Cat General > Our cats stories

From 2 to 3 again

<< < (2/8) > >>

girlinleeds:
So dd is teaching gus to sit, he's actually doing reasonably well and at least half the time she tells him to sit he does. He also let's her pick him up and carry him, something he won't tolerate from me and dh.
Gus has started to be a bit of a monkey, trying to take food of us but I keep saying he is only young and we don't know his background so patience and a firm no/moving him away and we'll get there. He's bonded with dh really well as he was off work with him for a while, so gus sulks abit until he comes home and then cheers up again. The other day gus decided to clean jess and I must admit it didn't go down well, she barely tolerated Bella cleaning her so no way is she letting her little brother give her a lick.

Sue P (Paddysmum):
 ;D ;D  See?  What a difference love brings to the table.   :Luv:

girlinleeds:
Gus bus is now demanding under chin tickles, can't explain how happy that makes me, he must trust us. We were told he disliked being touched round his jaw after his accident. He's really settled in so well,  his confidence is growing as he's starting to be quite cheeky now, he is really starting to love a good cuddle up on the sofa on a night though  :Luv:

Sue P (Paddysmum):

--- Quote ---      After all the shall we shan't we get him I'm so pleased we did, nobody could ever replace Bella but he'll be loved just as much           
--- End quote ---

Absolutely. 

Gus needed a home, and you didn't know it, but you needed a Gus.  Purrfick!!   ;D  Sounds like he's settling really well.  bet they'll all be glad to see your daughter though.   :) :)

girlinleeds:
So there now fully introduced and apart from the old hiss things are going well. Gus bus (that's what dd calls him, Harris is haribo and jess Jessiebean) now comes and sits on the sofa on a night as well as napping in his new dog bed,  the cat ones are to small!!  Although gus is still very vocal, less then he was and I'm wondering if it's because he's settling and doesn't need constant reassurance we're still here. He happily comes to you for lots of strokes and even enjoys tickles under his chin, which we were told he disliked (he makes you stroke there by moving his head we haven't forced him). Dd is away on residential trip and the three of them are abit lost,  keep wondering around looking for her, but she's back today so they'll be happy.  After all the shall we shan't we get him I'm so pleased we did, nobody could ever replace Bella but he'll be loved just as much

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version