Author Topic: Tabbyfur - Slave Christine (Blip)  (Read 3198 times)

Offline Felix (Caroline)

• Hero Cat
  • Simba
Re: Tabbyfur - Slave Christine (Blip)
« Reply #7 on: June 19, 2007, 15:30:53 PM »
R I P Tabbyfur, Yes Tan she would of felt the love you gave her :Luv:
Caroline xx

Offline Littlebobo

• Hero Cat
  • Yumi, Moggchops, Mister and Chalky !!!
« Reply #6 on: May 20, 2007, 20:00:18 PM »
What a gorgeous girl she was ..please dont blame yourself she knew how much she was loved ..Perhaps she knew it was her time hence sitting on your lap.

RIP Tabbyfur xx
Fuss me Fuss me ..Come on I have things to do like Eating and sleeping !

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #5 on: May 20, 2007, 12:06:03 PM »
What a gorgeous girl - and it isn't sad that she sat on your knee for the first time the day before, it showed that however short her time was with you, she knew love and responded to it, so it is a wonderful thing that she had that chance, they aren't all that lucky. She would have been much more uncomfortable without your intervention. RIP little one.
Please spay your cat

Offline Baggy

• Hero Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 14, 2007, 22:15:55 PM »
I think that TabbyFur and the Proot will be talking on the bridge, saying how glad they were to find love and security in the time they had with us  :Luv:

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: May 14, 2007, 20:02:53 PM »
Oh Tabbyfur what a gorgeous girl and I am sure you understood that humans were kind and one especially.

I bet you are playing hard on the Bridge, have fun and send your slave a rainbow to say you fine.

Offline Gail Bengal Slave

• Moderating Staff
  • Super Cat
  • My Darling Zak
« Reply #2 on: May 14, 2007, 15:00:10 PM »
What a GORGEOUS girl she was.
She was shown love  - and you should take comfort that she was not alone when she went to the bridge.

RIP Tabby Fur, play hard and chase those butterflies, you are loved by us all xxxxxxxxxx

A Meow Massages your heart.

Offline Tan

• Administrator/Shop Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
    • Purrs Forum & Shop
  • Slave to: Marl, Garf, mr Blue, Gizzymo, Rio,Ochi,Ben, Bow & Arnie
Tabbyfur - Slave Christine (Blip)
« Reply #1 on: May 14, 2007, 13:37:18 PM »
TabbyFur

During the Summer of 1999, a little tabby cat started visiting our garden.  We knew absolutely nothing about cats in those days and assumed she must belong to a neighbour.  However, her visits grew increasingly frequent and one evening, I gave her a piece of the chicken we were eating - followed by several others.  TabbyFur moved in to our garden permanently on that day.

We quickly won a measure of TabbyFur's trust and got her to the vet.  She had fleas, worms and earmites, all of which we were obviously able to sort out for her.  Her fur was so matted, it had to be shaved.  She had a heart condition and the vet prescribed beta blockers.

TabbyFur gradually moved indoors but she was only with us for a little while before she had a massive heart attack.  Her end was quick, but to this day I blame myself because she died in the car on the way back from a veterinary check up.  Although perfectly calm on the way to the surgery, she was always deeply distressed on the return journey.  I realised too late that she may have been dumped from a car by her previous owner, perhaps following her heart disease diagnosis.  If I had known we had an excellent vet just around the corner, she would not have been in the car at all.

I try to take consolation from the fact that she had security, shelter and regular meals for a little while and that at least she would have felt much better for her various treatments.  But one of the saddest parts of TabbyFur's story is that she sat on my lap for the first time the day before she died.

xx our TabbyFur

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: May 15, 2007, 09:50:51 AM by Christine (Blip) »

Link to CatChat