Author Topic: Hey everybody!  (Read 3786 times)

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
Re: Hey everybody!
« Reply #13 on: June 27, 2013, 18:55:08 PM »
 :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome: :welcome:
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline deebee

• Kitten
  • Slave to: Boots
« Reply #12 on: June 27, 2013, 17:10:14 PM »
Socks was the sweetest thing ever with me! He was fine with and every other animal in my home, except Boots. I thought he was going to kill her the way they went on  :Crazy: good luck with your kitten hehe!

Offline Ralph's mum (angie)

• Super Cat
  • Rainbow Bridge Babies Bob, Max and Ralph 🌈💔
  • Slave to: Harvey and Ruby the mutts!!
« Reply #11 on: June 27, 2013, 15:28:48 PM »
 :welcome:
Ive just recently returned after being catless for a while but on monday mayhem returned when we got Ralph 6 wks old and full of mischief he keeps the dogs in check though.

Socks looks like my Mad Max and sound like he has the same temperment as well in the 4 years i had him never a day went passed when he didnt have a go at me i was forever covered in bites bruises and scratches.
Think people will remember my tales of him  :rofl:
Cats don't come when they are called,
They take a message and get back to you later.
                           Wilfred P. Lampton

Offline deebee

• Kitten
« Reply #10 on: June 27, 2013, 15:00:06 PM »
Thank you! I am currently helping out a parrot rescue at the moment so I have my hands full for the time being but I will definitely be having more cats. At first I thought it was because he was an older kitten who only recently got castrated so he was trying to have his way with her and she was simply saying no way but it just seemed too violent. A lot of the time it was simply just vocal, no contact what so ever but when there was contact it was explosive. I would love to perhaps foster with the option of adopting to see how Boots got on. But yeah, Socks was lovely besides that :( he was very gentle and loved a good head rub

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #9 on: June 27, 2013, 12:24:23 PM »
What a handsome chap Socks is, it must have broken your heart to have to let him go  :'(  It sounds as if you did exactly the best thing for both cats though. I'm sure some of the experts on here will be able to give some friendly advice about getting, and introducing, another cat.

Offline deebee

• Kitten
« Reply #8 on: June 27, 2013, 11:59:35 AM »
Thanks everybody for the warm welcome  :shy:

I too love long haired cats. She's only semi, but she has this great puffy tail haha! Up until recently I took in a rescue cat (not a rehome, he was found left in a flat after everybody had moved out and was extremely emaciated) called Socks. He was given to me as an emergency home and I wasn't sure whether I was going to foster him or not but I got him vaccinated and castrated, fattened him up to a normal looking cat and tried to introduce him to Boots. He was horrible to her, regardless of how we approached it  :( I was determined to keep him but he really, really did need to go to a home where he could be the only cat as he begun attacking her to the point where I kept getting hurt trying to break them up. I managed to find him a new home with a lovely couple who had recently lost a dog and didn't have any cats at all, I still get regular updates and I am aloud to visit him whenever I want to. I cried and cried for weeks over him. He was a fantastic boy around people, around my dog and around all of my other animals but he just would not put up with her. She would be sitting on the sofa and next thing I know he'd be on top of her trying to scratch her eyes out and bite her!!! Heart breaking!

This is Socks. I took the photo when I got him his first ever collar

I would love to take in another cat but I'm a bit nervous about the same happening again. Has anybody had a similar situation to that? It was just so hard, especially when he was so cuddly and nice to me, always sitting on my lap and purring. Boots however tries to kill me when I'm on the stairs  :censored:

Thanks again!

Offline Big Cat Lover

• Distinguished Cat
  • Slave to: Lucky (also Tiger and Gypsy RIP)
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2013, 11:05:44 AM »
Hi and  :welcome: to Purrs. Boots is absolutely adorable! I also love black and white cats; my current cat, Lucky is a black and white as was my Bridge Baby Gypsy.  ;D
Do not walk in front of me, I will not follow
Do not walk behind me, I will not lead
Just walk beside me and be my friend

Offline Tiggy's Mum

• Save a life draw/Commercial Assistant/Moderating Staff
  • Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 23, 2013, 21:38:03 PM »

:welcome: to Purrs   ;D

Glad you've found us, I'm sure you'll enjoy it here.  It really is a very friendly forum with lots of friendly helpful advice, if ever needed, and of course lots of fun.

I do feel it my public duty to warn you though that it can be a teensy bit addictive  :Crazy: You have been warned  :evillaugh:

Boots is absolutely adorable, I love her little black nose  :Luv2:

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
  • Slave to: Sky. Bridge babies Candy, Stripey, Chivers, Punky, Cleo and Alfie forever loved.
« Reply #5 on: June 23, 2013, 19:36:35 PM »
Hi and :welcome:
Boots is gorgeous :Luv2: :Luv2: Love B/W long hair cats :)

We are getting one of those tomorrow  :briggin:

Offline kittiesmom

• Adult Cat
  • Slave to: scooby & tilly. My Wildcats.
« Reply #4 on: June 23, 2013, 19:26:47 PM »
 :welcome: Hi Deebee and Boots,  She is just so cute. :Luv2: Lovely colour and beautiful eyes. I am Jackie and my two kitts are Tilly and Scooby. Hope you enjoy this forum as much as I do. :catluv:
until you love a cat you haven't loved.

Offline pappilon

• Honorary Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 23, 2013, 17:59:09 PM »
Hi and :welcome:
Boots is gorgeous :Luv2: :Luv2: Love B/W long hair cats :)

Offline Lyn (Slugsta)

• Royal Cat
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2013, 16:46:35 PM »
Hello and  :welcome: to both of you.

Offline deebee

• Kitten
Hey everybody!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2013, 16:21:47 PM »
Heya guys :) just trying to find my way around the forum but I'm sure I will get the hang of it

I currently have one very beautiful, bossy little madam called Boots (AKA Bootycat, Bootsy, Madam Boots etc.) and I think I should share a few photos of her you all 

She's a 4 year old rehome who I got from somebody who could no longer keep her. She's a wonderful girl, but VERY sassy  :shify:

Link to CatChat