Author Topic: ARGOS Half Price Offers  (Read 12824 times)

Offline smeagol

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Batfink, Marmite, Smeagol, Custard & Chugnut
Re: ARGOS Half Price Offers
« Reply #28 on: January 09, 2008, 20:50:27 PM »
I got one of the radiator beds the other days. I was concerned it wouldn't fit my single rads but its fine. The cats love it and its rarely vacant. Although we do have five and only one bed. We just don't have the exposed radiator space to fit another one, although I have plans to move some furniture to make space for another. We do have lots of other types of cat beds I might add. In fact they got a lovely natural wicker type one for TK Maxx for Christmas from my Mother. Its in the vague shape of the cats heat, complete with ears! :rofl: but its a natural colour so doesn't look horrendous. Its all closed in and snuggley with quite a small entrance so ideal for having some quite time away from the kitten!!!!
Clare and the furry hoard, Batfink, Marmite, Smeagol, Custard and Chugnut xxx

At my Mother's: Amber and co.

Not forgetting those passed: Hamish, Python, Monty, Carmen, Crystal, Salem, Abigail, Smokey, Pixie, Scampi, Squidly, Giblet, Rhubarb and Spider

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #27 on: January 09, 2008, 16:02:14 PM »
No, I got big huge thing but Xanthe will also be big huge cat!  :rofl: She shredded her little one that had survived 2 previous cats in 3 months flat!

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #26 on: January 08, 2008, 23:34:21 PM »
Lucy, do you mean the little one with dangly toys on it? That looks nice. :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline lucy

• Hero Cat
  • Xanthe
« Reply #25 on: December 30, 2007, 13:22:38 PM »
I got the cat tree for Xanthe yesterday - I'm not sure it will do her for ever but it is fine for now. She likes it!  :Luv2:

Offline smeagol

• Adult Cat
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2007, 22:30:27 PM »
Thanks for that Gill. I think I'll give it a go. My OH is very good at adapting things so I'm sure we can get it to work somehow. I just hope the cats will use it. We've got a couple of radiator huggers so its looking hopeful.

I had a look around argos and there are a few other goodies to be had.

Cat tree, although probably better suited to kittens as in the picture. I'm tempted for my little one but we do have one already so we'll have to see:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/zone/priceCutsZone/partNumber/8702458/C$PRICECUT/1/Trail/zone%3DpriceCutsZone.Price+Cuts%3EC%24cip%3D1500006333.Garden%2C%2BDIY%2Band%2Bleisure%3EC%24cip%3D1500006362.Petcare.htm

Nice bed that a couple or three cats could snuggle in:
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/zone/priceCutsZone/partNumber/8701411/C$PRICECUT/1/Trail/zone%3DpriceCutsZone.Price+Cuts%3EC%24cip%3D1500006333.Garden%2C%2BDIY%2Band%2Bleisure%3EC%24cip%3D1500006362.Petcare.htm

Not forgetting those passed: Hamish, Python, Monty, Carmen, Crystal, Salem, Abigail, Smokey, Pixie, Scampi, Squidly, Giblet, Rhubarb and Spider

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2007, 22:23:06 PM »
They look like they should work on doubles but are not quite big enough for mine, they worked fine on my one single .

However took it back cos nobody was interested in it.

You can always get one and if it doesnt work take it back and say it doesnt fit on your radiator, got my money back yesterday  ;D

Offline smeagol

• Adult Cat
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2007, 22:18:48 PM »
I think these only work if you have a double radiator. Mine are all single and the beds don't fit them. Maybe its a rural Wales thing Gill. I've not been in my house all that long so have just checked all my rads and they are all the single ones. Apart from the old fashioned style one we just fitted in the bathroom. Although I think that one would be too big.

Are the beds the adjustable ones - for the fitting that is? Could someone please give me the measurements of the fitting to see if it is small enough for my single rads or big enough for my old style one?

Thanks,
Clare

Offline JMC

• Adult Cat
  • Jinni - my bridge baby
« Reply #21 on: December 29, 2007, 17:28:10 PM »
Going to get a couple.  2 out of my 4 sleep on the dogs beds, huge duvet-type ones, and the dogs do not move them bless.   It would be good to give the dogs their beds back and the rad beds for the cats  :thanks:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: December 27, 2007, 19:06:33 PM »
My lot ignored it until they kept finding little piles of biscuits in it  :evillaugh: now simon is glued to it, even when the heating is off.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #19 on: December 27, 2007, 11:13:20 AM »
thanks...............nobody interested in it at all hear so its going back  ;D

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2007, 11:01:40 AM »
It just kind of hangs over the back of the rasiator Gill, but it is a bit awkward pulling the metal bits out and getting em to fit inside the material.

I have caught Bobby sitting in one of them once, but Buffy seems to like it lots! I'm glad I got them although one each seems a bit excessive now (but you could guarantee if I only got one they'd all fight over it!)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2007, 01:10:09 AM »
If you got a radiator bed, can you tell me how its supposed to fit?

I got one but nobody is interested but the back part doesnt seem to attach to anything!

Its going back when I go to Carmarthen.

