Author Topic: Advantage flea treatment - dosage  (Read 1548 times)

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
Re: Advantage flea treatment - dosage
« Reply #4 on: April 04, 2007, 22:53:22 PM »
susanne did you read what i replied on chat ? 

basically what millys mum said but altho you dont want different dosages on the go i would pick up a pack of correct dosage for next treatement time..i forget if your cats go out ?? if they dont then i might be inclined to stick with current type and see if you get away with it, if they go out i'd get stronger stuff.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: April 04, 2007, 09:29:55 AM »
Yes, I suppose he is just a bit over the weight limit so it will probably be alright.  As I don't do them that often a  4 pack will last a while so I'd rather use it for both of them than have 2 packs on the go.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: April 03, 2007, 20:38:03 PM »
I'd go with using it and then when you buy more get one more appropiate for his weight.
I would think it would still work ok, its not like hes double the limit!

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
Advantage flea treatment - dosage
« Reply #1 on: April 03, 2007, 12:20:36 PM »
While I was at the vets today I picked up some Advantage to treat Mosi.  As it's a pack of 4 I could do with using it for Jaffa too.  It's the smaller dosage though for cats under 4kg (Mosi is 3.4kg) and Jaffa weighs just under 5kg.  If I use it on Jaffa will it be effective or do I really need to get the one for larger cats?  He doesn't actually have any fleas, I just use it periodically as a precaution.

Link to CatChat