Author Topic: PAH dry (the premium stuff) BOGOF £8.99  (Read 5053 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: PAH dry (the premium stuff) BOGOF £8.99
« Reply #26 on: August 27, 2008, 21:18:32 PM »
Hannikat if you leave the dry down (on its own no wet mixed in) they can eat it if they get hungry, theres other reasonable quality dry foods around you could try, james wellbeloved, royal canin, pro plan, joe & jills, nutro... Lots of these companies offer samples  ;)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #25 on: August 26, 2008, 18:59:06 PM »
I think think the cat superfoods are the dry ones. Even the best wet foods never have psyllium, glucosamine etc in. I have more or less resigned myself the them eating felix with Orijen sprinkles  :evillaugh:

I have diffeent foods for all of them but they will always eat whatever they like. This afternoon, after finishing a pouch of whiskas senior, clapton went and cleared Willow's dish of RC Active cat  :Crazy: - then went back to bed  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #24 on: August 26, 2008, 15:29:32 PM »
I might give it a try again, they probably won't thank me but....

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #23 on: August 26, 2008, 15:26:43 PM »
they sell it where I get my crumb, it didn't go down well at home but it was about 90p per carton so I didn't try too hard! for 20p I might try a bit harder as I would prefer a bit more meat in the diet

It works out to about 20p per 'pouch' not carton - the cartons hold almost the equivalent of 4 pouches which is what most people deal in when it comes to wet food.  It's still loads cheaper then Natures menu etc and cheaper then Felix/Whiskas too. The equivalent of 12 pouches (3 cartons), which is the size multipacks you'd buy normal cat food in, is less than £2.  It has a really high meat content and I guess most importantly the boys love it, I get clean bowls every day  ;D

They have just put the prices up of the 18 packs so it will be a bit more than the workings out above but they've started doing a 24 pack which still works out to less than £2 for the equivalent of a 12 pack.

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #22 on: August 26, 2008, 15:17:55 PM »
they sell it where I get my crumb, it didn't go down well at home but it was about 90p per carton so I didn't try too hard! for 20p I might try a bit harder as I would prefer a bit more meat in the diet

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #21 on: August 26, 2008, 15:15:33 PM »
Yep, kind of like an orange juice carton but smaller.  Think I have converted my pet sitter to it aswell, when she looked after the boys for the weekend she asked me where I got it from so I gave her a couple of cartons to try.  She also asked where I got the chick crumb from as she was convinced it was Worlds Best until I told her about the crumb!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #20 on: August 26, 2008, 15:02:05 PM »
is it the little tetra type packs Helen?

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #19 on: August 26, 2008, 14:54:43 PM »
I've seen this thread and have made a note that next time I make a zoo plus order I'll try some. I heard it has a high meat content so hopefully that a sign its not tooo bad for them lol

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #18 on: August 26, 2008, 14:51:51 PM »
lol the only reason for the dry is because it gave the impression it had all the goodness they needed where as I'm yet to find a reasonably priced wet food that hasn't got any nasty things in it lol

The boys have half wet and half dry, I used to feed them Natures menu wet but it does get quite expensive with the amount they eat.  I now feed them Bozita (90% meat content) for breakfast and dinner and they love it - I get it from Zooplus and it's so economical it works out to less than 20p per 'pouch', it's actually in cartons which are equivalent to almost 4 pouches. 

There was a thread the other day where someone else has just started their kittens on it, it's suitable for all life stages apparently.  I'm going to have to stop recommending it soon as don't want Zooplus to run out  :evillaugh:

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,16689.msg285615.html#msg285615

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #17 on: August 26, 2008, 14:25:27 PM »
I suppose it's like children. Desparately trying to hide health food inbetween the junk  :evillaugh:

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: August 26, 2008, 14:19:34 PM »
I know what you mean but I have come to the conclusion that you can buy the best food ever but if they don't eat it you're wasting your time - believe me I've tried nearly every food under the sun but felix as good as it looks (Tilly and Oscar) and Whiskas oh so fishy (Amber) have never been beaten!  Tilly will eat applaws and almo nature but not for more than one meal and the others just look at me like I'm nuts

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #15 on: August 26, 2008, 14:16:36 PM »
lol the only reason for the dry is because it gave the impression it had all the goodness they needed where as I'm yet to find a reasonably priced wet food that hasn't got any nasty things in it lol

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2008, 14:13:50 PM »
I read on here somewhere (I think it was Gillian that said it) that as soon as it gets wet it starts breeding bacteria - if it was me I just wouldn't bother with the dry of my four two eat both one only eats dry and one only eats wet, I'm past trying to persuade them though in the end they always do what they want!

