Author Topic: Advice on rescued kitten please  (Read 17281 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Advice on rescued kitten please
« Reply #115 on: September 23, 2009, 17:51:57 PM »
Ooo havent they grown!  :Luv2:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #114 on: September 22, 2009, 23:20:36 PM »
Great to hear from you and do hope that Gizmo finally resurfaces  ;D

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #113 on: September 22, 2009, 11:43:59 AM »
Hi Andy - lovely to hear from you and Im glad that the update is so positive - fingers crossed that Gizmo finds her way back to you one day  :hug:
The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #112 on: September 22, 2009, 06:40:09 AM »
 :) good to hear from you Andy, glad all is well with kitties.  Hope that Gizmo will soon be back with you too  :hug:
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #111 on: September 21, 2009, 21:33:34 PM »
Woo Hoo welcome back Andy .... so pleased to hear that Judo and Clouseau are happy together and obviously loving their Daddy so much .... they are both gorgeous  :Luv2: :Luv2: :Luv2:

Stilll keeping everything crossed that Gizmo will turn up and be repatriated with you all.  :hug: :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #110 on: September 21, 2009, 21:22:22 PM »
Good to hear from you again Andy  :) Glad things seem to have worked out for you all, would be great if one day Gizmo could be reunited with you all too  :hug:

Offline andyturner

• Adult Cat
« Reply #109 on: September 21, 2009, 21:04:34 PM »
I apologize for the delay in the way of an update, but we’ve relocated back to the UK and been busy with work etc. ANYWAY, THERE IS A HAPPY ENDING…

After two months of feeding in the Storm ditch Clouseau trusted us enough to do the hand-feeding thing and ate her dinner inside the cat carrier. One week before our departure from France I closed the door on her and took her back to the French house. She and Judo were then driven back to the UK and kept in for a month. The Cat flap has now been open for six weeks and they make full use of it. They both seem much happier with full freedom in cold rainy England with a warm and cosy pad to retreat to when it all gets too much. Judo has been defending his new turf avidly  :naughty: and when you see one, the other is usually less than 10 meters away :Luv2:

See below.

Many thanks for all your kindness and support,
Andy
PS. Just before our departure, I mail dropped the neighbourhood with our UK contact information just in case Gizmo should ever resurface. At which point she’d be snatched and back in the UK in under 24 hours ;0))

Offline andyturner

• Adult Cat
« Reply #108 on: May 11, 2009, 22:03:58 PM »
Hi,

I must have sucker written on my forehead :shy:

We went over tonight and had a chat over 6 prawns. She looked very timid and hungry. I’m going out at 1am to set a path of prawns via the underpass as I’m too fat for the drain.

I will monitor any progress and let you all know as soon as I do.

Good night,
Andy

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #107 on: May 11, 2009, 13:40:54 PM »
Has she come home yet Andy?  I don't think it's unusual for cats to stay out fior a few days, especially as the weather gets nicer.  You're lucky in that you have the loc8tor collar on her, I'd definitely try and lure her away from the area she's set up camp in  :hug:

Offline andyturner

• Adult Cat
« Reply #106 on: May 10, 2009, 22:34:32 PM »
Hi,

I have an update for you and I’m looking for advice please.

We’ve been letting them out for supervised play in the garden, but Clouseau went over the wall Friday night 15 minutes before the round up at dusk. On Saturday she was happily playing in the neighbours garden and chatting to Judo through the fence. This tells me that she is happier outside fending for herself.

She's wearing a tracker and we’ve been tracking her movements to keep an eye on her. Worryingly the incredibly intelligent hunter gather has setup camp on the busiest road in town, between a Petrol station on one side and a storm ditch on the other? :tired: That said there are tunnels under the road and we think she is using those because she was sat next to one when Caz was talking to her today.

I don’t want to trap her because that will make her a prisoner again, she’d hate us even more and do it again. I’m therefore hoping that she will come home under her own steam.

