Author Topic: Strange Little Lump!  (Read 1463 times)

Offline kris

• Adult Cat
Re: Strange Little Lump!
« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2008, 17:03:16 PM »
My only advice would be don't touch it or anything, my boy had a little lump on the back of his head/neck and I was checking it every few hours and in the end it got crusty and I knocked it off, he then had a problem healing, it took months, and in the end an operation, stiches, staples and all sorts all from a silly little lump. Good to get it checked out but now when fred gets little lumps and bumps I leave them, don't go near them and they go away of their own accord, I've learned my lesson  :-:

Offline MrsR

• Honorary Cat
  • RIP Sylvester, Sofa & Bunty - my furbabies x
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2008, 13:36:19 PM »
My Misha developed a lump under her front leg but the vet said not to worry, I know its hard hun as I was so so worried thinking the worst and its taken me ages to relax about the lump but Misha is doing fine, it stopped growing and doesn't make any difference to her.    If your vet was at all worried they would have removed it and done a biopsy I am sure.

Offline swampmaxmum

• Super Cat
  • SwampMax happy on their sunny French balcon 05!
« Reply #7 on: July 09, 2008, 10:19:12 AM »
Max has got a couple of fatty lumps that he's had for ages. They are apparently very common. The vet did a fine needle biopsy and you could see the fatty slime on the slide, so he said to leave it and only fuss if it gets bigger. Vets see so many lumps that they can normally tell if it's likely to be or even possibly a worry. If it's on Tachi's head, could it be a lump from a fight or bite? Don't feel silly for worrying as we all do that.

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2008, 20:13:24 PM »
 :hug: do not worry.  Just like us, cats can get cysts, fatty lumps - you name it!  Your vet is an expert who has seen a thousand little lumps, so if s/he says it is OK, I would just relax and keep an eye on it in case it needs to be lanced or something  :hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Teresa Pawcats

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • www.pawsinncatrescue.co.uk
    • Paws Inn Website rehoming page
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2008, 19:49:04 PM »

Dont worry am sure he will be fine. Hope Vader is well, think we need more pics to take your mind of the spot.

:hug:

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2008, 19:41:12 PM »
I'm sure Mr VET is right and it will go away on it's own. Try not to worry as BC says it won't do either of you any good.

It's good that you found Tachi's little lump and sought the advice of a VET they see lots of lumps and I would trust what he says.  :hug: :hug: :hug: :hug:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2008, 19:40:09 PM »
True.

I suppose it's a good excuse for tachi getting a few extra strokes. lol. He'll be very happy!  :evillaugh:

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2008, 19:36:10 PM »
Don't be worried. If it is something more serious worrying won't help you or Tachi. So just relax and get on with keeping an eye on it so you can go back to the vet if it gets bigger... :hug:

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
Strange Little Lump!
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2008, 19:34:12 PM »
Hello,

I had to take Tachi to the V.E.T. this morning for the first time. I was more scared than him.

Last night I notice a small lump on the top of his head by his ear. The vet seems to think it's either a wart or a cyst so I have to keep an eye on it and see if it goes away of it's own accord. It's silly, but I'm still worried.  :tired:

x

Link to CatChat