Author Topic: Stomorgyl  (Read 8221 times)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Re: Stomorgyl
« Reply #19 on: May 13, 2007, 18:07:23 PM »
The guy with the snuffles appears to be re-couperating on his own steam, which is a good thing. I wouldn't want him to be tolerant to antibiotics because he's had them too often, either!

My little guy with gum issues also has diabetes, which means it's harder for him to get better. So I guess he's going to be getting taken in to be checked over first!

Thanks for your help, Millys Mum! :)

Carrie, Jack,Toby and Parsley ~ Love and miss you all always.x

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #18 on: May 13, 2007, 15:54:29 PM »
When your cat has the same thing repeatedly you just remember! I use Metacam at my discretion as to how uncomfortable he is. Normally 2 drops is enough to make him comfy.
I now dont really bother with his anti-bs as im working at keeping him calm and tackling it that way. I dont want him to end up resistant to antibiotics, vets just give them to you to get rid of you!

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #17 on: May 12, 2007, 23:27:27 PM »
How do you know what dosage to give though, Millys mum? Surely it depends on how bad the problem is? (I'm paranoid about giving my animals too much or little of something. I do have some antibiotics left from the gingivitis, but they'll be out of date. I could get more off the internet though. TBH, the guy with gingivitis has no issue with a cat carrier, it's the one that they DEFINATELY feel they need to see - typical!)

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #16 on: May 12, 2007, 19:36:21 PM »
I know how you feel, my bladder boy is always needing the vets and it upsets him for days after. Just seeing the basket for someone else does the same  :doh:
I get as much as i can to do at home myself, i keep anti-b's and pain relief in stock now

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #15 on: May 12, 2007, 10:01:08 AM »
Nope :thumbd: the vet wouldn't allow me a repeat script for either the gingivitis or the snuffles. (Useful, eh?) Says that both cats haven't had the conditions for too long. I'd generally agree withthis theory, but I remember the symptoms on both occasions and they have them again!

I asked my "vet run" friend if he'd mind one in the next week or so, and he said it's fine. Poor cats, as I said one of them hates cat carriers. (Admittedly the other makes up for it, he goes to sleep!) I'm actually pretty annoyed as I don't like disrupting the one that hates carriers - ah well, needs must.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #14 on: May 11, 2007, 18:54:44 PM »
Did you get your pills JS?

Gillian, i dont know about Antirobe and herpes cats, i spose it depends what symptoms they are showing? The herpes cats iv dealt with had eye issues and took Ronaxan for it.
Antirobe are great for oral probs tho so worth trying, very easy to mix in food too.

Rosella, Stomorgyl are pinky red and quite small, my kitties had them for their runny bums  ;D Looked like teeny smarties!

Offline forever_missing_my_boys(Lisa)

• Super Cat
  • MY LOVE MY LIFE MY EVERYTHING =MY GSD TODD
« Reply #13 on: May 10, 2007, 17:07:44 PM »
awwwww
i hope u get him sorted  :hug:
MUMMY TO TODD THE DOG AND MOLLY,BAILEY,BRIDIE,FLOSSY
,PICKLES,MAKOSI AND MAX THE CATS
 I :catluv: CATS

( A Kitten/Cat is for Life )

( A LIFE IS A LIFE WHEATHER LAMB OR MAN )
NO ONE LIFE IS MORE PRECIOUS THEN ANOTHER

FOREVER MISSING MY PRECIOUS BRIDGE BABES SNOWY AND BUBBLES :candle:

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #12 on: May 10, 2007, 16:55:56 PM »
They won't let us have a repeat script for either of them. :( They say it depends on the severity of the snuffles and gingivitis and so will need to see them both. (Grrrr, have to arrange a lift to get us there now. Wouldn't mind, but one of my guys HATES the vets and turns into a psycho cat!)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #11 on: May 09, 2007, 23:49:52 PM »
My poor little guy is prone to gingivitis - he's had to have teeth removed in the past. (That wasn't especially cheap!) I'm hoping a course of this will sort him out again. He has a white gum over one tooth; the rest just look sore. I tried brushing them earlier, but the poor lad just kept flinching and pulling away.

Offline Rosella moggy

• Fundraising/Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
  • Popeye & Elsa
  • Slave to: Noni Baroni, Dinah, Ruby, Groucho, Bobby. Popeye & Elsa
« Reply #10 on: May 09, 2007, 23:34:52 PM »
I'm virtually certain that these were the antibiotics prescribed for Freddie when he had all his teeth extracted last November.  All I recall is that they were pretty big and tasted pretty bad or so vet said. Freddie didn't come down with any infection though so they did what they were supposed to do.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #9 on: May 09, 2007, 23:13:50 PM »
Thanks guys, I'll call tomorrow and see if the vet will do a "repeat prescription." :)

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #8 on: May 09, 2007, 20:11:33 PM »
Right, I actually think my other boy needs antibiotics too. (I think he has the snuffles, which he's had before.) Is the best course of action to call the vet and see if he'll prescribe them both what he did before?

Yep, thats what I do, just phone and ask for more of the same! Mind you, I can only pick them up if the vet is on the premises - didnt used to matter, but think there are new regulations now.

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #7 on: May 09, 2007, 19:17:17 PM »
Right, I actually think my other boy needs antibiotics too. (I think he has the snuffles, which he's had before.) Is the best course of action to call the vet and see if he'll prescribe them both what he did before?

Offline Gillian Harvey

• Cat Rescue
  • Royal Cat
  • Sam RIP
    • Scruffy Joe's Cat Grooming & Cat Sitting
« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2007, 18:26:23 PM »
Yep, mine lets me stock up on antibiotics! don't have to take 'em for an appointment.

MM, my vet usually just gives me clavaseptin for my herpes cats, but is antirobe good for that? I don't think we've tried it before.

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2007, 13:19:27 PM »
If you have got a good vet then they may dispense without seeing him, mine will but im well known to them  8)

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #4 on: May 09, 2007, 13:13:09 PM »
Even if the vet knows about the problem? Really? Huh! :-: Roll on payday...not that they'll be anything left!

Offline Millys Mum

• Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #3 on: May 09, 2007, 13:09:36 PM »
Antirobe are very good for mouth infections, is that your PDSA vet? Stomorgyl are probably cheaper!
You cant buy anti-b's without prescription so you would have to take him anyway  ;D

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
« Reply #2 on: May 09, 2007, 13:06:05 PM »
Have found them on another vet site. Even though I can see the same symptoms, it's wise to take him to the vets just to be on the safe side, isn't it?

Offline JackSpratt

• Moderating Staff
  • Purrrrrfect Cat
Stomorgyl
« Reply #1 on: May 09, 2007, 12:57:30 PM »
Has anyone heard of this? I think my little guy(as opposed to my big guy!) has gingivitis....AGAIN.....and I've just phoned to find out what he was treated with last time. I was given this name, but when I go on VetUK it isn't listed. I'm oping to take him for a quick check up to sort it, but just wanted to know what I was giving him really. (The lady that answered the phone was very impressed that I'd bothered her to glean information!)
« Last Edit: May 09, 2007, 12:58:07 PM by JackSpratt »

Link to CatChat