She’s very fond of big fat “Prawns”! Do you think that tacking her down daily for a friendly chat over ONE Prawn (i.e. not enough to sustain her) is a good idea or is that likely to scare/annoy her and drive her further away?

The other things to consider are that her battery will run out in about 2 weeks and for the long term if she is going to be feral then her collar should be removed.

Do you have any advice or ideas?

As always, many thanks & best regards,
Andy

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #105 on: February 08, 2009, 19:21:31 PM »
You know every time I come on here for advice, things just seem to "magically" sort themselves out :-:

We do try you know  :rofl:
Fingers crossed she continues to make first moves

Offline andyturner

• Adult Cat
« Reply #104 on: February 08, 2009, 19:15:15 PM »
Hi Gill & Millys Mum,

Thanks for the responses. I leave their food out so they can graze. I keep trying to play with her but it seems to unsettle her and she skulks away. That said I've found she does have a soft spot for cheese and ice cream but I don't want to make her fat & ill.

On some positive notes, TODAY there have been 3 ground breaking first timers :wow: She pawed my foot this morning while I was prepping their breakfast - that's the 1st time she has ever voluntarily made contact! She's learnt this off Judo who either jumps up your leg using claws or sinks his teeth into your ankle. Funny when wearing jeans & boots - not funny bare footed in a dressing gown >:(  While Caroline was playing her Clarinet she came down and had a good old sing song. While Caz was reading and fussing Judo she let Caz rub her chin but legged it when she went for between the ears.

You know every time I come on here for advice, things just seem to "magically" sort themselves out :-:

Many thanks & very best regards,
Andy

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #103 on: February 07, 2009, 20:06:35 PM »
Your in for the long haul, you can try spending extra time in one room but i wouldnt suggest catching her and forcing cuddle time, just spend lots of one on one time with a long shoelace or similar

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #102 on: February 07, 2009, 18:32:48 PM »
No I dont think that will be a good idea and will only terrify her.

I have had Sasa for over 3 yrs and I still cant touch her, some cats just dont like it and in Sasas case she has a bad history, poor girl. She does come and ask me to play though but I think have to be at least 2-3 ft away from her.

Just read that she is a tortie LOL, so is Sasa!

Do you feed your cats and then take up the dishes or do you leave them down, so that they can graze?

If its the former I maybe able to help you, so please pm me  ;D

Offline andyturner

• Adult Cat
« Reply #101 on: February 07, 2009, 16:09:00 PM »
Hello all,

I'm sorry it’s been a long time but there’s not been much to report.

In 3 days she will have been living here for 2 months and I can only conclude that she is as thick as a whale omelette. Today her pooh smelt so she tried to cover it up which is good except she was digging around the side of the litter tray  :innocent:

Seriously though, in terms of accepting us, progress is excruciatingly slow. We are doing the “leave her to come to us thing” but at this rate she will be an OAP before she has twigged that we are on her side. With hindsight we should of done the cage thing and got her used to us before letting her loose in the house.

I was thinking of giving her some forced loving, i.e. each day lock her in a room, catch her & cuddle her for 10 minutes then let her go and do her own thing again. May be after a couple of weeks she’ll realise we are there for her. This probably goes against all the rules – what do you think? Any other ideas?

Best regards
Andy

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #100 on: January 17, 2009, 21:08:22 PM »
So glad Judo is enjoying his new found friends comapny  :) I'm sure given more time and patience she'll learn to trust you and your wife too. 

Offline andyturner

• Adult Cat
« Reply #99 on: January 17, 2009, 20:51:37 PM »
Ok one month on!!!

Clouseau: progress with us has been very slow but she and Judo get on fantastically. To be fair she has had to put up with guests over Christmas as well as being trapped in a new house with a pair of nutters! Now when I rattle the food bowls she & Judo come to investigate which is a vast improvement on constantly hiding under the bed. As you may notice all the photos are a bit dark. That’s because she only really comes out after Caz has gone to bed and I’m outside having a cigarette.

