Author Topic: Relocating the litter tray successfully?  (Read 1321 times)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Relocating the litter tray successfully?
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2009, 00:54:14 AM »
I would run with Bazs idea and its what I do if mine have to stay in one room for a reason

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2009, 00:35:29 AM »
I'd be tempted to move it from time to time just to get him used to looking for it

if you stick to the same two or three locations he'll soon cotton on
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2009, 23:47:20 PM »
If he is gonna be locked in there I cant see the prob of putting the tray in there with him!  ;) Then move it back when he is allowed out!  :hug:

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
Relocating the litter tray successfully?
« Reply #1 on: December 06, 2009, 23:41:24 PM »
The reason I ask is today we were doing some DIY which meant Noah's litter tray had to move into the bedroom which was the only quiet place. As I live in a flat the bedroom is next door to the front room and Noah was already relaxing in there; he sniffed the tray so I knew he had spotted it. Later I could tell by his behaviour he wanted to 'go', and eventually kept sniffing the space where the tray had previously been.  :'( After a few hours I moved the tray back and it was used pretty quickly.

Obviously it isn't ideal for the tray to be relocated all of a sudden, but sometimes there is no way around it - Noah will have to be shut in the bedroom when, say, I have my immersion heater serviced as I can't risk him escaping!! Is the best/ only way to move the tray to have a second tray? I don't mind at all having another in the hall but don't really want poo's in the bedroom on a regular basis! :sick: Equally I don't want Noah holding on or having an accident as that is distressing for him.
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Link to CatChat