Author Topic: ½ price Vaccinations for Cats & Dogs in Birmingham  (Read 5811 times)

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: ½ price Vaccinations for Cats & Dogs in Birmingham
« Reply #3 on: May 21, 2009, 12:39:49 PM »
my Oscar seems to qualify for the cheap vaccinations - he is only done every 3 years to keep his enteritis up to date as he gets ill with them and my vet is on the scheme - I'll ask them when I take star back next week

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
Re: ½ price Vaccinations for Cats & Dogs in Birmingham
« Reply #2 on: May 21, 2009, 11:20:52 AM »
Just to remind everyone it is National Vaccination month in June.  The link below provides a voucher worth up to £30 for pets that have not been vaccinated in last 18 months for participating vets.  It is not restricted to those on benefits and is national.  I think someone posted a link a few weeks ago but I can't find it.  Whilst I imagine most purrs people will have their puds vaccinated, I'm sure we all know some people who do not and it might be worth mentioning?  I will be using one to start my mom's cat on the vaccination road  :-[

http://www.vaccinationmonth.co.uk/

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
½ price Vaccinations for Cats & Dogs in Birmingham
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2007, 16:41:30 PM »
The RSPCA Birmingham Animal Hospital is offering half-price vaccinations for cats and dogs throughout May to Birmingham residents on state benefits.

Harry (pictured) is a healthy and playful little kitten, that is currently in the care of the RSPCA Birmingham Animal Hospital. He was brought in when he was only three weeks old with his mother, who had been hit by a car. Sadly Harry's mother did not survive leaving the kitten orphaned and reliant on human help.

Vital vaccinations
Soon after his arrival at the hospital Harry was vaccinated, as this was vital for his future health, and hand-reared by a vet nurse at the hospital. The nurse has become so attached to Harry that she is keeping him as a pet.

Saving lives
Speaking about the importance of vaccination, Birmingham Animal Hospital director, Christopher Shorrock said: "Put simply, vaccination saves lives and cats and dogs must be vaccinated on a yearly basis to prevent them falling prey to deadly disease."

"There are always large numbers of cats which come into the hospital with flu and kittens are at the greatest risk because if they contract the disease they are unlikely to survive."

Half-price jabs
Anyone who is in receipt of state benefit living within most B and D postcodes of Birmingham will be able to get their cat or dog vaccinated for half price during May. To arrange an appointment please contact RSPCA Birmingham Animal Hospital on: 0870 908 5310.

If you do not live in this area but are keen to get your pet vaccinated, contact your local RSPCA to find out more.

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Link to CatChat