Author Topic: Feeding and Hyperactivity  (Read 1564 times)

Offline dolcetta46

• Super Cat
    • Oliver's personal page
Re: Feeding and Hyperactivity
« Reply #6 on: December 05, 2007, 23:39:51 PM »
Yes I believe it is their hours, less to do with biscuits.  Cats are usually more active at night.  Oliver has decidedly taken after us (or WE have taken after cats should I say...) and a very much nocturnal, we have  several play sessions a day but without a doubt he goes way nuttier after midnight than other hours.  During the day his reaction is often almost lazy on the other hand.  Yes we have to be careful to keep it down as much as possible as when Oliver runs around it sounds like a stampeding bull on the loose!!
He, at 7 months eats 2 main meals when we get up and then a supper around 21, nibbles (dry food) during the day (afternoon) and before we retire.  We may have to consider cutting down a little of his food as he is getting quite hefty and he is getting neutered in 3 days.  We don't think it is because of fat, he seems quite solid but his built is not the cobby type, or big boned, I am not sure if we should let him get any heavier.  I guess we need to check with the vet about that when we have to bring him in come Saturday...

Offline hOrZa

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #5 on: December 05, 2007, 17:43:35 PM »
My boys are hyper about 11.30pm it must drive my neigbours mad with all the bolting up and down the stairs :)
Cats are like little bundles of razor blades wrapped in soft fur.

Offline Rchappers

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: December 05, 2007, 17:31:14 PM »

The type of natures best I got is just brown, no colourants.  The boys go nuts for any brand of biiscuits, I suppose they are just slaves to their stomachs  :rofl:

There's a couple of pics on this thread of them...

http://www.purrsinourhearts.co.uk/index.php?topic=10239.0

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: December 05, 2007, 17:17:15 PM »
Has natures best got colourants in it? I was surprised when i saw what that brand looked like, i wouldnt have guessed it being a 'premium' brand from the funny colours.

My lot always charge around before going to bed, they are most active 8pm - 10pm

I love the names, have you any pics?

Offline DaveD

• Super Cat
    • Tinting History
  • Slave to: Bramble and Lily
« Reply #2 on: December 05, 2007, 13:03:58 PM »
I think it's more likely the time than the food. Daylight is for sleeping, as far as cats are concerned. My lot often go mad in the evening. It's sometimes difficult to get them in, especially if I've not noticed the night drawing in (I try and get them in while it's full daylight.) They get fed the same food, more or less, throughout the day.

Offline Rchappers

• Adult Cat
Feeding and Hyperactivity
« Reply #1 on: December 05, 2007, 12:56:24 PM »
Hi Everyone, I have a feeding question.  My two boys are being a fed a packet each of wet food at 8am and 6pm right now which is going well, although Achilles being the bigger of the two always tries to get some of Hektors dinner too.  Then at around 9.30 - 10pm I spread a couple of handfuls of natures best biscuits around the place for them to track down and enjoy.  It's like they are addicted to the biscuits though, they go absolutely mad for them gobbling them up and then for about an hour afterwards they are completely hyper chasing each other through every room in the flat. 

I always expected them to have a mad half hour each night but it's like the biccies set them off like when you give kids too many sweets !  I expect you will all say this is completely normal but it's just nice to have my mind put at rest.  ;)

Link to CatChat