Author Topic: PAH offers 30/4/08  (Read 3930 times)

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
Re: PAH offers 30/4/08
« Reply #17 on: May 19, 2008, 14:21:18 PM »
I went to PAH today and the 4kg bags were on offer, 2 bags for £20, which sounded a lot, but if I do the maths = 8kgs @ £20 is £2.50 per kilo.
I got one of each, chicken and salmon, and noticed the Salmon variety also has chicken in it, so should be a pretty safe bet. The Judge is yet to try it out though...

Judge Jameson adores this food, which I'm very pleased about.
Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #16 on: May 03, 2008, 10:48:02 AM »
You beat me to it MM!! I personally dont rate Hills R/D, it did nothing for Tom. Senior food was the best for him, and mainly wet food. In fact, Lucy lost more weight on Senior food too (as did the girls).
Please spay your cat

Offline Maddiesmum

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: May 03, 2008, 10:44:44 AM »
They also have Whiskas Temptations treats at 3 for £2.50

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #14 on: May 02, 2008, 10:17:09 AM »
Sorry - it's M/D - for obesity and Diabetes  :-[
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 02, 2008, 10:05:50 AM »
K/d has changed? Was always for kidney probs. K is near M on the keyboard so maybe thats a typo for m/d   ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #12 on: May 02, 2008, 09:46:51 AM »
The Hill's Kylie has been on are r/d (obesity diet with super high fibre = her poo looks like a dog did it and it stinks  :evillaugh:) and lately k/d (obesity diet with extra ingredient to speed up metabolism) - they are both much lower in fat/calories that PAH light. I did try Kylie on it for a while but she isn't too keen on it.

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #11 on: May 01, 2008, 20:19:17 PM »
Their offers are quite good, but I am going to stick with JWB - I can vouch for PAH's returns, they took back the bags I had bought in OCtober, and give me £12.99 back per bag, even though one was open and part used (I am sure I paid £13.99 - but as it was for two bags, and they refunded me for each bag, I wasn't goig to complain - I was also pleased at getting money in my hand to - even more so when I checked the receipt, they missed 3 things off it, and I am sure one of the things I bought had a higher shelf price) - my only problem about trying the other flavours there is that it is so far to go back and swap it, I only get that way once a month.
Mark, PAH do a light food - when Molly gets off my knee, I shall get the bag and check it. JWB also do a Senior/Light food, so you might not need to use Hills.
Please spay your cat

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 01, 2008, 20:10:00 PM »
I went to PAH today and the 4kg bags were on offer, 2 bags for £20, which sounded a lot, but if I do the maths = 8kgs @ £20 is £2.50 per kilo.
I got one of each, chicken and salmon, and noticed the Salmon variety also has chicken in it, so should be a pretty safe bet. The Judge is yet to try it out though...

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2008, 12:04:28 PM »
Thanks Helen - I think you've become my cat food guru lately!!  :)
Jameson didn't mind the JWB White Fish variety, so I might give Salmon a go. Also the Lamb.

And isn't is just so brilliant that you can swap the food if he doesn't like it. That's a good guarantee for our picky kittys.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2008, 11:04:16 AM »
Has anyone tried any other PAH flavours than chicken?

Me again  :evillaugh:  They seem to do different flavours in different sizes, the 4kg ones are only chicken or salmon.  Lucas HATES real fish and won't even lick a prawn but he hoovers up the salmon flavour PAH like he's never been fed, chicken is popular too.  They also do tuna in the 2kg size which was gobbled up, haven't tried the lamb version yet.  Remember though that they have a 100% guarantee on them so if Jameson doesn't like a particular flavour you can take it back for a full refund or swap it for a flavour he does like.

Offline tigerbaby

• Super Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 01, 2008, 10:57:39 AM »
I want to stock up on the PAH's own dry food - Jameson absolutely loved it. We got a free sample of the chicken variety and it went down a storm. He seemed to prefer it to JWB.
Might pop in there later on today.

Has anyone tried any other PAH flavours than chicken?

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 01, 2008, 10:39:35 AM »
The one I'm talking about is dry, I think dry food does tend to work out cheaper than wet

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 01, 2008, 10:37:19 AM »
Is this dry food? If so, we don't use much of it. (Unfortunately, sounds a good deal.)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 01, 2008, 09:15:18 AM »
SOLD!

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #3 on: May 01, 2008, 09:14:28 AM »
Looking at the ingredients, it looks like PAH is better than Hills. It's Only because I need obesity diets etc that I buy Hill's. I do think Hills regular and even the light is too fattening. Kylie was on Hills light for about 4 years and her weight increased. I thinks Helens boys are a good ad for cats fed on PAH own. I think their budget one is rubbish though.

PAH total chicken content is 40%

btw - PAH own is still on offer  2 x 2kg bags for £12
                                           2 x 4kg bags for £20

This isn't the best offer they do. I'm sure at the end of May it will be BOGOF  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: May 01, 2008, 09:46:13 AM by Mark »

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 01, 2008, 08:58:25 AM »
thanks for that Mark, I was thinking of going today at lunchtime - still can't decide if I should keep going with the pah own brand or go back to hills

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
PAH offers 30/4/08
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 18:45:18 PM »
It was a flying visit so didn't see everything.

JWB 2kg bags - 3 for 2
Gourmet Perle £4.69 3 for 2
Felix 2 x 24 for £10
Catsan 20L bags - buy 2 and get £2.50 off
Sheba Essence pouches x 12 Introductory offer - £4 from £4.99
Hill's Nature's best - BOGOHP
Proplan 2kg bags - £1.50 off

Link to CatChat