Offline LOONEY

• Adult Cat
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2007, 18:12:06 PM »

Brilliant, thanks for that, have reserved one for tomorrow as my 4 queue up for the one i bought last month xx

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
  • Slave to: Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Wizzles
« Reply #15 on: December 22, 2007, 01:39:55 AM »
Simulated cosy fur cover it says in the catalogue.

:rofl: makes it sound like a Virtual cat bed - I did notice the husky fur description on the packet but I think it is just to let you know what kind of material to expect maybe?

I got 3 of the last four in the store today :evillaugh: there is another Stockport Argos near a PAH and not surprisingly, other cat lovers had cleared that one  :rofl:
The Argos had the Nintendo Wii in stock too, I was so tempted!  :sneaky:
« Last Edit: December 22, 2007, 01:40:44 AM by Cheesecat (Dawn) »
Cheese, Gerti, Doc and Kitty Von Bizmark (Wizzles) ^Lucas^(??/97 - 21/11/07)
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: December 21, 2007, 17:14:22 PM »
Simulated cosy fur cover it says in the catalogue. I got one today cos simon loves his zooplus one, which wont last long as he keeps paddling in it  :evillaugh:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #13 on: December 21, 2007, 12:58:38 PM »
The two I reserved for Thursday pick up are now re-reserved for today  ;) hope my babies will use them now!
To think I might not see those eyes, makes it so hard not to cry, and as we say our long goodbyes, I nearly do.

Offline Schmew

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #12 on: December 20, 2007, 17:42:48 PM »
Thanks for pointing these out - mine have so far been deprived of these beds but seeing how they are constantly hugging the radiators recently, I thought I'd treat them! Managed to get the last 3 in stock today - phew! One each for my two, and one for the new foster arriving tonight!

I was a little worried when the packets said 'husky fur', however I'm assuming they're not really made of husky!

They wil be opened for use shortly....I hope they like them and know what to do with them..

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: December 20, 2007, 11:21:53 AM »
I really wanted another radiator bed - two of mine have decided they love the one we've got. (After ignoring it for months, obviously!) Will see how many pennies I have left when I get paid.

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #10 on: December 19, 2007, 23:24:24 PM »
hmmmmmmmmm a certain 2008 auction perhaps??  :evillaugh:

Gerti is here now sitting on my arms as if to say "how dare you tell them all I bent the radiator?" Or maybe thats what she means but it is coming out like purrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr  :Luv:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: December 19, 2007, 23:11:32 PM »
Oh well if it no good for my radiators I guess you know where you will see it again  :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #8 on: December 19, 2007, 22:31:59 PM »
Gerti is a little "plump"  :innocent: but not tooooooooo bad - I think its just because of the way we had to position the bed on the radiator because our radiators are quite bulky - so the bed doesnt hook over the whole thing, we have to hook it into the slotty bits inside the radiator (hope that makes sense!)

Its a different design to this one though, so I am hoping this one will fit over the whole thing  :shy: I think our radiators are just old-style.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: December 19, 2007, 22:23:10 PM »
Bent the radiator!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You got me worried now , I mean Sasa is a very heavy cat.

Offline Cheesecat

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #6 on: December 19, 2007, 22:19:47 PM »
Gerti's current radiator bed has bent the radiator  :innocent:

I have put two of these on reserve to collect tomorrow evening - one for Lucas' room and I am sure the other one will be used by Cheese or Doc who don't get a look in at the moment  :rofl:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 19, 2007, 14:12:51 PM »
Tilly used to love hers (in a cat way, you know for about six months) for like you say at that price it's worth a go

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: December 19, 2007, 14:11:16 PM »
We were wondering if Willow would use one as she keeps sitting on top of the radiator. At that price, it's worth a try  ;D
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn (DiddyDawn)

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2007, 12:27:32 PM »
Swines, I bought one of these about a week and half ago as well at full price  :tired:  I think I will treat them to a couple more now  :naughty:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2007, 12:25:17 PM »
Thank you and have just ordered a radiator bed, hope it will take Miss Sasas weight  :rofl: :rofl:

Offline bluecat

• Senior Cat
  • m
ARGOS Half Price Offers
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2007, 12:19:46 PM »
Cat Radiator bed £ 4.49
http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8704951/Trail/C%24cip%3D1500006333.Garden%2C%2BDIY%2Band%2Bleisure%3EC%24cip%3D1500006362.Petcare.htm

Cat starter kits 12.49 includes
Set includes plastic pet carrier, plastic cat litter tray with scoop, sturdy scratching post, twin cat feeder and cosy fleece and faux fur bed.

Size of carrier (H)29, (W)33, (D)48cm.

Size of post (H)41.5, (W)25, (D)25cm.

Size of bed (H)15, (W)45, (D)40cm.

Bed is machine washable at 30° C.

http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Product/partNumber/8700704/Trail/C%24cip%3D1500006333.Garden%2C%2BDIY%2Band%2Bleisure%3EC%24cip%3D1500006362.Petcare%3EC%24cip%3D1500006369.Scratching%2Bposts%2Band%2Bcat%2Baccessories.htm

« Last Edit: December 19, 2007, 12:20:40 PM by bluecat »

Link to CatChat