Author Topic: fingers crossed for our bengal boys..  (Read 71408 times)

Offline Linda (Bengalbabe)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
Re: fingers crossed for our bengal boys..
« Reply #130 on: January 05, 2007, 12:25:25 PM »
Loki was admitted this morning and is now on a drip to get some fluids into him.  His condition did not improve and he actually looks worse today as he is so exhausted, he's even struggling to stand and walk.  He is having full bloods run today and I've got to phone around 2ish today to see how he is.  

He's not been to the toilet in 24 hours either but I guess nothing to pass through given he has not eaten and been vomiting since Tuesday.  

Lenny and Lubo definitely on the recovery path. no sickness now in 36 hours and continuing to eat the sensitivity food.  My problem with Lubo at the moment is he is sooo greedy he wants more BUT he cannot have anything else or it could start him off again.  Lenny knows his brother is really ill.  They have never been separated.  He is wailing continually and searching the house for Loki  :'(

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #129 on: January 05, 2007, 12:23:03 PM »
I really hope Loki is feeling better today and has stoped being sick.
((((((((((()))))))))) for you all
love
Tab

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #128 on: January 05, 2007, 12:14:36 PM »
Hope Loki's showing some improvement today, or at least that the vet can help.  I'm keeping everything crossed for him.

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #127 on: January 05, 2007, 11:19:43 AM »
Aww, I do hope things are better soon for them, and the vet can make poor Loki feel better soon.
Please spay your cat

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #126 on: January 05, 2007, 11:07:16 AM »
How are things today Linda?

Regarding work, I agree with Gill. Flexibility is a two-way street.

xC
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #125 on: January 05, 2007, 10:53:44 AM »
How are the boys today?  - It may be better if he is kept in for a day or two. So they can keep a close eye on and get that drip into him so he can get some fluids before he dehydrates.

Zak was in a few days on a drip and the little monkey pulled in out - TWICE. 

I do feel for you Linda, love to the boys and little Nova too. xxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #124 on: January 05, 2007, 10:12:58 AM »
hoping loki is feeling better today linda XXX

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #123 on: January 05, 2007, 09:49:50 AM »
How's the porrly boy this morning .... I do hope you managed to get some sleep and Loki is feeling a bit better.

With regards to work it really annoys me when employers give it the "oh it's only a cat" .... if it was a child no one would bat an eyelid!   >:(

In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #122 on: January 05, 2007, 08:54:59 AM »
I'm keeping everything crossed that Loki is showing signs of improvement today Linda, and that you managed to get some rest too.

Don't worry about having to cancel a meeting or two, they can be rearranged.  Your boys are you're family too, and family is waaaay more important than anything to do with work in my opinion.

Let us know how he's doing today xx

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #121 on: January 05, 2007, 08:23:03 AM »
Any news on the boys Linda?  Thinking of you all but especially poor little Loki.  Get well soon boys xx

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #120 on: January 05, 2007, 07:03:36 AM »
Linda how are Loki and the boys this moring?  Did you manage to get any sleep?  I am keeping everything crossed fr you. Paddy sends purrrrrzz to help.  He knows how horrid it is when you keep being sick and feel really realy poorly.    :care:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #119 on: January 05, 2007, 01:03:49 AM »
I am so sorry that Loki is so sick and hope that you are in bed and not up reading this.

Sounds a bit like what ever caused the problem, virus , infection, pioson or what Loki got the most of it. I do hope that the vet sorts him out tomorrow and I am dure he will need go on IV.

I hope you get a little rest tonight and your office should be willing to flex with you as you have with them. I was lucky when Kocka was ill cos my boss loved cats.

Good luck at the vets tomorrow  :hug: :hug:

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #118 on: January 05, 2007, 01:02:09 AM »
I am so sorry that Loki is so sick and hope that you are in bed and not up reading this.

Sounds a bit like what ever caused the problem, virus , infection, pioson or what Loki got the most of it. I do hope that the vet sorts him out tomorrow and I am dure he will need go on IV.

