Author Topic: Conjunctivitis  (Read 1220 times)

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
Re: Conjunctivitis
« Reply #5 on: March 20, 2008, 18:26:09 PM »
Thanks Linda!!  We shall continue with the cream for a couple of more days then... it was recommended by a pharmacist who also deals with prescriptions from veterinarians.  Thankfully Oliver is pretty well behaved and tolerant in such situations, so it won't be too much of a trouble..  (oh dear probably now I said that I bet all hell will break loose tonight.. :Crazy: )

Offline gibraltarcat

• Senior Cat
« Reply #4 on: March 20, 2008, 17:46:30 PM »
I " googled " the name and it's an antibiotic, so should be used for at least 5 days even if the symptoms have cleared. If not Oliver may develop a resistance to the drug if used in the future. Hope this helps and that he's soon better :hug: 

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2008, 16:59:41 PM »
I personally would carry on for a couple more days, I am assuming the cream was from the vets, as I would never treat eyes from products available from pet shops.
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2008, 16:40:11 PM »
I don't really know,

But both our boys have had conjunctivitis this year and had eye cream from the vets

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
Conjunctivitis
« Reply #1 on: March 20, 2008, 16:02:31 PM »
Oliver had a slight pink eye for a couple of days, not too serious so we had been administering some disinfectant eye cream (called xantervit, not sure it's the same name in English..).  Yesterday the inflammation and discharge both subsided so we stopped the treatment, and today it seems all well for the most part, but he still tends to squint his right eye which was affected quite a lot.  Should we continue with the administration of the cream for a little longer, or it is normal and shall it pass? 

Link to CatChat