Author Topic: How many leaflets should i post to find missing mister  (Read 1398 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: How many leaflets should i post to find missing mister
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2010, 20:08:45 PM »
Sorry Mister is still missing.  I would post leaflets through every door on your street and the adjoinging streets either side.

A good tip is to look at your street on an A-Z (or google maps) and see which streets adjoin yours .... you need to think like a cat ... remember what might seem like a "long way away from your house for a human might only be over a couple of fences or under a hedge or 2 for a cat.

Most cats have a territory about 10 housesin each direction from home so I would concentrate on that sort of area first then work out a bit wider from that (hope that makes sense).

The further away from home you go it's better to put up posters .
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Karon

• Adult Cat
Re: How many leaflets should i post to find missing mister
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2010, 20:06:58 PM »
Depends on the cat (Baldrick wouldn't have gone far unless he was in a car when he went missing) but I'd probably go for a good mile radius if possible, if Mister tends to wander.  I spent hours looking in the fields behind us, walked miles just in case - IMO better to do too many than too few. 

I know it's hard but try not to get too disheartened by a lack of response - I nearly died of shock when I had a phone call from someone when Balders was missing but it turned out she was just phoning up to say she hoped he turned up soon.  Which was lovely of her, but I'd rather have had a call to say she'd seen him. 

Have you put posters up all around?  It's worth putting up posters a long way afield.

Good luck, I hope he'll be home soon.  xx

Offline zenagarfield

• Adult Cat
How many leaflets should i post to find missing mister
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2010, 18:36:36 PM »
Hi All, i am on a second mission this weekend to post some more leaflets in hope that we will get some response to find our little boy Mister, we posted 100 through letter boxes in the local neighbourhood last week but i am now wondering how far/how many we should do next as we have not had much response??

:Z: :E: :N: :A:
MISSING MISTER - BLACKBURN LANCASHIRE AREA
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,33261.0.html

Link to CatChat