Author Topic: Teohs eye :o(  (Read 10669 times)

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
Re: Teohs eye :o(
« Reply #22 on: May 29, 2007, 13:34:59 PM »
it looks fab

i defo want one of them  ;)
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Team Svartalfheims

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
    • Svartalfheim's Norwegian Forest Cats
« Reply #21 on: May 29, 2007, 13:33:59 PM »
Brilliant thanks, think I will have to invest in one of those so Bilbo doesn't have to reverse into the tray lol like he does at the moment.
You can visit my cats at http://www.svartalfheim.co.uk 

Offline Jules_s

• Adult Cat
« Reply #20 on: May 29, 2007, 13:33:35 PM »
Methinks Debs has been hugging Teoh too much and has squished his little brain out though his eyeballs  :)
I'm a bloke :O)

Debs

« Reply #19 on: May 29, 2007, 13:28:35 PM »

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #18 on: May 29, 2007, 13:26:17 PM »
ah hem..i think somebody got bengly fever and forgot to add the link  :evillaugh:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Lexy - Queen of all Kittydom
« Reply #17 on: May 29, 2007, 13:25:18 PM »
ERm... Debs... where the link?  :evillaugh:

Debs

« Reply #16 on: May 29, 2007, 13:23:52 PM »
I bought Teoh the largest litter tray I could find with a lid and cat flap, it was marketed as big enough for two adult maine coons to turn around in at the same time!!!

Oooo where did you get it from? Have you got a link?

Hurrah!!!  :cheer: Found the link for you  ;D

I bought the red one, its enormous and its in the sale £21.90 down to £17.99 plus as a new customer you get £3 discount so it comes in at £14.99

My breeder was amazed at the size of it and had never seen one so big!!!! :omg:

Click on the review buttons and see the reviews, I must add one myself as it is seriously impressive

Thats where they mention the two maine coons  :yesss:

Hope you like it!!!!

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: May 29, 2007, 13:23:15 PM »
you also get little "anti tracking" mats to have just outside the litter tray which helps stop the litter being tracked through your floors.

This does of course only work if the little monkeys actually walk on the matts.  Stelly used to just dive out of the box, Pippa doesn't even touch the matt and Lexy.. well Lexy is the lady. its helped by her weaker back legs but she does walk over the mat and doesn't track... much!

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #14 on: May 29, 2007, 13:16:24 PM »
as much as i like wbcl i have been toying with the idea of just using pellets as cody has got on great with them, i have a new bag of wbcl though and that will last a couple of months.

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #13 on: May 29, 2007, 13:10:24 PM »
WBCL is lovely but not for me. Lexy just dived in it and I spent a week trying to get her to go to the loo again.. the corn constipated her (she kept licking her paws.. loved the stuff!).

Wood litter is not expensive and is great for large trays I must say, as the wood just puffs up where it was wet so you know what you're getting out.

And no. Lexy does not dance in it but I think that its less to do with her being a lady and more to do with her wanting OUT of the box as soon as possible!  :evillaugh:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #12 on: May 29, 2007, 13:07:52 PM »
bikes take priority in this house...well with SOMEbody in this house LOL but cars come a close second.  I myself am a "retired" bike owner and somehow ended up with a nearly 300bhp car wondering what my next one will be to "better" what i have  :evillaugh:

I am toying with the idea of a Maserati for my next car so they are vauxhual too..the only thing that puts me off is they are two door which isnt great for kids etc.

Debs

« Reply #11 on: May 29, 2007, 12:53:54 PM »

Thats a nice little vauhxuall jules has  ;)

:car:

He loves that car!!!!

Will be very pleased to see your comment! Wonder if many of you have a car as your avatar  :heeee heeee:

He loves Teoh more though  :Luv: :Luv: :Luv:

Offline CurlyCatz

• Purrrrrfect Cat
  • "Cody"
« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 12:45:49 PM »
doesnt sound like anything serious debs,  wipe it with cotton wool or similar and cooled boiled water, wiping from inside corner to the outside, never wipe with same area of cotton wool twice nor use same bud for both eyes.  It is also perfectly normal for any cat to have small spots of gunky stuff when they wake up just like us, obviously once its cleaned it shouldnt refill again.