Judo: got the snip the other day and is taking it in his stride. I’ve also started to let him out when it is light and I can watch over him. He just likes to sit on the patio, sniff the fresh air and have a little chew on the grass. He then runs to the back door at the slightest sound.

Watching them play together is magical. He approaches, sticks his whole arm around her, chews her neck then licks her ear. He approaches again and knocks her over; the pair fuse into one big rotating fur ball. She runs and hides, then as he unsuspectingly strolls past, she pounces and knocks him for six - Kungfoo Clouseau!!! On the garden table, our dinning room table, he sits on top like The King of the castle and she sits underneath and torments him by pawing him through the hole for the parasol!

Still waiting for my hug off of her but I think she will take a lot of time.

Regards
Andy

PS. Cats can see in the dark – they chase ach other around the house at Mach 2 at 3 O’clock in the morning every day  :evillaugh:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #98 on: December 14, 2008, 18:30:08 PM »
 :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: OOh you are gonna be in so much trouble when your other half reads what you put!!  But yes Torties are a bit like "red heads"  ;)

Of course I would like to add that the ONLY cat in my household that actively seeks me out to sit on my lap is Rossi .. the tortie.  She is a complete and utter little sweetheart and a real little cuddle bum ... even if she does have "Attitude".

Good to hear Clouseau is purring .. that's a sign she is feeling a bit more relaxed at least.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #97 on: December 14, 2008, 18:25:49 PM »
As she is a tortie I have a feeling she won't be backwards at coming forward so to speak.
Question: VERY TRUE, but how did you know that?

Anybody who is owned by a torti knows this  :evillaugh: you will learn further down the line!

Offline andyturner

• Adult Cat
« Reply #96 on: December 14, 2008, 16:38:35 PM »
Ok so in a couple of weeks Judo is going to be getting bossed about by his "ballsy" Mrs. Sounds like a familiar story, my Mrs has got red hair, likes to think she’s in charge and gets proper feisty when crossed!

Update: Not much new. Didn’t want to play ball but noted that she started purring when she was watching me & Judo playing. Probably just checking out his but  :sneaky:

Regards
Andy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #95 on: December 14, 2008, 14:04:45 PM »
It's a Tortie thing Andy ... although not an exact science it seems that Torties have a certain "ballsy" attitude often referred to as "Tortietude" or "Catitude" LOL.

About 18 months ago I brought a tiny little 5 month old tortie into my house.  She was the most ballsy  little thing I had ever met ... When Zephyr (my 5 year old male Abyssinian ... who does not like other cats in his house) walked up to her and started yowling in her face she simply looked him in the eye, bopped him between the ears and then rolled over and played all girly! LOL.  Zephyr was completely stunned and intrigued by this little bundle of terror that have arrived.  Rossi (the Tortie terror) never backed down or was scared of Zephyr and they have now become firm friends.

Offline andyturner

• Adult Cat
« Reply #94 on: December 14, 2008, 11:28:07 AM »
As she is a tortie I have a feeling she won't be backwards at coming forward so to speak.
Question: VERY TRUE, but how did you know that?

UPDATE
Its 3AM in the “Big brother household” and all is quiet. NOT !!!

I've heard French women are high maintenance but this is ridiculous.

She's exploring the house but she wants her new friend to keep her company. If he's not glued to her side then she yowls - he's just knackered and wants to sleep. I know we are going to look back and laugh but it’s so not funny at the moment.  >:(

Tried playing with them both this morning. Judo was having a great time and has never had 20 odd mice on the go at once! She watched but is too nervous to play at the moment. Will try more today and try to tire her out so that she will HOPEFULLY SLEEP TONIGHT!

Thanks & regards,
Andy

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #93 on: December 13, 2008, 23:33:57 PM »
Hi Andy,

Sounds like things are moving along as well as can be expected.  As she is a tortie I have a feeling she won't be backwards at coming forward so to speak. 

