Author Topic: Jasper - update  (Read 1166 times)

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
Re: Jasper - update
« Reply #3 on: June 06, 2009, 03:08:41 AM »
Glad he got neutered and all is fine on that front....I hope now you dont feel too bad re capturing him as by the sound of it he was indeed a poorly cat that needed your assistance!  :Luv: :hug:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
Re: Jasper - update
« Reply #2 on: June 06, 2009, 01:19:58 AM »
Hope that Jasper gets over all his problems and that maybe he will come round to let you help him  :hug:

Dark Moon

Jasper - update
« Reply #1 on: June 05, 2009, 23:28:38 PM »
Well, he's home. Not at all happy, but home. Have him sequestered in an upstairs bedroom, where he'll stay until Tuesday anyway.

Turns out he lacks manners. Although he never tried to hurt me (but then I never tried to do anything other than stroke his head) he bit the vet techs - twice - when they tried to get him out of his carrier. Sigh.....

But it was a good thing I took him. Turns out he has multiple bites, and a fair infection, on both of his forelegs. No vaccinations for him today as a result. But he did get an antibiotic shot. There is no way I will be able to catch him - let alone give him drugs - so they gave him a long acting antibiotic. And was de-wormed. And treated for ear mites. And, of course, neutered. He'll get his vaccinations if I ever manage to get him to trust me enough to get us back to the vet. But anyway, I am glad I took him today as he was apparently a fairly sick boy!

Anyway, just wanted to update you all. I am away tomorrow and Monday so I think it best that he stays in 'his' room until Tuesday. That'll be plenty soon enough for him to 'meet' the family (all of whom know he's here - and they're not happy about it either! Have a house full of unhappy cats tonight.)

Link to CatChat