Author Topic: we seem to have a cure for mango  (Read 2142 times)

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
Re: we seem to have a cure for mango
« Reply #8 on: June 14, 2007, 21:58:38 PM »

isnt it a special dose she has anyway , surley i cant just buy any non drowsey one for humans

Some human medicines can be lethal for cats - even for the safe ones, the dose would be a lot smaller. No idea how much smaller though
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline Mark

• Purrs Registered Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Clapton
    • AnimalAid - Support Humane Charities
« Reply #7 on: June 14, 2007, 21:55:53 PM »
I was wondering about the new era tablets for allergies as they are non-chemical homeopathic. Also you get 450 tablets for about £4.50 - compared to the others where you only get 7 in a pack for 99p if you are lucky.

http://www.mypharmacy.co.uk/alternative_medicines/medicines/n/new%20era/new_era_hayfever_tablets.htm
DO NOT BREED OR BUY WHILE SHELTER ANIMALS DIE

I believe I am not interested to know whether Vivisection produces results that are profitable to the human race or doesn't. To know that the results are profitable to the race would not remove my hostility to it.  Mark Twain

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 14, 2007, 21:29:46 PM »
im not sure how much it is a insurance job along with everything eles shes had done

i am a little mad cause the vets told me to go pick em up after 10am , i got a babysitter and went to hairdressers then to the vets , it takes 15 mins to get there and they hadnt done it she said that the vet needed to check it and the nurse to print the labels and he was consulting so i could waite 20 mins or go back
now i have to go back in the morn as i needed also to get my job application in at the other vets

im sooo mad and now will have to go back with the girls before we go to scotland in the morn  >:(

isnt it a special dose she has anyway , surley i cant just buy any non drowsey one for humans

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 14, 2007, 18:33:37 PM »
Piriton always make me feel crap so i know how she feels  :hug:

If your insurance isnt paying then most generic antihistamines are dirt cheap in tesco/wilko  ;D

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2007, 15:02:29 PM »
how much is he charging you sash ? remember these are available at chemist non prescrip

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #3 on: June 14, 2007, 14:10:17 PM »
mm well the 1st time i rung vet after 3 days and said she had not come out from behind sofa only to eat and use litter , he said to leave her a week as sleepyness may wear off , but after 4 days i couldnt let her be like it anymore so had to insist she have non drowsey
he said he has had to order then so im on mi way to hairdressers and to pick em up

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 10:45:59 AM »
you get "non drowsy" piriton or equivalent sasha so try that, also with the antihistamines you cant "play around" with the dosage providing you stay within the max dose of course.

good news shes having some relief though, thats the main thing.

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
we seem to have a cure for mango
« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 10:29:12 AM »
 :wow: well mano has been in the cat run last week but her brething was so bad she had to go for a steriod inj and i suggested that as all the tests they had done were neg they could try piriton as she was much worse outside i thought it might be allergys
anyway he agreed to put her on piriton 2 times a day , she has been having it for 5 days and her wheezing and snorting has practically stopped  :wow: but she has been so drowsey and has not moved from down the side of the sofa for 4 days not asleep but spaced out 
i have told the vet she could noit have it and he has ordered in a non drowsey antistamine which i am picking up today

i really hope she carrys on with this progress it will be nice to see her beable to play withput snorting and weezing , she has been playing today having no piriton however she has been in a state again

keep ya paws pressed for her  :doh: she really needs to have a normall life
« Last Edit: June 14, 2007, 10:31:40 AM by COSMIC CREEPERS »

Link to CatChat