RE the litter..many if us here use "worlds best cat litter"  its a biodegradable clumping litter so you can even flush it down the loo. ITs not cheap but we will vouch it is very very economical especially for only a 1 (or two lol) cats.  Also as you scoop the clumps the tray doesnt need to be emptyed and cleaned out every day.
http://www.mpmproducts.co.uk/default.asp?in_section=worlds_best&page=worlds_best

The biggest disadvantage is you have to get online really so you are best to do a "froogle" to see who is the cheapest at that time, the small size bag though lasts cody a good month so that is around £8 or 9 per month i think !!
He has also used some of that wood pellets lately and altho they arent clumping i have been impressed with it in the way of odur control etc..you also get little "anti tracking" mats to have just outside the litter tray which helps stop the litter being tracked through your floors.

Thats a nice little vauhxuall jules has  ;)

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #9 on: May 29, 2007, 12:45:10 PM »
World's Best Cat Litter is really good as well and it's soooo soft on their little feet. It's made from corn so it's biodegradable and fully flushable  ;D I think Pets at Home sell it but you can buy big bags direct from the company and they deliver to your door! The bags last absolutely ages so it's not as expensive as it might first look.

Info: http://www.mpmproducts.co.uk/default.asp?in_section=worlds_best&page=worlds_best

The online shop for it: http://www.mpmproducts.co.uk/acatalog/Worlds_Best_Cat_Litter.html

Debs

« Reply #8 on: May 29, 2007, 12:42:55 PM »
Hang on

Have bought Teoh so many things lately  :heeee heeee:

Will find the link and post it to you in a moe xxx

• Super Cat
  • Minxy Moo
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2007, 12:41:22 PM »
I bought Teoh the largest litter tray I could find with a lid and cat flap, it was marketed as big enough for two adult maine coons to turn around in at the same time!!!

Oooo where did you get it from? Have you got a link?

Debs

« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2007, 12:39:15 PM »
P.S. Lexy is far too much of a lady to dance in hers xxx  :Party 3:

Debs

« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2007, 12:37:27 PM »
Wood based litter sounds nice  :)

I think I will change his litter though as it is very hard to find, its called purrfect litter and is american clumping litter, grey gritty stuff. My breeders get it from Costco but they are members and i cannot find anywhere that sells it online and i dont have a car...

They are the best breeders in the world, they even brought him 4 more barrels of the stuff on their way to dinner the other evening and said to let them know if he runs out  :cheer:

But I do need to find one I can buy myself in the long run  :)

Jules has a lovely yet small sports car  :car: a vx220 which is not really suitable for transporting large heavy bags of cat litter  :rofl:

I bought Teoh the largest litter tray I could find with a lid and cat flap, it was marketed as big enough for two adult maine coons to turn around in at the same time!!! HUGE!!!! But it takes so much of the damn stuff  :doh:

Teoh is just a baby bengal but will be big when older and I have filled it nice and deep

Fingers crossed that was all it was Ruth

I will keep an eye out on his eye now, very concerned Mummy!

:ahh:

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2007, 12:17:04 PM »
That's probably it. You may find that if he keeps doing that you may want to change his litter but if he's doing well with what he has I don't see any other reason to.

Lexy has wood based litter and I get little bits of sawdust all over the place but thankfully she doesn't dance in it! You're right... eewwwww!

Debs

« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2007, 12:08:08 PM »
Is it bothering him Debs? Does it keep running or was it just something you cleaned off? Linda can advise better, I know some benglies do get gunky eyes but I could be talking off the top of my head.

Hello and  :thanks: Ruth for your quick response  :)

It is not bothering him at all and is not running. I have cleaned it all off and he seems fine, it did kind of coincide with his visit to his litter tray and he did step in some wet litter i have washed his foot too

This happened yesterday also, he has a great skill in the largest cat litter tray ever made of stepping in the wet stuff and trailing  it through the house , ewwww  :rofl:

He is now happy playing with his mice!!!! I will keep checking and hope no more appears it was like a blob of grey slime  :(

My poor baby xxx

Offline Kittybabe (Ruth)

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 12:02:49 PM »
Is it bothering him Debs? Does it keep running or was it just something you cleaned off? Linda can advise better, I know some benglies do get gunky eyes but I could be talking off the top of my head.

Debs

Teohs eye :o(
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 11:59:50 AM »
Hello there

I am at home today and Teoh has just come sdownstairs and had some grey slime on his right eye  :scared:

He let me wipe it off, I am not sure as its the same colour as the litter in his litter tray if its some that has got wet and rubbed on his eye (he has a habit of standing on the only wet part of his litter tray and getting googie on his paws  :(

I clean it every day and he is very clean but worried about his eye?

Any ideas?

Debs xxx

Link to CatChat