I hope you get a little rest tonight and your office should be willing to flex with you as you have with them. I was lucky when Kocka was ill cos my boss loved cats.

Good luck at the vets tomorrow  :hug: :hug:

Offline Gemma H (Akandra)

• Adult Cat
  • Hestia & Bacardi
« Reply #117 on: January 04, 2007, 23:33:19 PM »
 :(  Sorry to hear the boys are unwell, and even sorrier Loki does not seem to be recovering like the other two.

Let him know we are all thinking about him and hoping he gets better soon.

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #116 on: January 04, 2007, 23:13:13 PM »
Oh Linda I'm so sorry Loki is still so poorly, poor love no wonder he is sore and he must be exhausted as must you. It's so horrible when you feel helpless to do anything. Keeping absolutely everything crossed that you don't have to rush him to the emergency vet and that your vet can sort him out tomorrow. Lots of hugs to you and the boys and don't worry about work the babes are more important than any job and no meeting is that important.  :Luv:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #115 on: January 04, 2007, 22:55:55 PM »
well he sounds  defo no more than 5 % dehydrated poss even less than that so thats good.

emergency vets can be like that, just coz they dont have any records of the cat and if they admit he'd then need transfering to your own practice in the morning, its a pain but where i used to work we shared on call with 3 other practices which for the most time worked great (far better than some storys ive heard on here) but yes there were occasional blips. (they shouldnt be too reluctant to see him if absolutely nec though)

have any of the trio passed faeces yet since this all started ??

hope you get a wee bit of sleep, i am sure he'll be ok its just affecting him more than the others.

love to loki (and you XXX)

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #114 on: January 04, 2007, 22:41:51 PM »
Lynn, gums are not too dry and his skin is rolling back down but not too slowly (seems the same as at the vets tonight). Was squealing when I picked him up though - he is really quite sore around his tummy.
Going to put my head down for an hour or so and will keep checking him until morning or will take him to emergency vet sooner if required (unless he is unconscious they seem to be asking me to wait to see my own vet - thats what they did at 5am yesterday morning!  They wont get the option next time I have to call!)

Offline Mimi (Mewg)

• Senior Cat
  • Phoebe, Nellie & Libby
« Reply #113 on: January 04, 2007, 22:31:29 PM »
Oh Linda, poor you and poor Bengal Boys - I feel so sorry that there is no improvement in Loki and send warmest wishes for better news tomorrow..........

Love and hugs from me and my three to Loki, Lubo and Lenny xxx

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #112 on: January 04, 2007, 22:29:06 PM »
well no linda you are right, perhaps a little reminding of the hours you put in wouldnt go amiss ... ie I am taking this time in leu of all the many hours extra i did pre christmas !!!

hubby has been like that many times but usually his work are not too bad for them having the odd extra day off here and there if need be.

if he's still gonna being sick every hour or so linda i'd perhaps ring the vet back tonight...the meds clearly arent stopping the sickness and he may get to the stage now where an iv through the night would be good !!!

if he'll get you what are his gums like ?? ie are they shiney and moist or dry and tacky ??
if you life the skin on the back of his neck right up and let go just it immediately spring back to normal or slowly slide back down ??

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #111 on: January 04, 2007, 22:16:24 PM »
Thanks Ruth, Ellie and Amy x, I know I'm tired and emotional .........  

Loki just been sick again (seems to be every hour or 2 now), not sure how much more my baby can take and I'm getting really frustrated by my lack of ability to make him better.  :'(  I've managed to get him to take a sip of water though.

Is there anything else anyone thinks I can do?

Offline Ellie

• Super Cat
« Reply #110 on: January 04, 2007, 22:15:44 PM »
Oh Linda I'm just catching up, not been on here for ages, your poor babies  :'(

You must be exhausted  :hug: :hug: :hug:

Me, Muppet and Rascal send the boys lots of love and lots of healing vibes for Loki xxxxxxx

As work .... well to me family comes first. We understand what you are going through xxxxxx

Offline Amy

• Adult Cat
  • Minty & Toffee
« Reply #109 on: January 04, 2007, 22:10:28 PM »
Oh no i'm so sorry Linda, i thought they would all be feeling better now..
Minty and Toffee send purrs and gentle headbuts to all three lovely boys.