Does she play?  this is a really good way of bonding ... especially toys that require you and her to interact without actually making contact ... I have always found something like a piece of hairy string / ribbon / dressing gown cord ... anything you can dangle and she can pounce on.  Also toy mice are usually a winner.  This will not only help her to settle it will hopefully tire her out and therefore she may sleep through the night rather than sit their crying.

Plaing is also good as it's a way of getting her and judo to interact  without it being too confrontational.

Good luck and I'm sure it won't be long before everything settles down.

BTW ... Clouseau is gorgeous  :Luv2:

Offline andyturner

• Adult Cat
« Reply #92 on: December 13, 2008, 23:07:30 PM »
I'm hoping for another sleepless night, though one of playfulness and joy rather than sadness and sorrow :Luv2: Will update you tomorrow  :briggin:

Good night,
Andy

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #91 on: December 13, 2008, 22:47:56 PM »
Sounds like it's all going well  :)  You wait til they become proper pals, hours of fun  :wow:

Offline andyturner

• Adult Cat
« Reply #90 on: December 13, 2008, 22:42:07 PM »
Sorry but this is priceless  :sneaky:

Its bedtime. He follows me up as per usual. She's mewing gentley (not yowling - mewing). He slips into her room "Trilling", then runs out, her head pokes out. Now repeat process for 10 minutes!

All is now quite, see attached  :evillaugh:

Regards
Andy

Offline andyturner

• Adult Cat
« Reply #89 on: December 13, 2008, 22:09:21 PM »
The story continues and proves an eventful day...

Last night: Yowled again all night though more pathetic, weaker & sadder.

Morning: Did a big poo & wee. Added bonus, it was all in the litter tray. Found her on top of the shelves. Let her be and just worked on the computer.

Afternoon: Despite strategically placed intermediary platform (chair), still on shelves . Concerned she couldn't get down, gently lifted her down & placed on floor. Scurried off but didn't hide immediately.

My feelings at the moment are that she is not scared of us just very sad and her yowling is a call to other cats for help. Judo is now not objecting to her scent and is lying on her towel.

Evening: In her carrier placed her on the coffee table. Judo on top of his climbing frame. She looked him in the eye and yowled repeatedly. He slowly moved down to ground level then hopped up for a closer look. Her yowls are now super pathetic. He jumps off and wonders away trilling – she yowls very loudly. He comes back, she sticks her nose up real close, he hisses a bit but doesn’t growl or run away. This carries on for 30 minutes. He then wonders off & she yowls, so I open her door. She pops her head out, yowls then retreats. He visits, pops his head in then runs off to one corner of the room. She exits carrier, runs off to opposite corner of room and yowls! He comes over, at which point I get a sneaky photo – see attached. She now hides behind dishwasher and yowls. He then investigates her carrier and her room then joins us in the lounge. After an hour or so, extracted her from behind dishwasher and returned her to her room but left her door slightly open.

Conclusion
She desperately wants his company and to be accepted by him. He is somewhere between neutral, intrigued and slightly cautious.

10:55: She is yowling for him from upstairs – he is sleeping quietly on her towel downstairs.

Regards
Andy

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #88 on: December 12, 2008, 18:31:54 PM »
maybe you could sit and read a book and completely ignore her, just have her food next to you... this will allow her to approachh for food without you touching her, te also sit there with no food... and see if she comes to investigate then too. Cats areinsanely curious so if you ignore her she may come to see what is so great about a book!

Also if you have a box with nothing in it maybe cut a couple holes in at right-angles... then she can hide with an escape route, and allow her to be more relaxed

Offline andyturner

• Adult Cat
« Reply #87 on: December 12, 2008, 18:28:01 PM »
I binned the bean bag last night. Judging by how wet was I'm guessing that she used it several times.
Yes she's been spayed.

The study is quite an exposed place. There are shelves, boxes etc that she can hide in but overall - she can not hide properly. Her new hiding place is between the cat carrier and a box. She is pretty well hidden and fairly sucure but I can reach over and stroke her from above. She will let me and Caz both stroke her and does not run but clearly she is still very scared and is tolorating it rather than enjoying it. Question: Should we carry on with short and frequent stroking or should we just let her come to us?

