Author Topic: The sink obsession grows  (Read 2093 times)

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
Re: The sink obsession grows
« Reply #14 on: January 15, 2010, 22:18:55 PM »
Oh gosh, Harry loves water, I often find him asleep in the bathroom sink  :shocked: Although I bought a water fountain, he still is adament on using the bathroom sink  :doh:
[/color]

I wonder if it's anything to do with the sound and the feel of the wind in the plug hole?  Smudge used to put his nose to the plug hole and try to put his paw down it.

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #13 on: January 15, 2010, 17:58:26 PM »
Isnt it weird Lola being Harry's sis also, now Milly their mum has started drinking from the kitchen tap....Gizzy has no intrest whatsoever!  :shocked: :Luv2:

Offline CC & The Pussycat Guys & Dolls

• Royal Cat
  • Ollie Bonga
« Reply #12 on: January 15, 2010, 17:25:07 PM »
Oh gosh, Harry loves water, I often find him asleep in the bathroom sink  :shocked: Although I bought a water fountain, he still is adament on using the bathroom sink  :doh:
Just because your out of sight, does not mean your out of mind <3

Offline tab

• Super Cat
  • Slave to Amber
« Reply #11 on: January 15, 2010, 15:35:51 PM »
Amber gets in the bathroom sink so she can see what Im doing which isnt helpful if Im about to have a wash or something. She doesnt like the water on though.
Great pictures
love
Tab

Offline Ann Clarke (Tabby cat)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Dylan 1999 (approx) - 26/12/09. Love you forever.
    • Gateshead CP
  • Slave to: Hobbes and Luna
« Reply #10 on: January 15, 2010, 13:20:07 PM »
Yep another sink and tap obssesive here  :rofl: In the kitchen Hobbes sits and waits for me to turn the tap on and it has to be at just the right volume for him to drink it, too much water and he's not interested. He's also obsessed with the bathroom sink and can regularly be found sitting in it trying to drink from the tap. He'd get a shock if he managed it though because downstairs the right hand tap is cold but upstairs its the hot one  :rofl:

Offline maryas

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • SUPERMUM to BONNIE
« Reply #9 on: January 15, 2010, 13:05:26 PM »
Just look at the faces on Dave and Lola - thye both just want you to go away and leave them to play.

Bonnie's never gone near the sinks but Smudge would sit in the sink every time I was sat on the loo and I would run the tap for him to get  adrink.  :Luv2:

Mary
Love me, love my cat - don't love my cat... S*D off! R.I.P Smudgie - sleep well my precious little darling, I miss you so much. 01.02.94-15.04.08 x Look after the beautiful Bonnie Bum, I took her pain away 02.04.15 x Tisha was with me 3 weeks and then I had to take her pain away 1.7.15 x

Offline Fire Fox

• Hero Cat
  • Slave to: Tallulah & Bridge boy Noah Pesto-chops
« Reply #8 on: January 15, 2010, 11:27:49 AM »
From a cat's perspective, taps must be quite perplexing. Sometimes water comes out and sometimes not ....  :shocked: They are programmed to be interested in movement; water moves yet seems to stay the same and can't be pinned down like prey. Don't know if that makes any sense to anyone but me!!
:'( My beautiful Noah rescued 13/02/09, adopted 11/10/09, taken 11/02/11 :'( You deserved so much more.
Lulu's Catbook
http://apps.facebook.com/catbook/profile/view/10311818

Offline Janeyk

• Rescue & Rehoming/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: January 15, 2010, 07:31:45 AM »
Byron is water mad! I can't even have a glass of water but she's pawing to get at it.
Please consider the harder to home cats in rescue.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #6 on: January 15, 2010, 03:11:34 AM »
My Lola follows me round for any water source she can get!!!  :sneaky:

[attachment deleted by admin]

Offline AliCat

• Super Cat
  • Slave to: Tachi and Akamaru.
« Reply #5 on: January 14, 2010, 21:13:30 PM »
Akamaru definitely has a tap obsession. I keep finding him in the bathroom sink.... he doesn't seem such a fan of the kitchen though.  :rofl:
« Last Edit: January 14, 2010, 21:13:55 PM by NotSoKittyNewbie »

Offline Baby British

• Adult Cat
« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2010, 21:01:05 PM »
Ditto Marley with the whole sink/bath obsession thing. Weird.

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2010, 20:41:58 PM »
Dave and I have a game in the bathroom sink where he lies in the sink and I turn the tap on to a steady dribble, he lets it run on him for a good while then stands up at which point I turn it on a bit more and he plays with the water till his paws get too slippy and he jumps down. We do this at least once a day :evillaugh:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2010, 20:34:29 PM »
Darwin does the exact same thing. He also lies in the bath full length after I've had a bath!

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Feline Costumier

• Honorary Cat
The sink obsession grows
« Reply #1 on: January 14, 2010, 20:08:05 PM »
Dave is obsessed with taps and sinks and spends a lot of his time sitting in or next to them, he is particularly fascinated by the goings on in the kitchen sink when the washing machine is on, flying from wherever he is to the sink as soon as it starts to drain. He's never put more than his two front feet in the kitchen sink before though..................until now :evillaugh: Maybe he's going to start doing the dishes for me :sneaky:

Link to CatChat