rollback from £3.49)

This is a premium food, high meat/fish content - the meat is "chicken meat meal", it also contains yukka, rosemary etc.

Even at full price it's good!

PS - going by the ingredients and the smell, it's Burns!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2008, 19:00:39 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat