Author Topic: Kidney supplements  (Read 1645 times)

Offline ariannajono1

• Kitten
  • Slave to: pixie
Re: Kidney supplements
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2023, 07:01:40 AM »
Renal Essentials, Pet Wellbeing Kidney Support Gold, Zesty Paws Liver & Kidney Support Supplement, and Wonder Paws Milk Thistle for Dogs are some options to consider for slightly elevated kidney levels. don't forget to have a chat with your vet first before introducing any supplements. They'll have the best advice for your furry friend's specific needs. Good luck, and I hope your dog feels better soon!

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: January 16, 2023, 21:05:18 PM »
I'd ring and ask for a copy of his Urea and Creatnine (and what the ranges are), but if they are only mildly elevated, I'd be tempted to leave his diet as it is
Please spay your cat

Offline Allybean

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Salem and Chiana
« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2023, 20:12:42 PM »
The vets didn't tell me exactly but they said only slightly elevated and problem is he's had severe constipation to the point he had to have manual enema under anaesthetic

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #2 on: January 15, 2023, 19:58:51 PM »
How slightly elevated are we talking? What does he currently eat? Lucy was diagnosed with early stage renal disease nearly 6 years ago and hers went down just changing her dry food (she's never been a fan of wet food), would that be an option? She's not the only cat I've had where we have only changed dry food and levels have gone down. She can only have minimal renal food as she also has calcium issues and renal food isn't supposed to be used, she is supposed to have food with psyllium husk, I've found a few renal biscuits with that in, which I believe is used for constipation.
Please spay your cat

Offline Allybean

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Salem and Chiana
Kidney supplements
« Reply #1 on: January 15, 2023, 18:27:53 PM »
Can anyone help me with kidney supplements our saley has slightly elevated kidney levels and we can't sort it diet wise as we've just got him to a diet that doesn't constipate him the vets gave us Renate to try which he was happy with until I bought a box of it so I'm looking for suggestions

Link to CatChat