In my opinion, her letting us touch her would indicate that she is more advanced in the social process, i.e. she is not at "Square 1" and progression rather than regression is better. On the other hand - I don't want to risk forcing her.

Thanks & regards ,
Andy

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #86 on: December 12, 2008, 16:41:58 PM »
Bless her, it must be very scary for her.
I would remove the bean bag as it does feel like litter to cats, you could sprinkle a little soil in her tray to encourage her to use it.

I agree with gillian in regards to late night yowling, ignore her or your making a rod for your own back!! Has she been spayed yet, possible shes in heat?

Offline andyturner

• Adult Cat
« Reply #85 on: December 12, 2008, 12:41:24 PM »
No Feliway diffusers - will try and find some. That said we have the Spray and her room gets a good spray.

Managed to find some "Rescue Remedy" and "Night Remedy" today. Have given both water bowls a few drops of RR and will give NR tonight. Me & Caz have even given it go  :rofl:

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #84 on: December 12, 2008, 12:31:04 PM »
Have you got feliway diffusers plugged in? one in her room, one somewhere else in the house that Judo frequents? - might help a bit.

The beanbag wetting - probably due to the fact that the filling of beanbag feels very similar underfoot to litter, so might be worth giving her something else to sleep in/on - good old cardboard box with a piece of washable vetbed/fleece is usually a winner.

What sort of cat litter are you using? - if clumping you should be able to see if she's wee'd because it will make little clumps. If not clumping - you should still be able to see darker/wet patches if she's wee'd.

Its completely to be expected that she seems a bit withdrawn - its all a big upheaval for her and I'm sure she won't take long to settle and feel more comfortable in her new surroundings. Personally I wouldnt get up to her if she yowls in the night - she will settle eventually  :)

Offline andyturner

• Adult Cat
« Reply #83 on: December 12, 2008, 12:14:35 PM »
Clouseau's Blog update:

Attitude
About midnight she started Yowling very loudly and did not stop until 9am this morning. I got up several times in the night to try and console her but failed miserably. It was like she was pining for her mum to come and rescue her. She had also wet the beanbag I put her in. She's much easier to handle then Judo, i.e. not petrified of humans but overall she just seems very sad and withdrawn.   :(

Food
Last night she ate all her wet food and is drinking.

Litter tray
The main worry at the moment is that she has not had a poo yet. At 22:00HRS tonight she will have been here 48HRS. I'm guessing its just stress related but how long before this become a serious problem?
Apart from the bed wetting last night she has had no more accidents. That said I don't know if she's using the litter tray or just crossing her legs. Is there some cunning trick to see if she's using the litter?

Judo: as can be expected, he is not himself at the moment. I think he thinks we are torturing cats in the spare room. I aborted the attempt to give him his worming pill this morning because all her Yowling had spooked him. When we eventually caught him he was hissing and growling so much that I thought it would be best to leave it till tonight when things have calmed down and he is hungry as he is always more cooperative at feeding time.

Regards
Andy

Offline Dawn F

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #82 on: December 12, 2008, 09:34:23 AM »
how cute that she fell asleep on your lap!

I'm sure Judo will come around soon

Offline andyturner

• Adult Cat
« Reply #81 on: December 11, 2008, 19:35:41 PM »
Well, well, well - scent is a powerfull thing!

Ok...

Got home and time for our vet to take a look. She was hidden between the wall and the computer desk so the only way to get her into the carrier was to "slowly & gentley" scruff her. Before popping her in carrier took the opportunity to give her a big hug and a stroke. She Yowled loudly. Judo heard and returned a yowl for each of hers. With cat secure & freshly scented, went & stoked Judo. HE ACTUALLY HISSED AT ME - LOTS!!!

Vet gave "Inspector Clouseau" the all clear bar some little yellow mites at the base of the ear. Creme for 8 days.

