Author Topic: Eating grass but its cutting him.  (Read 1263 times)

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
Re: Eating grass but its cutting him.
« Reply #3 on: December 19, 2010, 11:46:59 AM »
same  problem with me - Tiffany is eating the leaves from a pink, and she never brings it up again

good job it isn't poisonous

what cat grass have you tried? most of that sold is oat seeds, but you can also get wheat seeds, and I expect some cats prefer one over the other
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
Re: Eating grass but its cutting him.
« Reply #2 on: December 19, 2010, 11:30:00 AM »
No idea but would be interested to hear if anyone knows a solution! Lukey is the same and ALWAYS eats the ornamental grass (quite sharp) and then waits until he is back inside before he chucks it up  :tired: Riley just goes for the longest grass possible and again waits until he is back inside  :tired:

Offline catalyst

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: Milo and Pagan
Eating grass but its cutting him.
« Reply #1 on: December 19, 2010, 00:59:30 AM »
Milo cat likes to eat grass then vomit it up. This is quite normal for cats and i dont mind him doing it as long as he aims for the bathroom! Of course lately with it being winter there isnt much grass around and he doesnt like to use the cat grass i grew for him. So what he does instead is to go out side and find the nearest thing to grass and eat that.

So he ends up eating hard grass or something which he brings back up, but because of the size and sharpness of the grass the biley stuff he brings up is tinged with blood. So the grass is obviously cutting him inside. Of course this is not good for him at all!! So i have had to stop him from going out which is a shame as i got the cat flap installed just for him.

I cant think what else to do though. I want him to go outside but if it just results in him sicking up bloody bile along with the grass then he is certainly not going back out!

Link to CatChat