Author Topic: Joe & Jills cat food  (Read 1681 times)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Joe & Jills cat food
« Reply #10 on: August 11, 2007, 20:00:20 PM »
Well i never got a reply about the phos content  >:( but have got myself a free sample  ;D

The ingredients are:
Chicken 45%
Fish 30%
Lamb 10%
Water
Ox Liver 5%
Vitamins & Minerals

Typical Analysis:
Protein 14%
Fat 10%
Ash 3.4%
Fibre 2.5%
Moisture 70%

So Mark can do some of his maths for Clapton.

The reason behind the odd weight of 125g is that it feeds an average 3.5kg cat for a day. The high meat content gives all the neccessaries in a smaller amount, so good for small eaters.

It looks like natures menu but in a plastic tray like Olli.
Im sure the taste test will go fine  :evillaugh:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2007, 13:42:39 PM »
I noticed that and wondered if you were trying to bump clapton off  :rofl:

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2007, 13:39:55 PM »
Thanks  ;D

I noticed typo on message before - should have been if it ISN'T too high  :evillaugh:
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: July 19, 2007, 11:58:48 AM »
Have done mark  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #6 on: July 19, 2007, 11:30:48 AM »
Im going to email for the ingredients list, should be perfect for the price! The dry goes down well too.

Please can you ask them for the phosphorus content while you're at it as it may be a good one to give clapton if its high quality - as long as the phosophorus is too high.

Thanks

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #5 on: July 19, 2007, 10:51:36 AM »
I saw the dry in sainsburys for the first time a few weeks ago.  When it first came out I looked but couldn't see it anywhere.  I'm guessing sainsburys will sell the wet if they sell the dry.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: July 19, 2007, 10:47:02 AM »
Im going to email for the ingredients list, should be perfect for the price! The dry goes down well too.

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2007, 10:34:39 AM »
125g seems an odd size.  Too big for one average serving but not quite enough for 2.  Foods that have more meat in them do often have smaller serving size (75-80g usually) but even by that criteria they are too small for 2 servings.  Mind you, Mosi has half servings of wet topped by dry so one pouch would do Jaffa one meal and Mosi one meal.  Price wise they are about the same as applaws (about 70p per 100g).  I'll keep a look out for them and if the ingredients look good I'd try them.  Wouldn't be an everyday food at that price though  ;D

Offline Mark

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2007, 10:05:01 AM »
Expensive - would cost £5 a day to feed one cat at that price as they aren't much bigger than a pouch - 125grams compared to a  100gram pouch. So with 3 cats, approx £100 a week on food alone  :Crazy:

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
Joe & Jills cat food
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2007, 09:56:42 AM »
Are now making a wet version  ;D they are complete and cost £8.90 for 10 or £17.80 for 20 with free p+p.

http://www.petskitchen.co.uk/product-lists.asp?productTypeID=8&productCatName=Joe+%26+Jill%26%2339%3Bs+Wet+Foods

Link to CatChat