Cat Rescue & Rehoming > Rescue & Rehoming General

The 'joys' of animal rescue!

(1/2) > >>

Judecat (Paula):

--- Quote from: Desley (booktigger) on May 03, 2017, 19:39:15 PM ---I have to say I'm glad I just foster cats now and don't have to deal with phone calls and emails. As our phone line was at my house, I was always surprised at what time people thought it was acceptable to ring the cat rescue.

Nothing to do with rescues, but when my ex and I had our own business we had an extension in the bedroom. You would not believe the number of drunk people that decided at 3 am they suddenly needed a bike license.  :censored:

Did get our own back though :evillaugh:, having to get up at 6 to sort out kids and the business of the day, the first thing I would do was to call them back, strangely enough, they suddenly had changed their minds. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

--- End quote ---

Gill (sneakiefeline):
I COULD NEVER WORK IN RESCUE, JUST GOT TOO THIN A SKIN AND RIGHT NOW MY OWN CATS CUTTING ME UP COS THEY HAVE GROWN UP HERE FROM TERRIFIED SCARED CATS AND AS PAULA KNO2WS SASA IS NOW A DARLING BUT HAS TAKEN 9 ;OMG YEARS TO BRING HER ROUND.

LUPIN JUST SO WANTS TO GO OUT SIDE EVEN WITH HIS JACKET ON AND IS QUITE DOWN AT PRESENT, HAVE NEVR KNOWN LOO[Y SO DOWN AND I AM NOT EVEN IN A POSITION TO BE ABLE TO PLAY WITH HIM.

MAYBE WITH THE WHEEL CHAIR THAT WILL AT LEAST LEY ME SIT OIUT FOR A BIT AND LEY HIM ROAM FRONT GQRDEN ALTHOUGH JE NHATES THE TRAFFIC BUT BEST I CAN DO NEXT WEEK.

Desley (booktigger):
I have to say I'm glad I just foster cats now and don't have to deal with phone calls and emails. As our phone line was at my house, I was always surprised at what time people thought it was acceptable to ring the cat rescue.

Judecat (Paula):
That last one brought tears to my eyes. :'( Horrible to think of it, I can't imagine not looking after my animals throughout their lifetimes.

Sue P (Paddysmum):
 :evillaugh: :evillaugh: :evillaugh:   Gawd ain't that the truth!!

Especially the one about giving any new rescue pet (and any existing pets in the family) time to adjust.  I shudder when I think how close we came to taking the Gurlies back to WA and it would have been such a mistake.  In our case, we had nothing against which to benchmark our progress, and didn't realise that we weren't doing as badly as we feared.   I don't think we'd bled that much in years and years.   :-:

Those little scraps are so happy now in their own ways, I can't bear to think they may have been split up, or that one of them may have been deemed harder to home than the other.  We were far luckier than we deserved, and I'm so thankful for that.    You and your colleagues at WA do an amazing job, as do volunteers in rescues up and down the country, including wor Sheila.   :shy:

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version