Author Topic: diarrhea  (Read 3604 times)

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
Re: diarrhea
« Reply #15 on: May 15, 2007, 12:51:25 PM »
awwww poor jess
the dog sounds like a menace  >:( >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(
id of gone mad
give jess a :hug:from me
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline Susanne (urbantigers)

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #14 on: May 15, 2007, 11:31:24 AM »
I hope you poured yourself a stiff drink when you got home!  :hug:

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
  • Slave to: Jess & Milo
« Reply #13 on: May 15, 2007, 11:14:05 AM »
Poor Jess - give him a chin scritch from me!  I hope he's better soon.  And what a horrible and stressful trip to the vets!  I hate it when there are dogs then when I take my 2, esp Jaffa.

Thank you  :thanks:

It was awful! It just made me feel worse about taking him as well and I ended up all upset last night as well as Jess  :scared:

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #12 on: May 15, 2007, 11:10:31 AM »
Poor Jess - give him a chin scritch from me!  I hope he's better soon.  And what a horrible and stressful trip to the vets!  I hate it when there are dogs then when I take my 2, esp Jaffa.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
« Reply #11 on: May 15, 2007, 11:00:06 AM »
Had a stressful day yesterday being a furbaby parents! We went to the vets with Jess I took half a days holiday but Hubby couldn’t so I had to take him on my own! I got home and managed to get him in the box not that he was too amused by it at all, but he didn’t bite or scratch me! We got to the vets and my arms were aching I didn’t realise that he was so heavy to carry, walked though the door and there was an elderly lady with a greyhound, I put Jess down and straight away she said is that a cat and before I knew it the dog was at the box having a go at it! I put myself in between them but the woman couldn’t calm the dog down! Then they were called to see the vet but the vet actually had to come and get the dog!

Poor Jess was shaking like a leaf I felt really awful for him as his quite nervous anyway! When the greyhound lady came out another lady had arrived with a cat and this time the monster got his teeth in the bars but the feisty little cat was having a go back and it ended up with blood on the floor! The vet called us but I said there was no way I am walking past the dog with Jess so the vet came and got him!

Poor Jess has an infection so he had an injection (dexadreson) and he has tablets (metronidazole) to take, the vet wanted me to starve him but we got 4 sachets of prescription food (walth chicken and rice) instead but he doesn’t like it! If he is no better by Thursday then he has to go back and have some tests  :scared: So the poor little thing has been through it really, he was quite clingy last night and unhappy (worse than he was before we went to the vets). This morning we gave Jess the tablet and he was really good and let us out it in his mouth but today we have shut him in the hallway and kitchen because he won’t eat I am worried he might scratch the sofa’s as he isn't getting his own way  :sneaky:. I am going to leave work at 4pm today so I’ll get home an hour earlier at least, I can't wait to see him.

Offline kris

• Adult Cat
« Reply #10 on: May 14, 2007, 12:25:35 PM »
My Freddie had an upset tummy for about 3 days last week, just came out of the blue, no change to diet or routine but he seems fine now. In fact the only change to his environment was a yukka plant I had bought the week before that he had been chewing (he chews every plant in this house...it's a nightmare) so I guessed maybe it was that that upset him, I don't really know. Hope Jess cheers up soon!

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • PA to Mosi & Kito
« Reply #9 on: May 14, 2007, 12:22:53 PM »
If he's well in himself perhaps you could try a probiotic.  Lacto b is a good one that worked for Jaffa when he had runny poos.

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
« Reply #8 on: May 13, 2007, 19:53:09 PM »
Thanks everyone, Jess is still quite lose with his bowl movements so I am going to have a word with our vet at work, and then possibly going to pay a visit to the vets tomorrow evening, he has been chasing a few bugs indoors so we did wonder whether it was that or eaten too much grass in the garden,

Offline tammy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Smudge
« Reply #7 on: May 13, 2007, 09:34:43 AM »
ela, know what you mean. A neighbour who I got my cat from, used the same vet as me as we often bumped into eachoher there, one day said he had to treat his whole hoes for fleas as the mother bought some in and he didnt relise until they all attacked him and his son. He said he didnt realise cats needed defleaing although he wormed regulaly. He got mum cat when she was a kitten and I kow for a fact our local vet when you register cats with them gives you info on what the cats need regularly-worminf,flea treat, vaccines etc etc so he had no excuse!! Some people !! TUT :censored:

Offline Ela

• Royal Cat
« Reply #6 on: May 13, 2007, 08:36:51 AM »
I understand that nowadays vets are recommending to worm every month, although my vet said when I asked him ideally yes that is now the thinking , but he would be  happy if everyone wormed every 3 months, which as we all know is not the case. Only last week I took in a cat aged 4, I asked when it was last flead and wormed, the owner just looked at me opened eyed and with a a dropped jaw and then managed to say Oh! I didn't know cats needed to be treated for fleas and worms.

I know where they got the cat from initially and know they would have had a home visit and it would have been discussed. I also know they they were give a book about parasites
RULES ARE FOR THE OBEDIENCE OF FOOLS AND GUIDENCE OF WISE MEN.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2007, 19:23:28 PM »
Jess was on kitten felix before, i remember the query on when to swap to adult! If it was food i would expect it to have happened sooner than 2-3 weeks.
Have you been feeding continuous flavours of red meats eg beef & lamb? That can upset some cats. Just wondering as Kitten felix only has 3 lamb per box with 9 plainer flavours  ;D

Has he been gobbling flies? Or he could have a hairball on the way.
You could worm him early and see if that helps, keep an eye on his hydration tho.
If it persists then see your vet, they'll prob give you a bland diet in a pouch.

Offline tammy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Smudge
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2007, 18:57:37 PM »
yes ofcourse if it does not improve by itself soon, vets help may be necessary. :)

Offline Gill (sneakiefeline)

• Rainbow Bridge/Rescue/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Misa at 4yrs old and new with me
  • Slave to: Misa, Sasa, Franta Napoleon RIP, Ducha RIP and Lupin, Kocka RIP
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2007, 18:55:37 PM »
Good advice from Tammy but if this prob continues please see a vet

Offline tammy

• Distinguished Cat
  • Smudge
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2007, 15:54:24 PM »
It may that the combination of food is upseting his digestion. Since you have introduced wet food last, try withdrawing it for a week or so and introducing it again after that in very small amounts. It may be worth feeding white boiled fish or chicken for 24hrs just to let the tummy have a break.

One of mine suffered badly with diarrhea quite badly when younger. Took us a very long time to deduce why. We tried feeding fish and chicken only and re introducing food quite slowly but it always came back. In the end it worked out she was intolerant to dry food (all brands). She was stuck on Felix wet food for life, but even then her tummy was so irritated by the time we figured it out she had to have antibiotics for a week followed by porbiotics for a week from the vet to settle her tummy. But after that as long as she remained on Felix wet stuff her tummy was fine.

Good Luck :)

Offline Leanne

• Super Cat
  • Milo & Jess
diarrhea
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2007, 08:27:20 AM »
Jess has been having an upset stomach for the past few days, he seems well in himself there has been no change in his behaviour! I just don't know whether I am being the neurotic meowmy  :Crazy:

Jess has been on adult wet food (Felix pouches) for around 2/3 weeks and on Hills light biscuits for longer and we'vereduced he amount of food we've been giving him so I didn't think it was his food! He is being wormed every 3 months and isn't due his next one for 6 weeks.

Any ideas? Or should we be going to the vets??

Thanks

Link to CatChat