Author Topic: Can tiacil cause damage?  (Read 1961 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Can tiacil cause damage?
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2009, 10:58:38 AM »
Ahhh. Well, I've actually got some antibiotics to pick up for my Big Lad anyway - he has a lot of colds and is suffering a snotty nose at the moment. I think that's why his eye is a little gunky. (It's not really bad, just a bit runny. I've mentioned it before but just in case it's not remembered he suffered cat flu as a kitten and was almost recovered from it when I got him. The way the people that had him dealt with it was to wrap him in a towel and put him next to the radiator; that was the full extent of what they thought was necessary.)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2009, 07:08:45 AM »
I meant I doubt if it is dangerous as it is designed to be used in eyes.

Just found the NOAH info - it says dispose of one month after opening - probably as microorganisms can breed in things like that.

http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/Virbac_Limited/Tiacil_Ophthalmic_Solution/-35145.html

« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 07:10:55 AM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2009, 00:04:07 AM »
If I remember rightly the Tiacil I have was only opened when we got Astryd, which was in June last year. If it isn't for the eyes, why does it have the word "ophthalmic" in its title description? (Just wondering!) Blatantly, I'll call the vet before doing anything other than cleaning Sprattleys eye with warm water.
« Last Edit: February 04, 2009, 00:06:13 AM by JackSpratt »

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #2 on: February 03, 2009, 23:49:37 PM »
I doubt it if it is made to go in eyes. Most eye drops have a short shelf life after opening though. Here are the contra-indications http://www.noahcompendium.co.uk/Virbac_Limited/Tiacil_Ophthalmic_Solution/-35144.html
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Can tiacil cause damage?
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2009, 22:53:55 PM »
Title says it all really! Does anyone know if tiacil can cause any damage to a cats eye?

Link to CatChat