Author Topic: Blood numbers - are these good?  (Read 1602 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: Blood numbers - are these good?
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2007, 00:08:23 AM »
I'm quite impressed as he hadn't eaten for 2 days so that meant no fortekor + the metacam closes up the arteries that fortekor opens so it could be that his number are even lower. I don't want to get too excited but as the vet said before, a slight improvement is a lot better than a slight decline  :cheer:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2007, 23:54:07 PM »
I'd be pretty impressed iwth those numbers Mark, Tiggy's numbers amazingly improved at every test and even the latest test just a few months before I lost her showed that her results were actually within normal range (and it wasn't the CRF that took her in the end).

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2007, 18:45:11 PM »
This is the second time in a row his number have improved. The vet was quick to tell me it is temporary so will just see how it goes. I don't feel so bad about letting him eat the food he likes now. I will make sure the fortekor is given religiously as it has been for the last few months. He is swallowing air (or blood?) at the moment but he had a nap in the cupbaord this afternoon and has eaten and been in the garden again so not overly alarmed. Giving him the antibiotics is impossible though. He didn't take them the other times so hopefully that will be OK?

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2007, 17:35:46 PM »
Thats pretty darned good Mark and those levels can be seen in a healthy cat with mild dehydration, however we do know clapton has crf but i would only class him as very early stages (cant remember what they were before sorry so maybe he is classed as more advanced crf but the meds are working)

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2007, 13:57:22 PM »
Those look good to me.  They're outside the normal range but Clapton does have CRF so that's to be expected.  They're very close to normal values though so I'd say those are good figures.  Jaffa's are just inside normal values and the vet considers them perfectly normal and didn't see anything untoward in his results.

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Blood numbers - are these good?
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2007, 13:18:18 PM »
The vet sais his numbers are better than before but they are still showing as high on the printout - just wondered f anyone can advise?

Urea 13.7 (chart says normal 5.7 - 12.9)
Crea 274  (                         71 - 212 )
HGB 15.8 (                          9.0 - 15.1)

I expected them to be raised as he missed 2 days fortekor with not accepting anything.

Link to CatChat