Author Topic: Getting kittens from different litters?  (Read 2330 times)

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
Re: Getting kittens from different litters?
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2007, 14:56:32 PM »
Yes they are the ragdoll cross ones. I just don't want to feel like I'm getting one I'm not smitten with just for the sake of it, and just because they are ragdoll cross, (ragdolls are what I was originally looking at before deciding that keeping an indoor cat would be impractical for us). I've rung round a couple of people I've seen kittens advertised with and am hopefully going to see one tonight. I suppose there is no harm in looking at a few others and see how I feel. But like you say I can't see a huge problem introducing them at the same time.

E

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Getting kittens from different litters?
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2007, 14:13:24 PM »
Are those the ragdoll cross kittens?
How old will it be when you get it ? Kittens tend to get on with most other kittens, a bit of hissing and fluffy tails and then they get on with it  ;D

Sometimes boys can be a bit rough so i would match up by size and character. One of my boys was a thug and jumped on anything that moved and the other was polite so the girls prefered him  :Luv:

Offline em1209

• Distinguished Cat
Getting kittens from different litters?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2007, 14:03:33 PM »
Hi Everyone,

The babies I was looking at getting, the lady's daughter now wants the one that I fell in love with   >:(   :censored:   :(

There is another one in the litter that I was keen on, but the other 2, I just didn't fall absolutely in love with. I know that sounds really mean, but I don't want to feel I have to get them. So my main question is, would there be a major problem getting 2 kitties from different litters, I would try to get them both at the same time so they are both new together. Or should I try to get one first and then introduce another at a later date?

Thanks for any advice and help you may have .......   :)
Emma

Link to CatChat