Author Topic: Aldi treats - Webbox only better?  (Read 3550 times)

Offline Topsy Turvey

• Hero Cat
Re: Aldi treats - Webbox only better?
« Reply #18 on: February 17, 2009, 14:25:42 PM »
Skye and Smartie love these.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #17 on: February 17, 2009, 14:04:12 PM »
My two love the Aldi treats and they are perfect for hiding tablets in as they are squishy.

Offline ems

• Super Cat
  • My two gorgeous girls, Nina (white) and Kiki
« Reply #16 on: February 17, 2009, 10:48:04 AM »
Oh ours LOVE the aldi treat sticks.

Nina (the feline bin) will eat most things but Kiki is quiet fussy and only really like temptations if they are having a treat but the Aldi sticks go down a storm in our house  :)

Offline Kay and Penny

• Auction Staff
  • Honorary Cat
« Reply #15 on: February 16, 2009, 23:34:42 PM »
I have a Webbox addict too, so thanks for the tip

I have used Hi-life salmon pate in the past as a pill disguise, but am lucky with Trigger and Tiffany, as at 8 and 6 and a half neither has ever needed the vet or any treatment for even a minor ailment
Robert A. Heinlein:
How you behave toward cats here below determines your status in Heaven.

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #14 on: February 16, 2009, 22:58:38 PM »
Kylie has 3 sticks or so a day and she doesn't even have meds  :evillaugh:

Let me know if you want me to pick up the Aldi ones for you when I am in there next. I want to try their truffle stuffed pasta so will be going back soon.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 23:00:05 PM by Mark »
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #13 on: February 16, 2009, 22:33:18 PM »
My Bella has been taking her heart tablets in these treats for the last 3 yrs or so..So anything similar that works is great, but no good if they have gone hard as you cannot hide the tablet in them.. I buy loads when i go shopping as we get through a stick every 3 days or so.!
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #12 on: February 16, 2009, 21:14:53 PM »
I'm going to have try these, I use weebox to distract Charley while I brush him and Garfield just wolfes them down.

Have you tried putting the tablets in cheese spread helen, it always worked for Henry to the point where he would come find me at 5pm every day to remind me it was cheese time!

Dairylea/Primula is my normal trick but I think this tablet is so bitter (it's one tab broken into 4 so the insides are exposed) that he can smell it a mile off  :shify:

Offline Sheli_80

• Senior Cat
  • Slave to Henry and Charley
« Reply #11 on: February 16, 2009, 21:11:07 PM »
I'm going to have try these, I use weebox to distract Charley while I brush him and Garfield just wolfes them down.

Have you tried putting the tablets in cheese spread helen, it always worked for Henry to the point where he would come find me at 5pm every day to remind me it was cheese time!

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #10 on: February 16, 2009, 20:42:55 PM »
the Aldi ones are squashy (like Webbox  :evillaugh: )

I've just bought some Webbox to try and hide their tablets in as you mentioned it was squishy.  Can't remember what flavour the one they refused to eat was but this time I bought the salmon & trout one which is the same flavour as the Felix sticks he does like and the chicken liver for Lu as he doesn't like fish.

It was a resounding success for Riley  :wow: he swallowed his tablet concealed in a Webbox in a split second which is a massive improvement on this afternoons palava.  Lukey still looked at me like I was crazy and looked at the Webbox like it was poison  :innocent:

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #9 on: February 16, 2009, 17:53:57 PM »
Coshida is Lidl  :evillaugh: - they are quite hard whereas the Aldi ones are squashy (like Webbox  :evillaugh: )

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #8 on: February 16, 2009, 17:51:16 PM »
Yours are the Lidl ones Helen? - I ended up binning ours last week as none of mine will touch them.

I swear they are Aldi - just looked and they're called 'Coshida'.  I've only ever been to Lidl about 3 times and have been to Aldi loads of times so I'm sure I got them from Aldi.  Wherever I got them the main thing is that Riley looooves them :drool;

Edit: I just googled and, it's almost unheard of, but I was wrong  :evillaugh: Coshida is a Lidl brand  :-[  Will have to get some Aldi ones for them to try when they're feeling better
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 17:53:34 PM by Tiggy's Mum - Helen »

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2009, 17:47:14 PM »
Yours are the Lidl ones Helen? - I ended up binning ours last week as none of mine will touch them.

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2009, 17:17:50 PM »
So I guess Kylie could do the Marge and Butter test then Mark  :naughty: :Luv2: :rofl:

Love the pics of Riley - not gonna let go with those claws bless him.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #5 on: February 16, 2009, 17:08:55 PM »
Our Billy goes mad for em but strangely Freddie and Noni don't care for them.

Just thought..... I'll try Newbies out now.... yup all 3 newbies liked that rather a lot .  .  .  yum  :drool;

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Royal Cat
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2009, 16:56:48 PM »
Riley won't touch the Webbox ones but will have your arm off for the Aldi ones, I tried them on Helena's recommendation once. He also loves the Felix sticks but Lu won't even lick any of them.  He's a tempatuions boy through and through.

Riley with his Aldi Peperami

Offline clarenmax

• FIV & FELV/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • My Bridge Baby Max, October 2000 - July 2009 xxx
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2009, 16:41:43 PM »
They smell as bad as the Webbox ones too  :evillaugh:

Max chomps them down just the same!

Make custom Glitter Graphics

Poot, adopted 14th August 2009. I'm sure Maxy sent you to me sweetie xx

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2009, 16:40:13 PM »
Oooo next time I'm in town I'll have to get some of those for Miss Boopy to try as she will climb up you to get the Webbox stick if you don't get it out of the wrapper and put it on the floor fast enough  :evillaugh:
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
Aldi treats - Webbox only better?
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2009, 16:23:09 PM »
I went into Aldi for the first time today. I picked up their treats that look like Webbox expecting them to be hard like the Lidl ones but they felt soft like Webbox  :shify: - I checked the flavours and they are also the same as Webbox  :shify: - then I noticed the slit to tear them open is the same  :shify: - the only difference I could see was Aldi ones have 10 strips but Webbox, only 6  :shify: - When I got home, I compared the packaging, it also looks the same  :shify: - the only difference I could see was with the Webbox Salmon & trout, it says min 4% salmon, min 4%% trout. The Aldi ones say min 8% Salmon, min 8% trout - so if anything they are better. I then did the Kylie test. She nearly took my finger off as she does with Webbox. When I have tried to fool her with Lidl ones, she spits them out  :evillaugh:
« Last Edit: February 16, 2009, 16:45:39 PM by Mark »

Link to CatChat