Author Topic: Poor Royal Mail delivery times  (Read 7687 times)

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Re: Poor Royal Mail delivery times
« Reply #11 on: March 04, 2008, 12:41:26 PM »
Hi  Thanks for the tip  :) Did check the courier prices and they were alot more esp if we have one small item  to post out, with Royal mail the min charge would be 24p 2nd class but the couriers £'s to send.

I would say that most of the parcels get delivered on time and reach the address correctly but some do not as for example Jackie's tunnel has just arrived after being sent 1st class on 17th January, Uk address !!!
We have always had a refund from the PO so far however this takes about 4 weeks to come through.
I hope no more parcels go missing!

Offline CharlieFarley

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: March 03, 2008, 16:14:53 PM »
How much is the Purrs shop shipping out?  It may be cost effective to go with a courier like UPS if you're shipping out a decent volume - much more reliable than RM!!

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #9 on: February 07, 2008, 19:05:32 PM »
Did I mention that the reason this is done is because he generally gets here around 1 in the afternoon, when I am long gone ....?

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #8 on: February 07, 2008, 18:57:14 PM »
mine is lovely. Leaves small parcels in my brown bin (as per instructions) and smaller ones in my hanging basket (also as per instructions) and writes a wee note to let me know he has done it .... ;D He also redirects the previous owners mail for me so I don;t have to bother ... ;D  A lovely man! :Luv:

Phwoar BC...what yer waiting for....there's nowt like an early riser!  :evillaugh:

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #7 on: February 06, 2008, 17:46:40 PM »
Yeah a free Da Bird they got bloomin cheek hey!  The PO did give Purrs a refund for the replacement one sent to MM so at least they admitted it that time. I hope they will do the same for the three lost forms i have ongoing at the mo.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: February 06, 2008, 15:30:12 PM »
Or in my case they deliver quickly and leave a note saying it was returned to the depot never to be seen again, someone out there has a da bird they shouldnt have  >:(
Thieving temps  >:( >:(

Offline blackcat

• Moderating/Auction Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Home of Smidgen, Sebastian and Billy.
« Reply #5 on: February 04, 2008, 20:22:15 PM »
mine is lovely. Leaves small parcels in my brown bin (as per instructions) and smaller ones in my hanging basket (also as per instructions) and writes a wee note to let me know he has done it .... ;D He also redirects the previous owners mail for me so I don;t have to bother ... ;D  A lovely man! :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #4 on: February 04, 2008, 20:20:08 PM »
The latest thing round here is the postman knocks on the door and then puts parcel outside door and runs up the road, climbing over all the walls.

By the time I get from upstairs to downstairs he is totally out of sight.

The one time I managed to catch him at the door recently cos the parcel needed signing  for, he had just written the slip and was about to leave and was too out of breath to talk!

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
« Reply #3 on: February 04, 2008, 19:01:46 PM »
 :rofl: and i know the Greek post is slow  :rofl:  :innocent:

Offline Canterbury_cats (Sharon)

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Super Cat
  • Leo(Bridge babe 4/10) & Bella my darling Siamese
    • http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk
« Reply #2 on: February 04, 2008, 08:17:28 AM »
Hi Tan
When the auction was on i posted three parcles in the UK and two to Greece.. The Greece ones arrived before ALL the UK ones... what does that tell you...!

Anyhows, abit of thread but i know what you are saying..
Cannot save the world, but if everyone does something we can have a jolly good job trying too....

Canterbury & District Cats Protection
http://www.canterbury.cats.org.uk

Please use our VetUK link on the Home Page of our website.
We want your old used inkjets & mobile phones!

Offline Tan

• Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
Poor Royal Mail delivery times
« Reply #1 on: February 03, 2008, 22:49:12 PM »
Ever since we opened the purrs shop, i have realli noticed how poor the Royal mail 1st and 2nd class service is getting. 

1st class chould be with you within 2 working days and 2nd class 4 working days but lately some deliveries are taking up to 10 days or more for 1st class which is awful. It really makes me angry  >:(

One package i send 1st class on the 17th Jan still has not been delivered  >:( :-:

Can anyone let me know if their package has been over 5 days in arriving  and i may be able to claim for delayed mail and get compensation. We have to proove when the mail was delkivered, so for any parcels that the postie has to knock on your door for (ie to big for letter box) and which are more than 5 days to arrive from the date on the postage label,   can ya ask him to write the days date on the package and sign it so we have proof when it got to you.

:hug: :thanks:

« Last Edit: February 03, 2008, 22:50:55 PM by Tan »

Link to CatChat