Author Topic: Free Cat Food Anyone?  (Read 3650 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Free Cat Food Anyone?
« Reply #15 on: December 11, 2008, 20:06:10 PM »
Sorry I didn't get back to you Cat. I have been busy revising for exams which I had this morning and struggling to keep up with day to day stuff -   and have to be in Margate at 7am tomorrow for an op  which will leave me out of action for 2 weeks (and I can't lift anything for 6 weeks) - any way, glad BC is taking it.
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Catbird

« Reply #14 on: December 11, 2008, 18:40:24 PM »
Debs - PM replied to - I have to go now but will hopefully check back on Saturday, should you need anything else.

Cath.

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #13 on: December 11, 2008, 18:30:36 PM »
Thanks so much! I've PM'd you about time and address details as I can't find them. Hopefully I'll get to meet Dot this time too :D See you in a couple of weeks

Catbird

« Reply #12 on: December 11, 2008, 18:13:44 PM »
Debs, it's all yours. Blackcat has PMed to say that she can't use it at present (no car).  Do you still have my contact details?  If not, PM me.  I can't always get to the phone before it cuts to voicemail, so if no answer, please leave a message and I will call you back.

Thanks.

C.

Catbird

« Reply #11 on: December 11, 2008, 17:43:58 PM »
I hope Dot is looking after you 

Ha!! Fat chance!

I have PMed someone else who might be interested as well.  I didn't come straight to you because, frankly, I didn't think you would want to flog back round t'motorway after the nightmare journey last time.  I am being dragged back into Guys tomorrow and prolly won't get back online until Saturday, so I will see if she's replied by then.  Otherwise, it's all yours!  And you can combine its collection with pre-Christmas trip to Bluewater - AAARRRRGGGGHHHH!!!

C.

Offline Debsymiller (Rufus' mum)

• Cat Rescue
  • Hero Cat
  • RIP Layla and Rufus- love you forever xxx
    • East Surrey Cats Protection
« Reply #10 on: December 11, 2008, 17:33:49 PM »
Hi Cath, sorry to hear that you are poorly- I hope Dot is looking after you  :hug: If you can hang on to it for a couple of weeks until I am on school hols, I would like it please. It is a little way out but worth it for my bubbas as they is big piggywinkles and will be very happy at a lovely big bag of food! If you are desperate to get rid of it this week though then I totally understand :)

Well wishes, Debs and the boys x

Catbird

« Reply #9 on: December 11, 2008, 17:14:17 PM »
ooops - yet another "blonde" moment - sorry

Unfortunately you are miles away from me - could you contact Zoo Plus to see if they will take it back for you (I know they can collect) you could ask them for a credit note and buy Dot something she likes.

I did think about that at the time but (and this is really, honestly true!) I thought that I could do a rescuer or a cattery a favour with it.  I read far more than I post on here and I am conscious of the huge effort that people go to for cats, while I do nothing.  I know this sounds God awful Bono-ish slush but it was what I was aiming for.  I gave away something else to a rescue member a while ago and (and this IS annoying) I would have given her the food as well but I still thought that the rescue I had spoken to was going to come back to me!

Sharon has told me that Blackcat's local, so I will PM her.

C.

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #8 on: December 11, 2008, 16:54:30 PM »
ooops - yet another "blonde" moment - sorry

Unfortunately you are miles away from me - could you contact Zoo Plus to see if they will take it back for you (I know they can collect) you could ask them for a credit note and buy Dot something she likes.
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Catbird

« Reply #7 on: December 11, 2008, 16:22:42 PM »
Where in the UK are you ? If you are anywhere near me I will gladly take it

Rochester, as per my first message.

Catbird

« Reply #6 on: December 11, 2008, 16:20:04 PM »
Umm Rochester isnt far from Canterbury but again i want ...be able to pick it up.. I wonder if anyone ls closer, have you tried Celia Hammond are they not right in Rochester? Do none of  your local vets have a food bins you can use to donate it too..

I can't walk, I'm in intractable pain and I don't have a car and frankly, I am tired of trying to contact people who can't even manage basic civility.  So no, I'm not really inclined to start racking up my phone bill.  It's here for whoever wants to pick it up.  That's it.

C.

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2008, 16:10:07 PM »
Umm Rochester isnt far from Canterbury but again i want ...be able to pick it up.. I wonder if anyone ls closer, have you tried Celia Hammond are they not right in Rochester? Do none of  your local vets have a food bins you can use to donate it too..
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2008, 15:11:28 PM »
Where in the UK are you ? If you are anywhere near me I will gladly take it
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2008, 15:06:25 PM »
Tis the same as me, I have an opened tub of puppy powder and no rescue got back in touch with me after I phoned them, he ho  :tired:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2008, 14:56:18 PM »
I'm nowhere near or I'd take it! Hope someones close enough to make use of it. (And I agree, a quick phone call is only polite. :))

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Catbird

Free Cat Food Anyone?
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2008, 14:03:01 PM »
I have an unopened 7kg bag of Origen going spare.  It's in date until August 09.  I have offered it to my local rescue but despite leaving a number of messages they have not bothered to call me back.  I have also offered it by PM to a member of this site who is involved in rescue but again, no answer.  Personally, I think this is simply rude but there we are.  As my recent foot op did not go as planned, I cannot walk at present and cannot therefore post the bag, so if anyone wants it, they will need to come to Rochester to get it.  If no-one shouts within a week, it's going in the bin, which is a shame as there is absolutely nothing wrong with it (belatedly discovered from a trial pack that it doesn't agree with Dot).

C.

Link to CatChat