Author Topic: Loose poo after eating cat food in jelly, is that normal?  (Read 1515 times)

Offline psychopunk

• Adult Cat
  • pipsqueak & cuscus (not in the picture)
Re: Loose poo after eating cat food in jelly, is that normal?
« Reply #5 on: March 25, 2009, 19:42:06 PM »
Thanks for the advice! I'll try some new foods on him and will stick to the ones he's ok with. I just wish I knew what exactly causes it. When it first started I asked our vet and she said it could be nerves, but then I switched the food and it stopped, so it definitely isn't nerves. He's quite a bold kitty! Plus now I always have to watch them eat  :tired:  because our other cat is fine with all kinds of food, but Pips has his special diet and he always tries to steal...

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 24, 2009, 15:18:26 PM »
He could be sensitive to some types of foods and his tummy is still young yet.  Obviously stick to the ones he ok with though and avoid the others, good luck xx
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #3 on: March 24, 2009, 14:43:07 PM »
Have you tried the Bozita pate? http://www.zooplus.co.uk/shop/cats/canned_cat_food_pouches/bozita/58154 don't know if that would suit him better than the chunks in jelly.

Most of the canned/pouch jelly and gravy type foods contain cereals so it might be the cereal that doesnt agree with him, although that doesnt account for the Bozita as that doesnt contain cereals.  :Dont know:

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2009, 13:42:05 PM »
porta21 chicken is flakes in broth, no jelly at all, and my fussy eaters like it - it comes in different size tins, but I buy the 400gm and freeze half
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline psychopunk

• Adult Cat
  • pipsqueak & cuscus (not in the picture)
Loose poo after eating cat food in jelly, is that normal?
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2009, 12:44:03 PM »
Our kitten Pipsqueak (8 months old) gets icky tummy  :sick: when eating kitten/cat food in jelly. It's been like that since we've got him (at age of 8 weeks).  I've tried felix (both kitten and adult), whiskas, bozita. The only ones his tummy tolerates are felix agail, gourmet perle, small tins of hi life, sheba essence.  Basicly flaky types of cat food are ok, but the ones with small meat chunks in jelly/gravy he can't eat. Is it because they are too rich on him or do you think he has some food allergies? I've no idea  :-:  It's a pity because he really likes bozita tetra packs and I would happily feed them to him  :( I also feed him RC sensible 33 dry food just in case he has sensitive tummy.

Link to CatChat