Regardin work, i know how you feel; When Minty had a flare up of conjunctivitis i had to rush him to the vets first thing, so i rang work and let them know i'd be late and they laughed at me. I went mad and hasten to say i rarely speak to that person anymore... You have to do what best for your boys and work will sort itself out i'm sure.. Wish i could come round to give them a gentle cuddle.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #108 on: January 04, 2007, 22:05:44 PM »
Rant away! That's what we're here for.

I, like you, have a job that demands a lot of my time, and being at home this week I have gone from feeling guilty for not being there (chest infection) to being thankful I have a few more days before I get back into it.  But I still keep trying to tell myself its just a job.  Not easy!

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #107 on: January 04, 2007, 21:54:45 PM »
Hi Lynn, I can see their point of view too however up to Christmas I was working 60 hour weeks at least and doing lots of travelling with no additional pay so I do expect them to come and go with me (even if from their perspective its just humouring me). Flexibility works both ways and I'm no use to them at work when my head and heart are at home with my furbabes (and Jan is a fairly quiet month anyway).

Sorry if it sounds like a rant, I'm emotional as you can imagine!

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #106 on: January 04, 2007, 21:46:58 PM »
sorry to hear about loki linda, i am sure the vet will perk him up with meds and tx though..

re the work its a tricky one...i agree they should understand but them from an employer point of view i get their drift too...are you in a situation to lie and just say YOU are ill or something, might be more understanding if they think youve got the runs or something.

hugs to all the boys anyway.

xxx

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #105 on: January 04, 2007, 21:39:04 PM »
Oh poor baby.  So sorry to hear that Linda.   FIngers crossed for tomorrow for you.

As for work...well....to counter the "its only a cat"....its only a job....I know that doesn't sound great, but I would do the same.

Hugs xx

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #104 on: January 04, 2007, 21:33:58 PM »
Thanks everyone, I'm heading to bed shortly as exhausted.  Lubo and Lenny are continuing to pick up so thats good news but Loki seems to be getting worse instead of better  :'( He has just huddled himself away in the corner of the upstairs hall and is not responding unless you get down on the floor and speak to him.  He's not drank or went to the toilet tonight and is refusing to go to his bedroom with his brothers (which is soo unlike him as the three amigos love to be close and wail when separated). This is upsetting Lenny in particular who is shouting for his brother to no avail  :(

Looks like he will definitely be kept in the vets tomorrow and I'm so upset for my boy.  He's the best natured and my little one (ok they are all brusiers but you know what I mean!).

I'm expecting grief from work as since I went back on Tuesday I've not really been there any more than 3 hours per day and I'll now need to cancel an important meeting tomorrow morning to take my Loki to the vet which will go down like a ton of bricks.  People just don't get it, they don't directly say anything but I can see the 'its only a cat look' in their eyes.  Well they are not, they are my babies and besides my daughter, I love them most in the whole world and its mutual! 

Offline sonya

• Distinguished Cat
  • Ozzy Daisy and Ebony
« Reply #103 on: January 04, 2007, 21:19:40 PM »
Oh Linda im so sorry to hear your boys are still poorly , I hope Loki picks up soon, glad you have some help at home with them, it must be a nightmare for you  :hug: :hug: :hug:  sending you lots of hugs and purrs and headbutts from Ozzy , Daisy and Ebony

Sonya
 xx
Cats are like vodkas-you cant just have one

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #102 on: January 04, 2007, 21:16:40 PM »
Oh Linda, so sorry, only just caught up with this thread today after not being online much the last few.

So sorry to hear about the beautiful boys.  Wishing them all a speedy recovery especially Loki, pretty boy needs a nice long cuddle and headbutt.