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2008, 14:11:09 PM »
Not really. It started off because they were being feed on whiskars dry at the rescue centre. I'd been told whiskars wasn't particularly great and was recommened the PAH kitten complete one. However they didn't seem to like it as much as the whiskars and I'd since learned that and all dry diet wasn't great for them so I added half a whiskars pouch each time.

I then realised that although they were getting all the goodness they need from the pah dry They were getting nothing great from the whiskars pouch so I tried Hi Life instead.

I'm now at the stage where they are on dry with half a hilife kitten pouch each meal. its starting to get expensive  :Crazy:.

Since they are getting the goodness from the dry could I add a little adult wet mixed in, or what that counter act my work with the dry lol. I thought about mixing some kitten milk in with it but didn't know if this would just create one big mess lol

So confusing!!!

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2008, 14:02:50 PM »
is there a particular reason you want them to eat dry??

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2008, 12:45:04 PM »
Well mine currently HATE the kitten complete dry. I have to mix it in with some wet just to get them to consider it (I get whined at and look at with COMPLETE disgust if I run out of wet  :tired:). The wet I use isn't very good quality as I cant afford the expensive dry AND expensive wet just to get them to eat it. Any suggestions on what else i could mix with it instead to make it more interesting?

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2008, 11:02:39 AM »
Luckily for me the boys still love it, even though they free feed on biccies (wet for breakfast and dinner) they're not fat and are so soft, shiny and healthy  :) I've decided against getting some this time round as I still have 3 x 4kg sacks.  I don't get paid til Friday by which time the offer will have ended so I've had my mind made up for me really  :innocent:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #9 on: August 26, 2008, 07:20:13 AM »
 :tired:

Last year, the hedgies happily ate the PAH food so I got them 2 bags.
They won't touch it so I had to go back to the RC outdoor cat - for cats 10+ which they cleared  :Crazy:

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2008, 15:23:32 PM »
Also got some RC BOGOF  :)

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2008, 09:34:56 AM »
I am off on a PAH run today. OH has to do some work so my day out is shopping  :cheer: I think  :-:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2008, 20:35:34 PM »
If your lucky they will cancel half your order without a courtesy message  >:(

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2008, 12:35:29 PM »
its online as well!!! yippe now all I need to do is spend 50 quid and they will deliver for free!!! lol

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2008, 12:19:04 PM »
Not sure, it was an email from PAH so haven't been there yet.  The email says 'on all varieties' but if you're making a special journey and/or hiring a van to lug tons of the stuff home then might be worth ringing your local store to see if it is  :evillaugh:

Edit:

The website has the kitten, adult, light and senior all on BOGOF for the 2kg variety so would imagine it's the same instore.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2008, 12:22:24 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Offline Hannikat

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2008, 12:14:47 PM »
WOOHOO!!! IVE BEEN WAITING AN AGE FOR THIS!.......wait.....it does include the kitten stuff as well yes?

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2008, 12:07:19 PM »
Thanks Helen - the hedgies love this  :evillaugh:

Hopefully anyone thinking of switching from other well known poor quality brands will see this  :)

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
PAH dry (the premium stuff) BOGOF £8.99
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2008, 12:03:42 PM »
Instore... 22nd Aug - 28th Aug at 9am

PAH dry 2kg is BOGOF so £8.99 for 4kg.  I have 3 sacks of 4kg left over from the last offer but something tells me I won't be able to resist getting some more  :evillaugh:

Link to CatChat