Got home and put Clouseau in carrier on kitchen table and watched. Clouseu gave off a few pathetic Yowls - Judo did/said nothing, just ignored her. Then after several minutes he started trilling from upstairs - she yowled from downstairs. Then silence.

Returned Clouseau to her room. Lifted her out of carrier to sneak in a few more cuddles. Couldn't put her down because she had sunk her claws into my jumper. Sat on chair with her on my lap and released her - expecting her to jump down & hide. Nope just sat there! Ok then, so gave her lots more strokes and cuddles and she damn well fell asleep with chin resting on one of my hand!!! Scooped her up and gentley placed her on bean bag. Tidyed up her room, gave her food and left her to rest.

Judo is now not talking to me - more HISSING  :innocent:, that said he hasn't noticed that I rubbed her scent off on his toys which he is still playing with - SUCKER  :evillaugh:

New update soon & Best regards
Andy

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #80 on: December 11, 2008, 18:46:11 PM »
Ferals tame down quicker in a smaller space, if they can hide away from you then it takes longer, a crate gives them a secure area where nothing bad happens but makes them face up to their new life.

Fingers crossed she isnt too feral?
The socialising she needs isnt with Judo but with humans, her behaviour to him should be fine as shes lived in a colony and will be uptodate with catty etiquette!

Im glad shes got the all clear for physical health, hidden problems do take time to surface, the stress of rehoming often brings these out

Offline sheryl

• Super Cat
  • Im a Crazy CatWoman
« Reply #79 on: December 11, 2008, 10:00:06 AM »
So glad that the little one is going to be warm and loved - well done Andy  :Luv2:

Has she got a name yet?

The Purrs 2011 Cat Show!
Could your cat be a winner?  :wow:
http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php/topic,37101.0.html

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2008, 23:14:09 PM »
No advice just wanted to say  :1st place: on the new arrival.  Hope she settles in quickly and her and Judo become the best of buddies, if you thought one cat was fun wait til you have two of them tearing round after each other  :)

Offline Indys Mamma

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2008, 22:26:46 PM »
IMO = In My Opinion

the dog cages/dog crates give all around acess and you can get large enough for a litter tray, bed, food bowl, means the cat can feel safe but not wedge under the desk
when I got Indy he went in a 30 inch x 24 inch x 20 inch crate, Misha now sleeps in it at night

also helps with litter training etc

a lot of bugs can take a week or two to show up, so vet coul give her all clear tomorrow and then come down sick in a few days

and the one on one time is you and new cat, Judo should not be alone with her for a while yet as a little spat could get bad vey quickly... Misha has been here 2 weeks and I still supervise them together as Indy can be a bit too rough.

Offline andyturner

• Adult Cat
« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2008, 22:01:21 PM »
Ok I can't help myself - FIRE IN THE HOLE - The cat has entered the building  ;D

"Kittens dont need as long as adults to be introduced to one another IMO."
1. Sorry for being a biff but what does IMO mean?
2. How long would you suggest for kittens?

"Shes going to be feral after her first 4.5 months being spent outside. Because of that i would suggest a dog crate to start with, shes going to need some really intense socialising!!"
1. Why dog crate?
2. Spoke to nice lady - apparently she gets on with lots of cats, her trick is lots of shoulder action with the other cats.

"If shes loose in the house too soon her socialising will be set back greatly" - She's not loose. Will be locked in spare room for the moment. Was going to fit door to stairs and split house 50/50 for medium term.

"you need lots of one to one in a small area." Me & Cat or Judo & Cat?

"Being a street urchin she could be carrying undesirable problems, not just the obvious flu but stomach issues such as campylobacter, you dont want that" was checked by Nice lady's vet today (have paperwork) - will be checked by our vet tommorrow.

Judo is sitting by her door, mewing a bit + wondering where some of his toys, cat grass & favorite food is going  ;) Suspicious & Curious.  :rofl:

Thanks & regards
Andy

Link to CatChat