Hugs from me and Lexy xxxx

:catluv:

Offline Fiona2

• Adult Cat
« Reply #101 on: January 04, 2007, 20:59:00 PM »
oooo dear!, poor Loki, hope your beautiful babes are soon feeling better,  :hug:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #100 on: January 04, 2007, 20:45:38 PM »
Wishing the boys a speedy full recovery, and has to be said gold stars awarded to all your family for pitching in!  :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Christine (Blip)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Blip
« Reply #99 on: January 04, 2007, 19:40:24 PM »
I echo what Sam has said

:hug:
I'm a member of the British Humanist Association, the national charity supporting and representing people who seek to live good lives without religious or superstitious beliefs http://www.humanism.org.uk/home

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #98 on: January 04, 2007, 19:31:24 PM »
Pleased to hear it's not a poison but so sorry to hear they are still poorly.  It sounds like they are getting lots of love and TLC and in the safe hands of Mr Vet  :'(

take care hun and xxxx
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

• Hero Cat
  • Gayzette Minerva
« Reply #97 on: January 04, 2007, 19:07:18 PM »
Lynn, Stitch seems really well, no signs of anything at all being wrong with her.  Nova too seems fine albeit she is in my bedroom most of the time - poor wee mite, feel so guilty bringing her home, introducing her to the boys briefly and then shutting her away.  I've also not spent much time with her as I have been sleeping in the boys bedroom and looking after them.  Ashley has been keeping her company though (when she's not helping me!).

Boys have had more antibiotics tonight albeit Loki is reaching the end of his patience with the whole thing and seems really depressed (as well as ill).  He's not interacting with anyone at all (even ignoring his brother Lenny whom he loves and adores) :'(. Looks like another long night ahead.

I've been really lucky though, despite my claims they are all MINE (I'm a jealous mum), Kevin and Ashley love the boys loads and have been giving me loads of help by taking care of everything else whilst I concentrate on my boys.

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #96 on: January 04, 2007, 19:05:27 PM »
Oh dear, well at least it seems that a poison is out then which is a relief. Do hope they start to feel better soon. :hug:

Offline Sue P (Paddysmum)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Paddy's Mum (Ginger Imposter) [Nov 90- April '11]
  • Slave to: Moray & Malt + my beautiful lost babies - Barley, Mac, Ross, and Tinks RIP babies.
« Reply #95 on: January 04, 2007, 18:44:49 PM »
Hi Linda - just caught up with some of the threads, including this one.  reallly sorry the Bengal babes are so under the weather.  Sending lots and lots of positive healing thoughts their way...........   :Luv:

Offline Kimberley

• Adult Cat
« Reply #94 on: January 04, 2007, 18:40:48 PM »
Yikes, you poor thing and the cats to have all 3 sickly.  Hope they have a speedy recovery.

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #93 on: January 04, 2007, 18:38:25 PM »
Oh no, the poor little babies  :'(  I was hoping to hear that they were all feeling better, sounds like they are receiving the best possible care though.  Please do keep us updated on how they are doing, will be thinking of you all xx 

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #92 on: January 04, 2007, 18:38:15 PM »
poor boys..sounds like loki might have to go in to be admitted in the morning but atleast if he does you know he's in safe hands.

has stitch been ok ?? i wonder if its something they have picked up from her, then again she is used to going outside so may have an immunity to bugs whereas the boys dont. 

i'd be keeping a close eye on nova and wash hands etc before touching the little might,

hope the boys are betting tomorrow and lenny doesnt start with Diarrhoea too badly

Offline CarolM (Wendolene)

• Royal Cat
  • Korky: June 1992 - 19/10/2009
  • Slave to: Bunty and Biggles
« Reply #91 on: January 04, 2007, 18:37:16 PM »
Oh Linda - that is so sad.  I really feel for you - having one poorly puss is bad enough but three - you must be at your wits end.  Quite apart from the emotional strain it must be a logistical nightmare getting 3 cats to the vet at the same time.  My heart goes out to you and and the boys.  Sending positive vibes for an early recovery and lots of  :hug: to you all.

Link to CatChat