Author Topic: mangos breathing probs  (Read 2435 times)

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
Re: mangos breathing probs
« Reply #12 on: June 10, 2007, 21:39:56 PM »
well mango has been out today and has wheezed and snorted but not as much , and when she came in she chased a fly round the room for 10 mins and not one snort or wheeze which is very odd
i hope we get a good day tomorrow

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #11 on: June 10, 2007, 17:25:36 PM »
This is what i find most sad about breeds such as the persian, they cant live normal lifes because of how they are designed  :(

My Persians all live a normal life MM -  probably more normal than many cats, they run and cliimb and play outside in the fresh air. A couple of them wheeze and snuffle a bit, but thats because they had cat flu a while ago, and one of them wheeze's a bit when he runs - but it don't stop him from racing up and down the garden like a mad thing!  ;D

Cosmic, hope it is something simple like hayfever, be interesting to hear if it does the trick, hope so.  ;D

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2007, 23:27:09 PM »
sol fabian an foofoo are so georeouse and i wanted anouther persian for me and mango but am scared of the breathing prob now so we are going for a ragdoll
i do love mango though , more than anything (except the kids lol )

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2007, 23:18:49 PM »
Yeh not been around much - had a lot on my plate with Fabes :(

Fingers crossed the tablets work for her  ;)

xxxx

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2007, 23:16:58 PM »
hello candice long time no speek , your not on here much now , i used to speek to you on cc

well i took mango and he had to give her a steriod injec to calm her brething down she was in a state . Anyway he agreed as he has done all tests he was going to put her on 2 piiton a day for 2 wk , he said to keep her in for 3 days to help her breathing settle . no windows open and then to try her outside when piriton has kicked in and to do a little trial for a hour at a time outside

im actually praying this is whats wrong as it will be easy to treat

fingers crossed for her

Offline candyshandy

• Senior Cat
  • Sol, Fabian and Foofoo
« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2007, 20:02:39 PM »
This is what i find most sad about breeds such as the persian, they cant live normal lifes because of how they are designed  :(

How did you get on at the vets Cosmic? I hope the piriton helps her

That's a bit of a generalisation!

I have 3 persians and they don't have breathing problems - they are currently lying in the long grass breathing freely.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2007, 19:23:17 PM »

How did you get on at the vets Cosmic? I hope the piriton helps her

Offline Nick (Peanut & Boo)

• Distinguished Cat
« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2007, 14:38:02 PM »
poor mango that must be worrying for you. My peanut has always wheezed when sleeping and I have taken him for various tests but they find nothing. I had never considered allergies or intolerance before.
The only way to be sure I suppose is to isolate mango for a couple of days and see if there is any improvement. Does it seem to be worse in the early spring /summer than other seasons ?

Offline Desley (booktigger)

• Cat Rescue
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Molly, my wonderful babe
  • Slave to: Lucy
« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2007, 14:32:33 PM »
Aww, fingers crossed they give her something that works.
Please spay your cat

Offline Sam (Fussy_Furball)

• Marketing/Lost&Found/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Foxy (RIP), Zephyr (RIP), Rosina (RIP) & Oliver
« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2007, 11:31:55 AM »
It could be hayfever Ruth .... One of my Mum's  tonks suffers with hayfever ... although it's not confirmed she alwasy seems to have breathing difficulties at the same time each each year ... and our vet has put it down to mild hayfever.  She was given antihistamine and it sorts her out (until next year!)
In ancient times cats were worshiped as gods; they have not forgotten this.

Offline Bazsmum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Bazzy Bazilla
    • The Animal Rescue Site
« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2007, 10:29:55 AM »
Aw......hope the piriton works.....must be so frustrating for you both  :hug:

Offline COSMIC CREEPERS

• Distinguished Cat
mangos breathing probs
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2007, 09:53:24 AM »
mango has had loads of tests over the past yr for breathing probs , snorting and wheezing , she has had blood tests allergy tests , lung washes, swabs but to no avail

anyway we have built a run for her to get fresh air this summer and she has been in it for 3 days running and whn i fetch her in she is in a right state she cannot breath properly and snorts really loud untill she has been back in the house for half hour , although she has had blood tests for allergy i am convinced she has hayfever or something so i am going back again this morn at 11.30 just to see if they will try her on some piriton

fingers crossed , im sure they think im mad but i dont care they done see her in this state

Link to CatChat