Author Topic: Arthritis and wobbly legs  (Read 1678 times)

Offline alisonandarchie

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Archie's mum
Re: Arthritis and wobbly legs
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2023, 20:28:50 PM »
Archie has been on Solensa injections for the last few months due to arthritis and wobbly legs. It has made such a difference to him cannot praise the drug enough.

He is 17 and hopping about all over the place again.

All the best

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2023, 15:34:13 PM »
Pleased Susan is doing better xx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Kate S

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Miaowser (RIP baby boy) & Rocky (RIP fella- too short a time with us. The new boss Joey
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2023, 06:52:54 AM »
Susan is a bit better today and not so wobbly. I read the Gabapentin can cause some ataxia. I will definitely ask for the solensia for her

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2023, 09:27:34 AM »
Hi Kate, I'm sorry to hear about Susan :hug: My friend's cat has now had her third Solensia injection and is doing very well on it.

Online Liz

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Here come the boys!!!!
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2023, 20:08:59 PM »
The Solensia injection is a game changer we have Larrson Bengal on it from staggering to jumping on worktops in 3 months - injections is around 50.00 at our vets and we have only given her 3 in the last year but she is bounding around at age 13 so maybe worth a go
Liz and the Clan Cats and Dogs

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #2 on: May 05, 2023, 17:57:03 PM »
Hi Kate,  sorry to hear Susan is poorly.  I can't offer any advice other than what the Internet says ..... Common gabapentin side effects can include sedation, lethargy or disorientation These symptoms are temporary and will improve over time as your cat adjusts to gabapentin. In some cases, gabapentin may cause vomiting but is often not serious and will resolve quickly after discontinuing gabapentin.

Hopefully Susan will adjust to her mess quickly.  I hope this helps a little bit.  Of course if you are worried about her I would speak to your vet  :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Kate S

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Miaowser (RIP baby boy) & Rocky (RIP fella- too short a time with us. The new boss Joey
Arthritis and wobbly legs
« Reply #1 on: May 05, 2023, 15:45:11 PM »
I had to take Susan to the vets asap as she was in pain from her back legs and was laying down and miaowing. The vet did a blood test and all ok except a bit of an issue with her kidneys which I know about as she had a test in February. I am to give her gabapentin every 8 hours for the next few days then twice a day. She is still very wobbly on her legs and it seems very sudden. She was walking stiffly before, and when she got off the bed this morning I think she hurt herself. Does anyone have a wobbly legged cat? If no improvement I'm to take her back for possible monthly injections . I'm very worried 🙁

Link to CatChat